Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Managing/Adopting to Change.....

Discussion in 'Jamii Intelligence' started by Smiles, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Smiles

Smiles JF-Expert Member

Oct 10, 2012
    [FONT=&amp] Hello friends,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]For some reason I have felt obligated to share this with you: [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"managing change, accepting change/adopting to change" specifically in our work environments.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Most of us – like I do, feels more comfortable to work in an environment that we are used to, or with the people that we are used to be around with. But when it comes to changing that environment and moving to a different one – we develop some sort of fear like ‘what kind of environment am I moving to? Or what type of people am I going to be dealing with?!' These sort of questions which at the end of the day makes things very difficult.[/FONT]
    So I took some time to study this and came across this book by Dr. Spencer Johnson titled ‘Who Moved My Cheese'. A very nice book in which I have had quite a lot to learn from. And which I also recommend for all of you to read. In this book Dr. Johnson speaks well about how responding well to change could work at an advantage and maximize our knowledge into things that we previously have not thought of.[/FONT]
    And also having observed that change is inevitable in most of our work areas, I thought that it is important that we have ourselves prepared at all times, so that when change finally catches up – it does not come as a surprise or end up a tragic story![/FONT]
    I am saying this because I have noticed that some of us – not being able to adopt well, change could result to a person being super frustrated, but what we actually should keep in mind is that change does not mean ‘tragic' rather – change could mean moving on, advancing....greater opportunities, and if we keep a positive mind to this we could see ourselves excel in ways we cannot even imagine![/FONT]
    So there is no need to have fear for change... But there is absolute need to be positive to change![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Not finding ourselves at the end of the day asking ‘who moved my cheese' and remain confused, while we could use that opportunity to move to even better opportunities![/FONT]
    Now having said all that – the below few tips might help get the clear picture, lets try and learn them and use them to our advantage if ever we shall encounter change in our environment.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    Learn patience[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]. Generally, things do not happen overnight. Infact, it may take some time before you may actually see the results you are expecting, so take it easy and patience will help you get where you wanna be.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    Be persistent[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]. It's easy to want to give up, especially when things are not going your way, but keep on going cause the answer may just be around the corner.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

Be practical[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]. Some changes require an immediate response but there's no need to rush to the finish line. Stay present and firm![/FONT]
    Be positive[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]. Expect "up and down". In fact, there is more to it where change is concerned but your positive attitude is what will make that change be what you require.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

Have a purpose[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]. No matter how many major changes and transitions you go through during the course of your life, remember to note that every transition has a meaning – and that is your purpose![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Have a great evening![/FONT]
  2. Mourinho

Mourinho JF-Expert Member

Oct 16, 2012

Naturally binadamu waliowengi tunareact negatively to, au tunaogopa changes kwa sababu hatujui hizo changes zitatuathiri vipi, au simply tunaogopa kile tusichokijua.

Umejadili some good points but ningependekeza tujadili na sababu zinazotufanya binadamu tureact negatively towards changes.(changes in general sio za kiofisi tu)
  3. Mungi

Mungi JF Gold Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Most of people/sociaties do not want to be managed, but the want to be led. There are different between management and leadership. Change with no reason means nothing.
    Well, managers are well known in organizing and controlling and so on, while on the other side leaders always inspires, planning and developing for the future.