Lutheran Tanzania becomes second largest in world

Mokoyo

JF-Expert Member
Mar 2, 2010
With an increase of 670,242 new members last year, Tanzania now has the second largest Lutheran Church congregation in the world. The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania (ELCT), which is affiliated to the largest Lutheran World Federation (LWF), recorded a growth of 14.5 percent last year. This phenomenal growth has seen Tanzania claim the top position in Africa, for having the highest number of followers of the Lutheran Church, and the second place in the world after Sweden ……………….read more through (www.thecitizen.co.tz)

Is that so? I am a Lutheran myself, but I get the impression every time I go to church back home our numbers are dwindling!!

The growth of the Pentecostal churches in Tanzania surely has to be explained by a great exodus of believers fromo somewhere?

Is that so? I am a Lutheran myself, but I get the impression every time I go to church back home our numbers are dwindling!!

The growth of the Pentecostal churches in Tanzania surely has to be explained by a great exodus of believers fromo somewhere?
Injinia, kuna ukweli kwa hapo nilipohighlight kwani nami ni muumini wa dhehebu hili na kuna wakati unaona upungufu wa watu ingawa kuna ukweli pia kuwa kuna ongezeko la waumini kwa kiasi kikubwa hasa wale waliowahi kuhamia kwingine na kuamua kurudi tena.

Nina wasi wasi na hii statistic kwani wapentekoste ambao idadi yao imeongezeka sana nchini wengi wao wametoka lutherun na RC. Pia kuna watu ambao washaondoka lutheran kwa zaidi ya miaka mitatu lakini majina yao bado yapo kwenye vitabu vyao. Labda tungejulishwa ni mfumo gani waliotumia kupata hizi takwimu.

Ina mana bongo kuna walutheri wengi kuliko ujerumani? Au wanaongelea growth rate?

With an increase of 670,242 new members last year, Tanzania now has the second largest Lutheran Church congregation in the world. The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania (ELCT), which is affiliated to the largest Lutheran World Federation (LWF), recorded a growth of 14.5 percent last year. This phenomenal growth has seen Tanzania claim the top position in Africa, for having the highest number of followers of the Lutheran Church, and the second place in the world after Sweden ……………….read more through (www.thecitizen.co.tz)
Hiyo itkuwa ni kwa mujibu wa waliopata kipaimara last year si unajua wabongo tunavyozaa, wengi sana last year walikuwa new church members

Evangelische Kirche in Deutschland (EKD)* 27,400,000
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America 5,500,000
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland 4,400,000
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Denmark 4,350,000
Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod 2,582,440
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania 2,200,000

Granted, the data may be outdated

Source http://www.adherents.com/adh_rb.html

*"The Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD) is the institutional form chosen by a community of 24 Lutheran, Reformed and United regional churches. German Protestant church structures are based on federal principles at all levels. The EKU (Evangelical Church of the Union) belongs as the 25th Member Church to the EKD. Each local congregation is responsible for Christian life in its own area, while each regional church has its own special characteristics and retains its independence. Without in any way diminishing this autonomy, the EKD carries out joint tasks with which its members have entrusted it."

Leo nimeingia misa ya kwanza asubuhi pamoja na mambo mengine nimefanya tathmini ya washirika waliopo kwenye ibada kwa maana ya wale wenye bahasha na wale wasiokuwa na bahasha. Almost kulikuwa na waumini kama 2000 sasa huu ni usharika mmoja. Kwahiyo hii takwimu kwa kiasi kikubwa inaweza kuwa na ukweli ndani yake

Pia kuna watu ambao washaondoka lutheran kwa zaidi ya miaka mitatu lakini majina yao bado yapo kwenye vitabu vyao. .
Kunakuwepo na mfumo wa kuwaondoa wale wote waliohama kwa kutumia bahasha. Kwahiyo kama mtu kama mwaka jana mwaka huu toka Januari kuna mechanisms nzuri za kumtambua kuwa hayupo

Back
Top Bottom