Lucky Dube is dead!

The News are very shocking!
Alikuwa mwanamapinduzi.

Any way, life goes ON.

Asubuhi ya leo nilikuwa library, ndipo nilipokumbana na habari hii kwenye Michuzi blogspot kisha vyombo vya habari duniani vimefanya covering. The brother was shot infront of his children.
Wana JF wote, Lucky Dube angekuwa mtanzania from my point of view angekuwa on the same page as us, why?? ni kuwa alikuwa anasimamia hoja na kupinga unyanyaswaji wa wanyonge wote kwa njia yeyote, aliwasema wanasiasa kwa ulaghai wao na hakusita ku-promote Amani na Umoja within his people and Africa as a whole. Personally i'll miss him. There goes another great son of Africa, now i know that u dont have to be a politician to change the world, just play your part and it can reflect and spark the minds of those who will change the world.
My heart goes to his family especially his son, ambaye ameshindwa hata kuongea kwa kuchanganyikiwa kutokana na kushuhudia mauaji ya babaye mbele yake.

Africa mourns Lucky,

Rest In Peace Lucky,

We are all on the same way, i'll mourn you till the day i join you!

Jah Rastafari!!

may his soul reast in Peace....Amen
mwenzetu katangulia na sisi tutafuatia tatizo hatujui siku wala saa n wud add up that hatujui chanzo cha vifo vyetu vitakua nini...God was n is so brave abt this..

Yaani nimeumia sana. What a shok! Mungu amlaze mahali pema peponi, Amina.
Ni kweli reggae ni muziki unaopendwa sana na hao ndugu zetu wachaga, na wanaamini Bob Marley ni mtu wa asili ya kwao, actually wenyewe wanamwita Bob Mallya (wanadai wazungu walishindwa tu kutamka), na Peter Tosh ni Peter Tesha!

Mshikaji alitabiri kifo chake.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53qzhGQhicw[/media]

Lucky Dube in the Free Online Encyclopedia
Check Free Online Encyclopedia for information about Lucky Dube

I' ve been sitting here for many days now
They' ve been looking for me for many days too
From where I' m sitting
I can see their angry faces
It' s only a matter of time
They' ll be on to me
The sirens, helicopters and tings
The bloodhounds are on my tail, Oh God
Just in minutes
They' ll be tearing me apart
If I don' t do now
What I' ve been doing all my life
I' ll be running...all my life

Chorus:
I' m the running man
The fugitive

Seeking political asylum is not easy down here/FONT>
My father had friends in high places
And in low places too
Everytime we asked him to stop running
We would say
"Leave all to me, I' ll make it right"
Today he' s gone, I' m still running
Coyotes and vultures closing in on me
I take it a warning
I' ll be running
I' ll be running
'Cause I can

Chorus till fade

Service for SA's shot reggae star

Lucky Dube had sung about his country's terrible crime problem
Friends and family of the murdered South African reggae star Lucky Dube are gathering in Johannesburg for a memorial service and protest march.
The singer was gunned down late last week in what police described as a botched car hijacking attempt.

The protesters are demanding tougher government action to end the country's wave of violent crime.

Lucky Dube was a reggae music icon and one of South Africa's most loved and respected stars

Reggae Star Lucky Dube to Be Buried Sunday in Private Ceremony
By Scott Bobb
Johannesburg
26 October 2007

Bobb report - Download (mp3) 639k
Listen to Bobb report

I WAS A FUN OF lUCKY Dube. His death came as A shock.
South African Reggae star Lucky Dube is to be buried Sunday in a private family ceremony. Fans, however, have already paid an emotional tribute to the singer, who was shot to death a week ago in an attempted car jacking. VOA Correspondent Scott Bobb reports from Johannesburg.

Hundreds of people attend memorial service for South African reggae musician Lucky Dube, 24 Oct 2007
The public was not invited to the funeral of the late Reggae star Lucky Dube, but nearly 2,000 friends and fans gathered at a music hall in Soweto Wednesday for a memorial service.

Band members, weeping openly as they performed without their star lead singer, sang, 'nobody can stop reggae.'

Two of Dube's daughters delivered an emotional eulogy. Daughter Laura said she would never forget him.

"Thugs have robbed us of our icon," she said. "We are going to miss you always."

Tributes were read by the presidents of Senegal and The Gambia, and from musicians from around the world.

The head of Dube's Gallo Music recording label, Ivor Haarburger, said the nation was shocked and saddened to hear of Dube's murder.

"It is a senseless disturbing act," he said. "A great spirit has been taken from us. It is a loss felt by millions of people, millions and millions of people around the world."

South Africa has one of the highest rates of violent crime in the world.

Members of the Creative Workers Union staged a march to the offices of the provincial government. Union Secretary-General Oupa Lebogo delivered a note protesting attacks against Dube and several other prominent musicians in recent years.

"Some of the cases that are still pending of artists being killed and maimed by these ruthless killers, what is happening with that issue? We are also saying that we must reach out to the community, because, without the community, we cannot win this war," he said.

Lucky Dube
Lucky Dube was gunned down September 18 as he dropped two of his children off at a relative's house south of Johannesburg.

Three days later police arrested five suspects. Four of them are to appear in court this week on charges of murder, attempted hijacking and possession of an unlicensed weapon.

Police say they were part of a carjacking ring, and authorities expect to make more arrests.

Lucky Dube was one of South Africa's best known musicians internationally, and the first South African artist to sign with the Motown record label in the United States.

The 43-year-old singer began his 25-year-long career singing urbanized adaptations of traditional Zulu music. But, he also recorded albums in the Afrikaans language of the white minority.

He made his mark internationally singing Reggae music, often with a social message condemning injustice and oppression, and praising peace and love.

E-mail This Article