Lt-General Faustin Kayumba Nyamwasa Shot in South Africa

....wishful thinking tuu,the only wanted ni wajinga wajinga wenzako FDLR & exiled genocidal govts who killed millions,na uache uwongo Hague haimtafuti mtu yeyote kutoka serikali ya Kagame or RPF,these murderer killed millions then mnataka waliozuia genocide ndio washtakiwe jeez get a life!

It seems there are many who are fleeing KIGALI please check this out:

Kagame bodyguard escapes Rwandan regime

Innocent-11-157x210.jpg

A member of Rwanda’s Presidential Republican Guard (PPG) survived death in what could easily match a Hollywood movie. President Paul Kagame’s bodyguard, Innocent Kalisa, who is used to travel First Class, if not on a presidential jet, was for the first time sealed in a vegetable container onto a plane and ferried to a safer country after escaping from Kigali, the Rwandan capital.

In an exclusive interview with Str8talk Chronicle, Mr Kalisa said he now considers himself the luckiest person. “I really don’t know how I got here. I must have been the luckiest person because during the two days I spent in a Safe House, at least 20 people, an average of 10 per day, were executed,” Kaliisa, a private in the Rwanda army, (Rwanda Army No. AP98709) who had served in the PPG since 2001 said

Like many army officers in Kigali now in fear for their lives after President Kagame’s recent accusations against former senior Rwandan military officers of being involved in subversive activities against his country, Pte Kaliisa also claims to be suffering from psychological fear every time he sees President Kagame’s image.

With handcuffs still on his hands and fear engulfing his face, including fresh wounds allegedly inflicted on him by his tormentors in a safe house at Kabeza, a Kigali suburb, Kaliisa narrated: “There were blood stains on the carpet. I knew that at any time I was also going to be killed. The next night in the safe house, one army major came into one of the rooms and questioned me. He threatened me that the worst was yet to come the following day if I didn’t tell him the truth. After he left, I started planning my escape.” He said that using the knowledge he had attained from various army courses he had attended, he managed to escape.

Innocent-61-357x210.jpg

President Kagame plays football on the lawn of his Presidential Mansion while Kalisa keeps guard in the background (in grey suit)

Barely months to the country’s presidential elections, has Kigali remained hostile to both the opposition and members of the armed forces who have previously had any slight knowledge about the renegade generals who fled the country into exile since last year. According to Pte Kalisa, the only clue to his suffering was when he was demobilized and decided to go to Uganda where he planned to pursue further education. He explained: “My brother who was in the army and served in the same unit before me, advised me to go for further studies like him. He added: “Apart from visiting Uganda, I have no knowledge about those people [Lt. Gen. Kayumba Nyamwasa and Col. Patrick Karegyeya]. It is just because the President no longer trusts anybody. At the moment, he may not even trust his own shadow,” says the former bodyguard. Kaliisa says his only problem is that he did not have any information to give about the renegade army generals who recently fled the country.

Former Chief of Staff and Ambassador to India, Lt. Gen. Kayumba Nyamwasa fled the country in February and joined the former Rwandan Chief Spy, Col. Patrick Karegyeya who fled the country in 2007. Others who have also fled the country include: Theoneste Mushindashaka, Senator Stanley Safari, Lt. Col. Sam Baguma, Capt. Eliphaz Ndikuyezu, Capt. Claude Bizimungu, Capt. John Wuwintari, Capt. John-Bosco Muhizi, Capt. Theobal Gakumba, Capt. John Ontabuka and Jean Pierre Kagubare. All fled the country to seek refuge in exile.

Having served as a close bodyguard and his vast knowledge about the Rwanda presidential set-up, Kalisa fears the Kagame regime will now be after him. He insists he does not know why he has been linked to the army officers now in exile. “I started serving as bodyguard in 2001. I held responsibilities as a close bodyguard to the president’s family, including his wife Jeannette and their children. I had never harboured any bad motives against them. But why now?” asks Kalisa, adding: “I have in the past travelled with the President to African States like Tanzania, Mwanza, Zambia-Lusaka, South Africa. Why me at this time,” he wondered.

We contacted the head of the Rwanda PPG to make a comment on what Kalisa had said. In an exclusive interview with this reporter and without giving reason why in the first place Kaliisa had been arrested, Colonel Tom Byabagamba, the overall commander of President Kagame’s Republican Guard, described Kalisa as a wanted man. Sounding familiar with what had happened, he said: “Kaliisa? If he is the Kaliisa I know, he was working with us but he escaped from prison.” Col. Byabagamba added: “That guy is on a wanted list of our police, you can contact the police spokesperson and they are conversant with his case.” He did not mention or single out a single charge levelled against his former subordinate.

Innocent-5-221x210.jpg

Pte Kalisa pictures soon after escaping from prison in Kigali

However, Col. Byabagamba referred us to the country’s police spokesman, Eric Kayiranga who said: “Right now I’m in a stadium, I’m following the defense processions and I can’t give the details.” With regards to Kalisa, Kayiranga confirmed: “Yes he is a wanted person.” Without giving the details of charges against Kalisa, Kayiranga claimed: “Even our newspapers [have referred to him] as a criminal. He should be arrested and brought to face justice.”

The country’s Police spokesman, who said that Kalisa was a wanted person with a file already in the criminal justice system through Interpol, seemed not to be aware of the actual charges Kalisa is facing. “By the time you get back to me, I would have gathered all the information about him and I will provide you with the detailed information,” he blurted out.

President Kagame, who has been praised overseas for social and economic progress, has embarked on clamping down on the opposition politicians and the media ahead of the August presidential elections. Mrs Ingabire Umuhoza Victoire is just but one of the many of his political opponents that are now incarcerated. She is under house arrest in Kigali, after the court confiscated her passport and denied her any movement outside the country. Even an American Attorney, Peter Erlinder who had come to represent Mrs Ingabire was arrested and remains in detention charged with genocide denial.

It remains a mystery why Rwandan security agents arrested Kalisa when he had been demobilized on 28 January 2010, according to the demobilization certificate, a copy of which we have seen. We have independently obtained a demobilisation certificate from the Rwanda Defense Ministry which suggests that Pte Kalisa was relieved of his duties in January this year. The demobilisation certificate bears the signature of the country’s Minister of Defense, General Marcel Gatsinzi. It is written in Kinyarwanda and says: “Ministeri y’ingabo irashimira No. AP98709 Pte Kalisa Innocent akazi yakoreye igihugu mugihe yari akiri umusirikare akaba asezerewe kamugaragaro le 28th January 2010. (The Ministry of Defense would like to thank, No. AP98709 Pte [Private] Kalisa Innocent for serving his country as a soldier. He has officially been relieved of his duties as from 28th January, 2010.”

Source: Str8talk Chronicle

....wishful thinking tuu,the only wanted ni wajinga wajinga wenzako FDLR & exiled genocidal govts who killed millions,na uache uwongo Hague haimtafuti mtu yeyote kutoka serikali ya Kagame or RPF,these murderer killed millions then mnataka waliozuia genocide ndio washtakiwe jeez get a life!

Mkuu i wonder kama kweli ni milions or nearly a milion. Lakini kuwa ni vema ukikumbuka kuwa waliozusha genocide na waliotekeleza genocide wapo. Wachache wako korokoroni na wengine bado hawako korokoroni. Bado kuna elements za exiled genocidal government pamoja na Interahamwe mitaani na maporini, at the same time wapo wale walioua thousands of killers and thousands of hutu innocents in the name of stopping genocide, nao still wanatamba Kigali. They are equally killers. Jua likizama tu nao wataanza kufikishwa kunakohitajika. UUAJI ni uuaji tu, whether you are doing it for stopping killings or for the sake of it.

Duh!!!....Kwa hivyo yuko in a sticky situation either way he goes? Ikiwa hali ni hii basi ingekua mimi ningejitosa Hague tu maana push comes to shove, atakua witness wa kumhukumu Kagame for his atrocities. Vinginevyo atatafutwa na kuuliwa tu kama huu mfano.
hicho ndio kinampasua kichwa kagame maana alikubali kwenda spain kujitetea,na ndio maana unaona yote haya yanatokea.

wewe naona una matatizo ya akili wewe:redfaces:

hicho ndio kinampasua kichwa kagame maana alikubali kwenda spain kujitetea,na ndio maana unaona yote haya yanatokea.

Mkuu,

Naomba unahabarishe kidogo.

Huyu bwana mbona he is wanted huko Hague as a genocide suspect yet he was fighting in Kagame's
forces trying to liberate the Tutsi's and moderate Hutu's? It will be very funny maana by extension basi
did Kagame and his forces particpate in mass killings?

The way the Rwandese drama is unfolding, really casts doubts on the 'cleanliness' of the President.It is
becoming really obvious day by day kua all is not well in Rwanda despite what we read or are told.
Kagame has been touted as the 'blue eyed' boy of the great lakes region lakini ukichambua zaidi he is
becoming more dictatorial and uncompromising to the voice of dissenters or people who think differently
from him. Hawa ma-jenrali walikua his close confidants and people he fought with in the bush trying to
get his minority Tutsi's into an equal political landscape so to speak.

Kama alivyosema Abdulhalim in an earlier posting, these kinda happenings in the East African region
cast a dark shadow in the aspirations to form the much bandied around EAC. How will the organisation
be viable if we have leaders like these who front a demeanor that scares the heck out of his opposition?
Peace in the region is a necessary ingredient for such a herculean union. Democracy has to flourish for
these institutions to make a mark and if a President cannot take criticism what is the whole purpose?
Why would a sitting President go to parliament and say that he will 'crush his opposition like flies'? To
me that is just absurd.

I had hope in this guy to make meaningful change in Rwanda but as of now I reserve it till a later
time.

Regards.

Mkuu,

Naomba unahabarishe kidogo.

Huyu bwana mbona he is wanted huko Hague as a genocide suspect yet he was fighting in Kagame's
forces trying to liberate the Tutsi's and moderate Hutu's? It will be very funny maana by extension basi
did Kagame and his forces particpate in mass killings?

The way the Rwandese drama is unfolding, really casts doubts on the 'cleanliness' of the President.It is
becoming really obvious day by day kua all is not well in Rwanda despite what we read or are told.
Kagame has been touted as the 'blue eyed' boy of the great lakes region lakini ukichambua zaidi he is
becoming more dictatorial and uncompromising to the voice of dissenters or people who think differently
from him. Hawa ma-jenrali walikua his close confidants and people he fought with in the bush trying to
get his minority Tutsi's into an equal political landscape so to speak.

Kama alivyosema Abdulhalim in an earlier posting, these kinda happenings in the East African region
cast a dark shadow in the aspirations to form the much bandied around EAC. How will the organisation
be viable if we have leaders like these who front a demeanor that scares the heck out of his opposition?
Peace in the region is a necessary ingredient for such a herculean union. Democracy has to flourish for
these institutions to make a mark and if a President cannot take criticism what is the whole purpose?
Why would a sitting President go to parliament and say that he will 'crush his opposition like flies'? To
me that is just absurd.

I had hope in this guy to make meaningful change in Rwanda but as of now I reserve it till a later
time.

Regards.
mkuu kama nilipokuwa naelezea mwanzo mambo ya huyu kiongozi,yes hes doing well in some of the matter of his country hatukatai,lakini ni kati ya viongozi wa kuangaliwa in this EAC,rwanda as how it goes now soon tutasikia mengine,ndio maana ya kum-block kayumba asiendelee kuongea kwani anajua akimpa chance its another thing goin to happen,theres a lot goin on there,nikiyasema hapa watakuja kina koba na kuanza kuniita mimi hutu-FDLR extremist.

How long shall they kill our prophets while we stand aside and LOOK?

Leo tunaona Rwanda tunachekelea na kuleta utani, Kagame should stop killing people look at how much people he is killing using his stout kabila, kesho wataingia Tanzania wameshamaliza Kongo jamani anataka kumuua kwa sababu kasema ukweli juu ya wizi wake?

Nimehadithiwa na rafiki yangu Mnyarwanda huyu Nyamwasa kampaka sana Kagame kuhusiana na ufisadi wake mkubwa anaoufanya kwa kutumia madaraka yake. Sasa naona Kagame anataka kummaliza kabla ya yeye kumalizwa. Kwa historia ya Rwanda sijui kama Kagame atakuwa ana maisha marefu na nadhani sasa hivi anaishi kwa wasiwasi mkubwa sana.

http://rwandinfo.com/eng/tag/nyamwasa/

Let us reserve our judgment for a second here. We don't know what happened in South Africa. Kumbuka, this is South Africa. Violence iko juu...case in point..(The killing of Lucky Dube). So, naona akina Babu Kijana wamepata fodder to feed on for the next few days. Babu Kijana please for the first time naomba uanzishe topic nyingine for a change. The more I read your comments the more I become suspicious of you ulterior motive.

Let us reserve our judgment for a second here. We don't know what happened in South Africa. Kumbuka, this is South Africa. Violence iko juu...case in point..(The killing of Lucky Dube). So, naona akina Babu Kijana wamepata fodder to feed on for the next few days. Babu Kijana please for the first time naomba uanzishe topic nyingine for a change. The more I read your comments the more I become suspicious of you ulterior motive.
ok lakini mkuu this things happen,ni mpaka lini mnataka ukweli uendelee kuwa kizani kwa ajili ya ushabiki wenu tu,kumbuka kama hii sio kama mechi za mpira,kuna binadamu wanapoteza maisha kama kuku,hivi km jamaa angeuwawa then kimya tukaambiwa tu aah kauliwa ni crime tu ya kawaida kwasababu south afrika panasifika kwa violence!,unajua ni kiasi gani family yake ingeathirika?naona hujawahi kukutwa na hali kama hizo.anyway i better be quiet now.:bump:

Seems like Kagame have installed some cyber soldiers even here in JF..lol..
Kazi hipo.

Hawa jamaa ndio architects wa monster wa sasa wa Rwanda. Waliiunda system ambayo naona kwenye mambo ya haki za binadamu inasimama kwenye misingi ya uongo.Lakini hata hivyo Kagame aangalie vizuri. Siku yake inawezekana iko jikoni

Haya Tena yule mpinzani wa General Kagame amepigwa risasi na sasa yuko hospitali taarifa zaidi baadaye:

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - An exiled Rwandan general was shot and wounded in South Africa Saturday in what his wife called a Rwandan-backed assassination attempt, a charge the Kigali government dismissed as "preposterous."

Lieutenant-General Faustin Kayumba Nyamwasa was in the intensive care unit of a Johannesburg hospital after being shot in the stomach, Rosette Kayumba told Reuters Television.

Once a close confidant of President Paul Kagame, Nyamwasa fled to South Africa this year after falling out with the president, later accusing him of using an anti-corruption campaign to frame opponents.

Nyamwasa's wife said she, her husband, their children and a driver had returned home from a shopping trip when an armed man approached their car and shot her husband.

Her husband and the driver got out of the car and scuffled with the gunman before he fled, she said. She said doctors told her husband would survive.

Kayumba said she believed Kagame was behind the attack, and ruled out an attempted robbery or carjacking because the gunman targeted only her husband and did not try to steal the car.

"He must be behind this, I don't have proof... but we've been harassed for such a long time," she said of Kagame.

Louise Mushikiwabo, Rwandan foreign minister and government spokeswoman, told Reuters by telephone: "Not only do I deny it, I think it's preposterous for Mrs Nyamwasa to be making that kind of comment."

She added: "The Rwandan government does not go around shooting innocent citizens...The time when presidents and governments went around assassinating their citizens is over in Rwanda."

TOP AIDE

The flight of Nyamwasa, who fought alongside Kagame to end the 1994 genocide in the central African nation, was a sign of a growing rift between the president and some of his top aides.

During and after the war to end the genocide, Nyamwasa held a number of key positions, including army chief of staff and head of the country's intelligence services.

Rwanda is due to hold a presidential election in August, which Kagame is widely expected to win. The United States has toughened its stance on the country, saying it is concerned about democratic freedom there.

In the run-up to elections, Rwanda has suspended two independent newspapers, arrested a high-profile opposition figure and prevented two opposition parties from registering, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Johnnie Carson told the U.S. Congress this year.

Rwandan authorities link Nyamwasa and another fugitive senior officer in South Africa to a series of deadly grenade attacks in the capital this year, and accuse him of nepotism and unlawful accumulation of wealth.

He has rejected the charges and said the president has used his anti-corruption campaign to frame opponents.

"If accountability is going to be used as a political weapon to frame perceived opponents, then it ceases to be meaningful or useful," Nyamwasa said in a statement printed in the Ugandan newspaper the Monitor in May.

Source: Exiled Rwanda general wounded in South Africa shooting | Reuters

Any Governement or coalition once it start to kill its friends and foe it won't last for a very long, unless it continue to kill and killing big time. It appears as if our neighours start to be have like an ice-cube in a bowl full of salt. You know what will happen, it will no longer be an ice cube but salted water.

kwahiyo leo mtikila/Mrema or Jeshi la wananchi general or mlinzi wa Kikwete akikimbia na kuanza kuropoka JK mwizi,fisadi this and that etc then kwa akili za wengi JF JK is a murderer and his days are numbered...whats goin on in Kigali is like day and night na mnacholetewa na babukijana,those guys are serious building their country all corrupt mafisadi,x-interahamwe,genocidals denials etc wanashughulikiwa kisawasawa and doesnt matter wewe ni chinga wa mtaani,army general,American Professor or cabinet minister wote mnashughulikiwa sawa tuu....Rwanda hawana chochote kwa investors kumwaga pesa zao kigali lakini angalia jinsi investors wanavyokimbilia Kigali sasa,the only incentive is strong non corrupt goverment of Paul Kagame ndio maana investors wanamwagika huko kila siku..Kagame is the best thing to happen in Rwanda and East Africa soon wengi wataanza kuchukua lesson kutoka Kigali jinsi ya kuendesha nchi zao

kwahiyo leo mtikila/Mrema or Jeshi la wananchi general or mlinzi wa Kikwete akikimbia na kuanza kuropoka JK mwizi,fisadi this and that etc then kwa akili za wengi JF JK is a murderer and his days are numbered...whats goin on in Kigali is like day and night na mnacholetewa na babukijana,those guys are serious building their country all corrupt mafisadi,x-interahamwe,genocidals denials etc wanashughulikiwa kisawasawa and doesnt matter wewe ni chinga wa mtaani,army general,American Professor or cabinet minister wote mnashughulikiwa sawa tuu....Rwanda hawana chochote kwa investors kumwaga pesa zao kigali lakini angalia jinsi investors wanavyokimbilia Kigali sasa,the only incentive is strong non corrupt goverment of Paul Kagame ndio maana investors wanamwagika huko kila siku..Kagame is the best thing to happen in Rwanda and East Africa soon wengi wataanza kuchukua lesson kutoka Kigali jinsi ya kuendesha nchi zao

Ingawa nakubaliana kabisa na jinsi Kagame anavyoshughulikia nidhamu kwenye serikali yake, lakini bado siyo sahihi kwake kuchukulia kuwa kila anayepingana naye kisera ni adui anayehitaji kuuwawa. Kosa la huyu general ni kuwa alipingana na Kagame namna ya kushughulikia wakosefu, yaani badala ya kuwaua kama anavyofanya Kagame, kayumba alishauri kujenga utaratibu wa kuwaweka makosefu kiwenye magereza na kuwareform. Wazo hilo likawa baya sana kiasi cha kumfanya aonekane adui anayestahili kifo. kagame amekuwapo pale madarakani kwa sababu ya hawa hawa magenerals,

Ingawa nakubaliana kabisa na jinsi Kagame anavyoshughulikia nidhamu kwenye serikali yake, lakini bado siyo sahihi kwake kuchukulia kuwa kila anayepingana naye kisera ni adui anayehitaji kuuwawa. Kosa la huyu general ni kuwa alipingana na Kagame namna ya kushughulikia wakosefu, yaani badala ya kuwaua kama anavyofanya Kagame, kayumba alishauri kujenga utaratibu wa kuwaweka makosefu kiwenye magereza na kuwareform. Wazo hilo likawa baya sana kiasi cha kumfanya aonekane adui anayestahili kifo. kagame amekuwapo pale madarakani kwa sababu ya hawa hawa magenerals,

...hivi hizo story za Kagame kuua watu mnatoa wapi?kwanza Rwanda hakuna hata death penalty sasa sijui nani kauliwa kwa kupingana na Kagame,huyo mnayemuita muuaji Kagame is the one who saved of many hutu asses maana RPF baada ya kuchukua Kigali na kukuta ndugu zao wote wamekwisha wengi wa soldiers walitaka kumaliza anything called Hutus lakini Kagame aliweka clear na kuwaambia yeyote atakayeua atashughulikiwa ndio maana kuna askari wengi sana wa RPF wako jela na wanamchukia sana Kagame kwa kukataza revenge,give the guy some credit...mauaji yote waliyofanyiwa ndugu zao tutsi still walipochukua nchi waka abolish death penalty na kuanzisha court system ambayo technically ni kwa ajiri ya reconcilliation tuu,tangu lini muuaji baada ya kukiri kosa unapewa miaka miwili na kuambiwa kachukue course kuhusu genocide or this and that?

Back
Top Bottom