Lou Dobbs wa CNN afukuzwa kazi

MaxShimba

JF-Expert Member
Apr 11, 2008
By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer David Bauder, Ap Television Writer – 1 hr 18 mins ago

NEW YORK – CNN moved swiftly to replace Lou Dobbs in its nightly lineup with John King, who said Thursday that all views would be welcome on his politically-oriented talk show when it debuts early next year.

Dobbs' abrupt exit prompted a victory lap by advocacy groups that had sought his ouster for outspokenness, particularly on illegal immigration. But CNN President Jon Klein said their pressure had nothing to do with the decision.

Klein said veteran political reporter King was the perfect choice for the passionate, nonpartisan reporting that CNN wants for its image. King will be leaving the Sunday political talk show he has been presiding over, creating another opening.

King will compete directly with another political hour, Chris Matthews' "Hardball" on MSNBC (Shepard Smith's general interest newscast on Fox News Channel is the cable news ratings leader at 7 p.m. ET). The CNN personality said he hoped to establish a show offering more meaty fare than his competitors.

"Anybody who has a major stake in a major topic will be invited to be on the show," said King, whose Washington-based program has no name yet.

Dobbs was a CNN original who was one of the TV business' leading financial journalists before taking on many other topics post-9/11, and increasingly offering his own opinion. Latino groups charged that Dobbs' emphasis on illegal immigration promoted an atmosphere of intolerance.

"We had hundreds of thousands of people who said `enough is enough,'" said Alex Nogales, president and CEO of the National Hispanic Media Coalition. "That he is gone from CNN is a great blessing and a great victory for our community."

CNN supported Dobbs, particularly as the opinionated fare boosted his ratings. But his show increasingly became inconsistent with CNN's effort to present itself as the down-the-middle alternative to Fox and MSNBC, and Klein pressured Dobbs to do a straight newscast. Complicating things was Dobbs' new role as a radio commentator, and the personas were often confused.

"To his credit, he tried (a straight newscast) and I think eventually he found that his interests lay elsewhere," Klein said.

The men had been discussing an exit strategy for several months. Klein characterized it as "a mutual decision," and released Dobbs from his contract.

Beyond his radio show, Dobbs wouldn't say what else he would be doing. He promised he would be active in advocacy journalism.

On a conference call involving 11 groups that had actively sought Dobbs' ouster through petitions, pressure on advertisers and distribution of attack videos, Eric Burns of the liberal media watchdogs Media Matters claimed Dobbs left because of the campaign.

"I don't think there is any doubt that it was a result - a direct result - of pressure from these groups here today," Burns said.

But Klein said there were as many people expressing support for Dobbs' work than opposition.

"They may be pleased by the outcome," he said, "but they are not responsible for, or played any part in the decision whatsoever."

___

CNN is owned by Time Warner Inc

Alizidi unazi na illegals, sasa akatafute kazi FOX News. lol

Cha kufurahisha inasemekana mke wake anatoka amerika a kusini ( latino)

The boy was sick. Ilikuwa way too personal. Well, I hope he will get a job in Mexico City where his wife comes from.

I like John King, smart, energetic, persuasive, and instrumental.

The boy was sick. Ilikuwa way too personal. Well, I hope he will get a job in Mexico City where his wife comes from.

I like John King, smart, energetic, persuasive, and instrumental.

King will make it live!!!!

Alizidi unazi na illegals, sasa akatafute kazi FOX News. lol

Nilimuona mwenyewe Lou akitoa kauli hiyo. Siku za karibuni wala sikutaka kumuangalia Lou maana kipindi chake kilikuwa kimejaa unazi kupita kiasi against Obama's administration. FoxNews labda watampa kazi.

Huyu mtu ni shabiki wa Chama cha Republicans. Anapokuwa CNN anakuwa more or less placid. Lakini anayo radio show yake,Lou Dobbs Show,ambapo anongea kama Rush Limbaugh,with vituperation,kuipings Serikali ya Obama.
And another thing,jana nimemuona Chuck Norris on TV anasema,''we should not be giving aid to Third World countries.There are many people in America who need help'

Yaani i had to pop champagne jana for that...I never liked Lou dobbs period...i am so glad John King anachukua nafasi yake...I ike John King yupo so neutral....This one time nilimuangalia Lou Dob baada ya kubishana sana then Nyani NGabu akanishawishi nikasema ok may be he is not too bad oh well nilitamani kumrukia lakini alikuwa kwenye TV..Namchukia Lou Bobbs,Rush,Sean Hanniyt and Bill O'Railey...Bill O'railey ananiushi he is so rude and very inconciderate...thats is hwy i don't watch Fox news.

And another thing,jana nimemuona Chuck Norris on TV anasema,''we should not be giving aid to Third World countries.There are many people in America who need help'

"Misaada" tunapewa na inaishia kwa wezi wachache, bora waache kutoa.

Great news "DOBBS is GONE", now I do not have to change the channel when he comes on. He will be welcomed at Faux Noise a la Greta "the witch", and "mad man"

Kwa wale mliopo US. Lou Dobbs atakuwa live katika kipindi O'Railey (Fox News Channel) Leo Jumatatu.7pm ET.Itakuwa ni mara ya kwanza kuzungumza na Media toka aondoke CNN wiki iliyopita.

Kwa wale mliopo US. Lou Dobbs atakuwa live katika kipindi O'Railey (Fox News Channel) Leo Jumatatu.7pm ET.Itakuwa ni mara ya kwanza kuzungumza na Media toka aondoke CNN wiki iliyopita.

Wee vipi bana wewe? Ni O'Reilly na sio O'Railey...
Halafu kipindi chake kinakuja 8pm ET na sio 7pm ET.

Najua nyinyi ma-liberals mtaangalia leo....

Wee vipi bana wewe? Ni O'Reilly na sio O'Railey...
Halafu kipindi chake kinakuja 8pm ET na sio 7pm ET.

Najua nyinyi ma-liberals mtaangalia leo....

Nashukuru kwa Masahihisho na Niwie radhi kwa Makosa...Najua hata wewe utaangalia.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom