Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Lockerbie bomber Megrahi has died at home in Libya

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by EMT, May 20, 2012.

1. EMT

EMT JF-Expert Member

May 20, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, the only person convicted over the 1988 Lockerbie bombing above Scotland, which killed 270 people, has died at home in Libya, his brother has told news agencies. Megrahi, 59, was convicted by a special court in the Netherlands in 2001. He was released from prison in Scotland in 2009 on compassionate grounds. He was suffering from cancer and was said to have only months to live. When he returned to the Libyan capital, he received a hero's welcome.

His brother Abdulhakim said on Sunday that Megrahi's health had deteriorated quickly and he died at home in Tripoli. He told the AFP news agency that Megrahi died at 13:00 local time (11:00 GMT). Last month, Megrahi's son said his father had been taken to hospital for blood transfusions.

Shortly before being freed, Megrahi dropped his second appeal against his conviction. His release sparked the fury of many of the relatives of the victims of the Lockerbie disaster. Last August after the fall of Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi, Megrahi was reported to be "in and out of a coma" at his home in Tripoli.There have been calls for him to be returned to jail in the UK or tried in the US. But shortly after they toppled Colonel Gaddafi, Libyan rebel leaders said they would not extradite Megrahi or any other Libyan.

BBC News - Lockerbie bomber Megrahi 'dead'

2. Ms Judith

Ms Judith JF-Expert Member

May 20, 2012
    pole zake.

nilitaka kupost hii kitu, imeibua kagumzo fulani hapa Copenhagen, kuangalia kumbe umeishaiweka. but nafikiri amekufa akisikitika jinsi fellow libyans walivyoiuza nchi yao kwa western world, nchi amabayo aliipigamiua kwa gharama zote alizojaaliwa na Mwenyezi Mungu!!

burian Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi

Mungu awabariki sana wapendwa

Glory to God!!

3. Ndahani

Ndahani JF-Expert Member

May 20, 2012
    RIP baada ya kuwatanguliza wenzake pia kwa kuwaua kwenye ile ndege. Hata hivyo kuangushwa kwa Ghadafi was a big blow to him and he has gone to his tomb mourning for the man he admired, but brutally killed by his country men.

4. EMT

EMT JF-Expert Member

May 20, 2012
    Kifo chake kimeibua gumzo in all Western countries.
    Media zote za West leo hiki kifo chake.

5. Osaka

Osaka JF-Expert Member

May 20, 2012
    ... Kwa kuua watu 270 wasio na hatia?

6. Saint Ivuga

Saint Ivuga JF-Expert Member

May 20, 2012
    ukiua ujue na wewe one day you will go ,, wote tutakufa na ..RIP mlibya

7. EMT

EMT JF-Expert Member

May 20, 2012
    Una uhakika kuwa yeye ndie aliyewaua hao watu?

8. AshaDii

AshaDii Platinum Member

May 20, 2012
    Sometimes it is so complicated to understand the Law... Deliberately killing 270 people no matter the grounds of it is just not coherent when you pounder on it. I say may he rest in peace because of my belief that only God has the right to judge, but ki ubinadamu kumaanisha ni ngumu sana, no matter he was a fellow Islam.

9. EMT

EMT JF-Expert Member

May 20, 2012
    The investigation and the case were dogged by conspiracy claims. Even now key questions about the bombing still remain unanswered. We don't know what the motivation for the bombing was, who ordered it, why it was carried out, how it was allowed to happen.

Doubts about his conviction still linger. Even some victims sill don't believe he was the one responsible. With his death, there is now a glimmer of hope in this search for the truth. With Colonel Gaddafi ousted, some hoped that information will emerge from Libya which sheds light on the bombing. If the information come out to be that he was not responsible at all will the West admit this? You are right. Where or not he did it only God can judge him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  10. livefire

livefire JF-Expert Member

May 20, 2012
    i find fault in your school of thought...something aint quite ok. Embrace humanity

11. AshaDii

AshaDii Platinum Member

May 20, 2012

What ever the case... OR what ever conspirancy theories naamini kulikua na wakubwa zaidi... Sometimes I deem it so useless in areas ambazo watu woote hao wamefariki.... hata hivo kama wanavosema. Knowledge is power, maybe waweza pata majibu mengi sana. EMT can you believe wakati naandika I have no right to judge I thot of the exact song? lol. Thank U.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  12. EMT

EMT JF-Expert Member

May 20, 2012
    Why you didn't post it then? lol May be you didn't want to be judged for posting the song?

13. AshaDii

AshaDii Platinum Member

May 20, 2012

hahahaha..... Tupo IF, No comment buddy. lol

14. MD25

MD25 JF-Expert Member

May 21, 2012
    Mkuu EMT, you ar very right... Watu wamekuwa wakipumbazwa na siasa za western, hata ishu ya sept 11, yale maghorofa USA waliyaangusha wenyewe ili wapate sababu ya vita au ishu ya Sadam Husein ya 'wepons of mass distruction', je walizipata hizo silaha? Western ni waongo sana na ni watu wa ghilba, unaweza kuta hata hiyo ndege waliiangusha wenyewe...

15. Ally Kombo

Ally Kombo Verified User

May 21, 2012
    'school of thought my foot!' acheni unafiki ! Kwani hujui mabepari kuwa walikuwa wakisumbuka na mafuta ya Ghadafi ! Hata Megrahi aliachiwa baada ya deal la mafuta, lakini haya unajifanya huyajui ! Walimsingizia 'weapon of Mass Distrc. ikabidi awaruhusu kudistroy wakati wamemuuziwa wao. Mwisho wamepata sababu ya kuumua !

16. Anheuser

Anheuser JF-Expert Member

May 21, 2012
    kama "wote tutakufa" then it is incoherent kusema "ukiua ujue na wewe one day you will go," kwa hiyo usipoua hautakufa? Kwa maneno mengine hau make any sense!

17. B

Bajabiri JF-Expert Member

May 21, 2012
    Alale pema peponi

18. livefire

May 21, 2012
    i wasnt responding to the above particulars but your school of thought that clearly resonates around the peripheries of religious cleansing for lack of a better word, ''them'' against ''us'' sort of ideology, revenge for my people is justified.....'hope thats clear'. Just to clarify, ofcourse what the West did is bad and i squarely put the blame on AU. You were very alive witnessing state after state denying and denouncing Libya which further stamped for an American invasion. Ideally Africa let down Libya, anyway whatever happened, oil had little influence, i presume Gadhaffi opposed the West openly and this is what brought him down. Oil wasnt a factor, Megrahis release too though shrouded with conspiracy i believe oil is a lame excuse to level against an independent state which had zero tolerace to 'external powers' influencing her decisions. It also was the only african state with zero external debt. I gez the only nation in the whole world too but where is it now? Africa did let down its own and not the west. Again i say, Oil is not the curse of Africa, leaving under the demarcation of colonial boundaries is and Gaddafi had a way to rid this under the AU banner. I think he financed half of AU's budget, *actual figure aint so sure about*. Back to Megrahis topic....

19. Ipyanah

Ipyanah Member

May 21, 2012

20. livefire

May 21, 2012
    The destruction of Libya and other “Rogue States” has served and is serving as akey objective of the Global Power Elite.For it carries a message to the whole world, eloquently warning and threatening every nation on Earth, saying “if we can do this to Libya; we can do this to any country we damn want to!”“You’re either with us or against us” runs the 9/11 Baby Bush Doctrine…
    Another pattern?Gaddafi was getting ready to introduce the Gold Dinar (a currency made of real gold and not just flimsy paper like the dollar and euro) to trade Libyan oil (Libya has the world’s ninth largest oil reserves, and the largest in Africa) and then – why not? – to trade African and Middle Eastern oil too… A direct attack on US dollar hegemony in the oil trade!
    Saddam Hussein did something similar when he decided to use the $1 billion “oil for food” allowed to Iraq under UN sanctions to trade in euros rather than dollars.That was in November 2002; if I remember correctly, old Saddam ran into some trouble in March 2003…
    Another pattern?Leaders in countries like Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Serbia have beenshortsighted on key geopolitical issues, so when the heat is on them they invariably find themselves alone in the crossfire; they forge no strategic alliances and so are left high and dry.
    As much as u may want to paint oil as the reason for the invasion, the West attacked libya for their own selfish reasons. To suppress upcoming economies and not for the oil. They cant loot that anyway.
    ‘The lessons of Libya: Chaos is no surprise’ — RT