Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Let him go please!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by BAK, Feb 16, 2009.

1. BAK

BAK JF-Expert Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Beckham reluctant to return to US
    By Jonathan Stevenson
    BBC Sport in Milan

Beckham came off in the Milan derby with an injury in the second half
    David Beckham says he would be reluctant to return to the LA Galaxy as he seeks to make permanent his loan spell with Serie A club AC Milan.

Galaxy are unhappy Milan failed to meet a Major League Soccer deadline over any move on Friday for the 33-year-old, who expects more negotiations this week.

"I've said I want to stay here and if I do go back then it will be a bit difficult," Beckham said on Sunday.

The midfielder was speaking after AC Milan's 2-1 defeat by Inter Milan.

606: DEBATE
    Give your thoughts on the Milan derby and Beckham's potential move to AC Milan
    "I'm a professional and if that's what I have to do I'll have to do it," added Beckham, whose loan spell with Milan ends on 8 March.

"There will more talks next week. I still want to stay and I have made that clear and hopefully we will get a decision soon, but it's out of my hands."

Beckham had to come off early in the second half of the Milan derby because of an injury to his right leg.

Galaxy have increasingly adopted a tougher negotiating stance and on Friday insisted Beckham must go back to Los Angeles after the Major League Soccer deadline passed.

Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory.

Highlights - Inter Milan 2-1 AC Milan
    Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani has dismissed Galaxy's stance as a "tactic", while the Serie A club's coach Carlo Ancelotti thinks a move is still possible.
    Beckham joined Milan on loan in an attempt to revive his international career after England head coach Fabio Capello said he needed to be playing more competitive football.

The England international, who equalled Bobby Moore's England record of 108 caps for an outfield player in last week's 2-0 defeat by Spain in Seville, has become a regular for Milan since his arrival in January.

However, with England set for nine internationals from the end of March until October, including six qualifiers for the 2010 World Cup, a return to the MLS could see Beckham left out of the national squad.

Milan, who have had a £5m bid for the 33-year-old rejected, have so far failed to meet the Galaxy's valuation, which is reportedly in excess of £10m.

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid star has settled in quickly at the San Siro, impressing both Ancelotti, his team-mates and rival managers with his professionalism and work ethic.

Sunday's defeat left AC Milan nine points behind Serie A leaders Inter.