Learning JavaScript?

kotinkarwak

JF-Expert Member
Aug 5, 2010
Here is a nice free resource in video format. Excellent for beginners.

appendTo Developer Learning Center | Map your Learning

While looking at the above, would also like to point you to wakanda.org, a fork of 4D.com a data driven application builder. If into web development and want to jump into web app development, this is a good tool to cut your teeth in.

I am learning this as well and will be posting my trials and tribulations....

Happy coding

one warning though on your way, JS OOP is nightmare. Else it is simple!

one warning though on your way, JS OOP is nightmare. Else it is simple!

Thanks HT,
Will take it slow, and hope OOP nightmare will be eased by the modern learning ways. I dispaired getting my head around OOP in another language (c++), that was when you did your reading from books, and no forums where you could pose questions and seek guidance. If you didn't have a clued up teacher on the subject, then it meant, you never got to understand the subject. I envy learners in this Internet age, beyond FaceBook, I think it is a great resource.

Read about e-governance in Tanzania on ippmedia.com today and wonder how far this has been implemented. I would assume, beyond static webpages that are run for various govt departments, there is need to learn web application development, that would realise such a dream, anyway that was my take on the content of that article, hence just want to know how to actually do it...

the problem with JS OO is that it is a bit different from other langs. Can you link the IPP article?

Back
Top Bottom