Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Learning class: Equity

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Elimu (Education Forum)' started by KAKA A TAIFA, Jul 18, 2012.

KAKA A TAIFA JF-Expert Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Term of the Day
    [h=1]equity[/h]Ownership interest in a corporation in the form of common stock or preferred stock. It also refers to total assets minus total liabilities, in which case it is also referred to as shareholder's equity or net worth or book value. In real estate, it is the difference between what a property is worth and what the owner owes against that property (i.e. the difference between the house value and the remaining mortgage or loan payments on a house). In the context of a futures trading account, it is the value of the securities in the account, assuming that the account is liquidated at the going price. In the context of a brokerage account, it is the net value of the account, i.e. the value of securities in the account less any margin requirements.
  2. Dio

Dio JF-Expert Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Thank you,you remind me about finance and B/keeping.enzi hizo mchakamchaka wa ukweli.