Learn english here at JamiiForums

Kipi kitanisaidia ili niweze kuzungumza hiyo lugha iliyokuja na ndege (kizungu)

No I'm not, but I like the language and I have been putting much efforts to learn the language. also help in one way or another those who are eager to learn the language.
Thank you very much. Some of us we really need your assistance. Ntazidi fuatilia masomo yako. Asante.

Mimi nna swali mfano unataka kumfundisha mtu english na mtu huyu hajui chochote kabisa kuhusu hii lugha, je unaanzia wapi?
Mimi nna swali mfano unataka kumfundisha mtu english na mtu huyu hajui chochote kabisa kuhusu hii lugha, je unaanzia wapi?
je anajua kusoma na kuandika? naomba nianzie hapo.

ENGLISH LESSON ONE

ARTICLE "a" and "an",

a and an are indefinite articles. Indefinite articles are articles which are used to describe non specific reference. They usually used to describe non specific noun or noun phrase, adjective, adverb, etc

WHEN TO USE "a" WHEN TO USE "an"
a is uses before a consonant sound.Consonants are sounds like P,B, M, N, G, K, L, V,D, R, W, T, S,
e.g a doctor, a mango, a tree, a lawyer, etc
Use an before a vowel sound. Vowel are sounds like A, E,I, O,U.
E.g an aeroplane, an elephant etc.

A or AN is used before a singular countable noun
E.g A man, A book, AN idea., AN orange
A/AN + modifier+ singular countable noun
E.g A beautiful teacher
AN Inteligent young teacher

THE MEANING AND USE OF a AND an
A/AN means any one of a kind or group. They are usually used to indicate non specific noun or noun phrase. They are contrast with THE which is definite article used to show specific noun or noun phrase anthing of that kind.

A/AN is used after a verb BE ( is, are, was, were, be, been, being) especially in naming a person's Job

E.g kashindi is A doctor
Ezron was an acountant

A/AN is used when something is mentioned for the first time.but always when the same thing is mentioned again use THE instead to indicate that you are refering to a specific thing which has already been mentioned before.
Eg. I saw A book on the Table. The book was about the history of Tanzania.
I read the story about AN alien. THE Alien which used to come to earth thousand of years ago.

A/AN means the same as ONE when it contrasts with TWO, THREE, FOUR etc
E.g. There were two mangoes, two pineapples, two lemons and A strawberry.
There were two teachers, three doctos, and AN engineer.

Tomorrow we will continue WORD CLASSES and our main area of concetration will be NOUNS

Questions are allowed.
Thanks,
A Linguist & Learned teacher
Kashindi.
congratulation for trying to teach others how to lean & speak English, but I think you should translate it in swahil in order to make easy to swahilian (waswahili) to lean it, ila hapo naona wataelewa wale wenye msingi wa kiingereza tu.

Mimi nina shida ya kuuliza swali moja kwa Kiingereza ila ninashindwa! Anayeweza kunisaidia ninaomba msaada wake. Swali lenyewe ninalielekeza kwa mzazi wangu (Baba).
swali lenyewe liko hivi:
"Hivi Baba, mimi ni mtoto wako wangapi? "
Naomba kuwasilisha.
Karibuni wadau.

mkuu "If I had ....." ni conditional clause type three kama sijapoteza kumbukumbu.
hii huelezea wish ambayo mtu alitamani aidanye lakini haikuweza. lakini ukiweka "had" mbili unamaanisha kwanza "had" ya kwanza ina express wish or desire, na ya pili inaonesha possessio.
mfano... if i had gone home, i would have told mama about you. ( kama ninge(had) enda nyumbani, ningemwambia mama habari zako.
...... if I had had a knife, i would have eaten the fruit ( kama ninge (had) kuwa na kisu (had2) ningelikula tunda.

so had had mbili, ya kwanza ina imdicate unfulfilled wish or desire na ya pili ni umfulfilled posession.
nawasilisha

Learned teacher.

Back
Top Bottom