Laurent Masha ahusishwa na kesi ya Muro!

Rungu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 23, 2007
Thursday August 18, 2011
Local News
Lawrence Masha implicated in Jerry Muro case

By JOYCE KABIGI, 18th August 2011

LAWRENCE Masha, the former Minister of Home Affairs, was on Thursday implicated in the corruption transaction case involving former TBC1's investigative journalist Jerry Muro.

Mr Muro, who started his defence at the Kisutu Resident Magistrate court in Dar es Salaam, told the court that Mr Masha was also involved.

He told the court that Mr Masha, then cabinet Minister, had gone to his office at the TBC1 headquarters with an envelope that contained three photographs showing him (Muro) entering the Sea Cliff hotel with two other people.

''He (Mr Masha) said strange things. He told me that I was finished. He said he was leaving the office and that I will not survive.

''Masha told me to call a press conference to deny that the police did not offend me something which was rejected by my boss Tido Mhando,'' Muro testified before the packed court.

Muro claimed that he was raided by unknown persons several times and that also he had received threats that he would be buried soon.

''Your honour I feel that I am in a grave now because I do not have a job.

''I was chased away from the place I was renting. I was deprived my right of education when I was admitted at Tumaini University simply because I am regarded as a criminal due to this case.

''I have nothing! My 4m/- reward that I was to get from the best journalist award has been withheld until I finish this case.

''My employer TBC1 has withdrawn all the allowances I used to receive during (Tido) Mhando's term,'' lamented Muro.

He insisted that the numerous investigative stories that he used to report were the reason for the raids and threats.

''Your honour, as an investigative reporter I usually report serious issues which touch many people in our government.

''For example, when I reported about the traffic policemen taking bribes from the truck drivers I landed into many problems that compelled me to take measures to protect myself.

''I purchased a pistol and handcuffs for self defence. However, when I got into this problem, I was reported that I possessed them illegally. I have receipts as evidence that they are mine legally,'' said Muro.

Muro denied to know the other two co-accused and that he saw them at the Central Police for the first time. He wondered why it was alleged that they were his accomplices.

''Your honour, I do not know the other accused, how could I conspire to commit such an offence with people whom I didn't know?

''I did not ask bribes from Michael Wage, firstly I did not know him until the day I was caught at the City Garden restaurant.

''At the time Wade was already removed from his office and therefore he had nothing to offer me.''

Magistrate Frank Mushi adjourned the case to September 27 this year for another defence hearing.

It is alleged that in January, last year, in Dar es Salaam the accused conspired with other unknown persons to commit an offence of corrupt transactions, contrary to Section 15(1) (a) of the Prevention and Combatting of Corruption Act, 2007.

He has been charged of corruption transaction with two other people, Deogratius Mgassa and Edmund Kapama.

It was alleged that on January 29, 2010, at Sea Cliff Hotel in the city, being employed by TBC as a reporter, he allegedly solicited 10m/- from former accountant with Bagamoyo District Council, Michael Wage Karoli.

Its a controversing case...! Lets hope justice wil be served...

Its a controversing case...! Lets hope justice wil be served...
Kama kweli Masha alihusika kama inavyodaiwa, basi inaonyesha ni vipi mfumo wa haki tz ulivyooza. I hope the defendant (in this case Muro) will have the courage to 'go tell it on the mountain', unless he himself is also implicated!

Maelezo mengine hayaingii akirini- kwamba waziri alimfuata mtuhumiwa ofisini kwake?, kumtolea vitisho?! Vya ushawishi?!, anyway kwa kuwa na Tirdo ametajwa kama shahidi tutaona utetezi wake ukiwa na nguvu. Lakini ktk maelezo yake yaonesha kuwa akiwa na fedha anaweza kushawishi- to think aloud.

Maelezo mengine hayaingii akirini- kwamba waziri alimfuata mtuhumiwa ofisini kwake?, kumtolea vitisho?! Vya ushawishi?!, anyway kwa kuwa na Tirdo ametajwa kama shahidi tutaona utetezi wake ukiwa na nguvu. Lakini ktk maelezo yake yaonesha kuwa akiwa na fedha anaweza kushawishi- to think aloud.
kwa masha hilo linawezekana kabisa..jamaa muhuni yule,..hakuwa material ya uwaziri yule....si unakumbuka alivyoingilia ishu ya uraia wa wenje kwa kutumia cheo chake...mshenzimshenzi tu huyu..

Muro alichukua demu wa Masha nini? Iweje Masha amfanyie hivyo Muro kwa kuripoti rushwa tu polisi? Just thinking aloud..

Muro alichukua demu wa Masha nini? Iweje Masha amfanyie hivyo Muro kwa kuripoti rushwa tu polisi? Just thinking aloud..

Si alikuwa bosi wa hao polisi. Bila shaka alikuwa anafaidi hizo rushwa.

TBC ina afisa mtendaje wake; haiwezekani Waziri aende TBC na kuingia ofisini kwa Afisa Mdogo badala ya Afisa Mtendaji. Hata kama kuna maelezo alitaka, huyo Afisa angeitwa kwenye ofisi ya afisa mtendaji na siyo waziri kumfuata.

Ujue nchi hi hakuna usawa wapo badhi ya viongoz wapo kwa jili ya kuwakandamiza wale wote wanaongilia masilah yao hakuna haki nchi hi.

Thursday August 18, 2011
Local News
Lawrence Masha implicated in Jerry Muro case

By JOYCE KABIGI, 18th August 2011

LAWRENCE Masha, the former Minister of Home Affairs, was on Thursday implicated in the corruption transaction case involving former TBC1's investigative journalist Jerry Muro.

Mr Muro, who started his defence at the Kisutu Resident Magistrate court in Dar es Salaam, told the court that Mr Masha was also involved.

He told the court that Mr Masha, then cabinet Minister, had gone to his office at the TBC1 headquarters with an envelope that contained three photographs showing him (Muro) entering the Sea Cliff hotel with two other people.

''He (Mr Masha) said strange things. He told me that I was finished. He said he was leaving the office and that I will not survive.

''Masha told me to call a press conference to deny that the police did not offend me something which was rejected by my boss Tido Mhando,'' Muro testified before the packed court.

Muro claimed that he was raided by unknown persons several times and that also he had received threats that he would be buried soon.

''Your honour I feel that I am in a grave now because I do not have a job.

''I was chased away from the place I was renting. I was deprived my right of education when I was admitted at Tumaini University simply because I am regarded as a criminal due to this case.

''I have nothing! My 4m/- reward that I was to get from the best journalist award has been withheld until I finish this case.

''My employer TBC1 has withdrawn all the allowances I used to receive during (Tido) Mhando's term,'' lamented Muro.

He insisted that the numerous investigative stories that he used to report were the reason for the raids and threats.

''Your honour, as an investigative reporter I usually report serious issues which touch many people in our government.

''For example, when I reported about the traffic policemen taking bribes from the truck drivers I landed into many problems that compelled me to take measures to protect myself.

''I purchased a pistol and handcuffs for self defence. However, when I got into this problem, I was reported that I possessed them illegally. I have receipts as evidence that they are mine legally,'' said Muro.

Muro denied to know the other two co-accused and that he saw them at the Central Police for the first time. He wondered why it was alleged that they were his accomplices.

''Your honour, I do not know the other accused, how could I conspire to commit such an offence with people whom I didn't know?

''I did not ask bribes from Michael Wage, firstly I did not know him until the day I was caught at the City Garden restaurant.

''At the time Wade was already removed from his office and therefore he had nothing to offer me.''

Magistrate Frank Mushi adjourned the case to September 27 this year for another defence hearing.

It is alleged that in January, last year, in Dar es Salaam the accused conspired with other unknown persons to commit an offence of corrupt transactions, contrary to Section 15(1) (a) of the Prevention and Combatting of Corruption Act, 2007.

He has been charged of corruption transaction with two other people, Deogratius Mgassa and Edmund Kapama.

It was alleged that on January 29, 2010, at Sea Cliff Hotel in the city, being employed by TBC as a reporter, he allegedly solicited 10m/- from former accountant with Bagamoyo District Council, Michael Wage Karoli.

Nimesoma utetezi wa rafiki yangu muro, nafikiri hajafunga ushahidi, bado anaendelea ila naendelea kumshauri kuwa ajikite zaidi kwenye ushahidi un aogusa zaidi kesi iliyo mbele yake. Nafikiri kuhusisha sana mambo yaliyonje na shitaka lililopo yanaweza yasimsaidie sana labda kama anaushahidi usiotia shaka. Kimsingi kesi yake si ngumu ki-hivyo kwani mazingira ya ukamataji yanamashaka sana kiasi ambacho Jerry nakushauri ujikite kupigilia msumari mazingira hayo ili kuifanya mahakama ipate mwanga mzuri wa sinema hiyo. Pole sana ila yatapita!!

Masha anaweza huyu waziri wa kushinda Rose Garden mida ya kazi na kuchukua dada zetu.

Muro haki inacheleweshwa tu lakini haizuiliwi kamwe. Tunajua una haki na Mungu atakutetea na utatoka mshindi. Ndo maana Tido alifukuzwa TBC1 pia, pole kwa shida na usumbufu mwingi, pole kwa kukosa kazi...kesi yako na ya babu Seya sawa tu

Back
Top Bottom