Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Kyela: Random rumblings from an outsider!

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Siasa' started by saidhorizons, Sep 17, 2009.

1. s

saidhorizons Member

Sep 17, 2009
    A clear picture is slowly begin to emerge in the unfolding political drama in the run-up to the Kyela elections! The battle that has pitted two unlikely political bedfellows against each other in an unofficially declared campaign for the Kyela seat in the upcoming 2010 Parliamentary elections is “hotting up”!. And, what I see is not a pretty and hopeful picture, unfortunately!

This rivalry can be billed as the battle between two sumos; in one corner, is the incumbent MP for Kyela, Dr Harrison Mwakyembe, and in the other corner is the young, dynamic and charismatic challenger George Mwakalinga. Unfortunately, what most of us expected to be the “thrilla in Kyela”, has not live up to its billing, at least not yet. Based on the bits and pieces of information received from Kyela, we can blame it all on the incumbent politician's supporters on the ground who decided from the get-go (with or without the incumbents permission) to do what political machines always do: muddy the water in order to distort and confuse so the rest of us remain clueless as to what is really transpiring on the ground.

What is transpiring on the ground, if you really want to know, is that George Mwakalinga's potential candidacy in the 2010 Parliamentary elections has galvanized Kyelans in record numbers, men and women, young and old, are all excited about the upcoming elections. Understandably that has become a great cause of concern to the incumbent camp. Kyelans have indicated in no uncertain terms that they want to see their representative in Majengoni place the Kyela development agenda at the top of his priority list. In other words, personal aspirations should take a back seat and make way for the greater good of Kyela development.

Kyelans, are by no means against a politician that is ambitious and has national aspirations, it's just that at this stage of their social-economic development they would prefer the development of Kyela and its residents to be at the top of the priority list, which I personally believe is not an unreasonable or outrageous demand. Fortunately for them (Kyelans), these demands are consistent with the platform that has been “unofficially” promoted in word and deeds by the young Mwakalinga (Kyelans know what it is, apparently, the rest of us will find out during the official campaign). This is what I am hearing from my contacts in Kyela, take it for what it is. For the rest of us, this explains why Mwakalinga's camp is slowly but surely gaining the upper hand in this epic battle for the hearts and minds of Kyela voters while the incumbent's political fortunes seem to be plummeting..

On the whole, I would argue Kyelans may have a valid point. The rest of us non-Kyelans can criticize all we want for looking at representation from their own narrow interests with what is arguably a selfish mindset. But there are other equally valid ways of dealing with this issue. It should be possible for example, for the incumbent MP to go run as a national candidate somewhere else, such as Ubungo or Kinondoni where his superstar status and national ambitions will be appreciated more by sophisticated voters in these constituencies. Surely, a man of his academic credentials and stature should be easily electable in Ubungo where his fame, combined with his national appeal would strike the right chord with a more culturally-diverse electorate. More importantly, it will be a win-win-win for the nation, Ubungo as well as Kyela.

Problem solved! Munasemaje wakuu?

2. S

S. S. Phares JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hivi huko Kyela kuna nini hasa...kwa huu uchaguzi wa mbunge unakuwa kana kwamba ndio uchaguzi wa Rais..!!!

3. Malafyale

Malafyale JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Welcome to JF new member Mr Said Horizon(Joined last month)!

4. Bob

Bob JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    At the best, another blah, blah. Tutawasikia wengi, this is just the beginning.

5. Teamo

Teamo JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    i just ain't get it as to why kyela is ''THAT MUCH POTENTIAL''

6. s

saidhorizons Member

Sep 17, 2009

Mlafyale,

Thank you for being so welcoming!

I am humbled and honored to be accepted as a member of this “prestigious” if not controversial forum. I am looking forward to being a regular contributor and at the same time learn from you and other seasoned veterans of this popular forum. I hope you haven't taken my “newness” as a negative because somehow in your otherwise welcoming message I detected an unusual stress on my “new-ness” and my joining last month!

Maybe I am just being paranoid (my lack of experience in JF protocol is beginning to show!). But now I understand as a veteran you were just taking the responsibility of introducing me to the rest of the JF gang as the new kid on the block, and for that, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude.

Saidhorizons

7. E

Engineer JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Shikamoo mzee Malafyale,

Mbona umekimbia Kyela bila kuaga? Vijiwe vinaendelea kama ulivyoviacha. Muhimu ni kama tulivyokubaliana kwamba tuijenge Kyela yetu kwa pamoja badala ya migogoro ya kila siku.

Kwasasa hapa pametulia sana na hakuna jipya.

8. B

ByaseL JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Indeed another blah, blah. I have been struggling to make head or tail of this story but wapi? What is wrong if Mwakyembe and his company are trying to forestall his oponent's candidature? Afterall this is what politics is all about, isn't it? Kwa nini ampishe mpinzani wake kirahisi? Hujasikia masimulizi ya Daudi na Goliath kwenye biblia?

9. Baba_Enock

Baba_Enock JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    MODS,

tunaomba wapiga kura wa KYELA uwafungulie THREAD maalum...

kila kukicha Kyela Kyela Kyela Kyela

wTF?

10. Elusive

Elusive JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    this is interesting, they are fighting for seats while the GENERAL ELECTION is a year away.

11. K

Kyala Gwamaka Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Wee Mods,
    Ujui Mwakyembe alijaza mamluki kibao humu ndio maana kila siku utasikia Kyela Kyela, anatafuta kura za huruma.
    Mimi nina king'amuzi, hawa mamluki wote wajiondoe humu.

12. Bluray

Bluray JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Said,

Due to some unfortunate peculiarities, specifically to do with issues of authenticity and reliability borne out of political machinations, the welcoming experience is rather cautious of unproven newcomers with neither track record nor pedigree.

Nothing personal at all.

13. Kaizer

Kaizer JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hivi wakulu Tanzania nzima inngekuwa kama Kyela huenda tungekuwa mbali? maan hii ligi ya Kyela utadhani ni PL?

14. Zak Malang

Zak Malang JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hivi ni asilimia ngapi za wapiga kura wa kyela wanasoma JF? Hebu kampeni zenu mzipeleke kule kule. Kufuatana na msimamo wa mwakyembe, huyo Mwakalinga ni lazima atasapotiwa na mafisadi na watetezi wao, kama vile akina Mulla,Mwakipesile, Makamba na RA (shemejie Mulla).

Picha itakuwa ni hiyo tu na si kitu cha Mwakalinga kujivunia sana. habari ndoo hiyo, atake asitake, kisha jinasa kwa mafisadi. AIBU!!!!!!

15. Lole Gwakisa

Lole Gwakisa JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009
    One would like to think that we have had about too much for the nascent Kyela-Mbeya axis politics.
    The grass roots politics in this axis are neither national nor representative of the whole Tanzanian scenario .
    We woild like to hear of the Singida or Nachingwea politics for a change!!

16. Bluray

Bluray JF-Expert Member

Sep 17, 2009

I beg to differ,

What we need is a heightened level of awareness nationwide, a vehement debate in each constituency.So let's not quieten Kyela, instead we should applaud it's passioned engagement and emulate it nationwide.

It is only through widespread grassroot involvement that democracy will be put to work.

17. O

Ogah JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2009
    aisee ulipotelea wapi ndugu?

18. Kipunguni

Kipunguni Senior Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Mkuu Kafiribangi, umevuta ngapi leo????!!!

19. S

S. S. Phares JF-Expert Member

Sep 18, 2009

Blueray,

Kuhamasiak huku kwa wana Kyela sioni kama kunawaletea manufaa.

Wanakosea sana wanapiga siasa muda wote; wana kyela sithani kama wana muda wa kufanya mambo mengine. Uchaguzi wa ubunge ni miezi 14 kuanzia sasa lakini wao wako busy kupigana vikumbo.

Halafu sio kwamba wanapigana vikumbo kuchagua wagombea wenye sera au vyama tofauti; hapana ni watu tofauti kutoka chama kimoja ambapo mshindi atakuja kuendeleza sera zile zile.!!!

Kwa nini hawajifunzi kutoka Tarime, Moshi Mjini, Rombo n.k.

20. M

Mkandara Verified User

Sep 18, 2009
    Jamani eeeh,
    Haya na mimi nafikiria kwenda Ukerewe kugombea Ubunge mnasemaje? kitu kimoja tu sijui itakuwa baina yangu na Mama Mongela au Mzee Msekwa!..Wapambe vipi, nianzie wapi?