Know something about joint pain (Arthritis)

njiwa

JF-Expert Member
Apr 16, 2009
Ni topic Moja Ndefu Nitajitahidi kuifupisha na kuiweka wazi ili kili mtu apate kuelewa -

what is it ..?

Arthritis is inflammation (kuvimba) of one or more joints, which results in pain, swelling, stiffness (ugumu ) , and limited movement. There are over 100 different types of arthritis.

Pia yajulika kwa jina la Joint inflammation .

how does it happen (mechanism behind)

katika kila joint kuna kitu kinaitwa cartilage angalia hii picha hapa chini

articular-cartilage-diagram.jpg

sasa huu ugonjwa wa Arthritis una involves the breakdown of cartilage. kumbuka kwamba Cartilage normally protects the joint, allowing for smooth movement. Na pia ina act as a shock absorber when pressure is placed on the joint, like when you walk.

kwa hiyo without the usual amount of cartilage, the bones rub together, causing pain, swelling (inflammation), and stiffness.

kuna vitu vingi vyenye kusababisha joit pain na kuvimba mfano-

- An autoimmune disease (the body attacks itself because the immune system( askari wa mwili for more about this rejea topic yangu about allergy ) believes a body part is foreign

- Broken bone

- General "wear and tear" on joints

- Infection (usually caused by bacteria or viruses)

Nilizozitaja hapo juu often, the inflammation (uvimbe) goes away after the injury has healed, the disease is treated, or the infection has been cleared.

hata hivo with some injuries and diseases, the inflammation does not go away or destruction results in long-term pain and deformity. When this happens, you have chronic arthritis.

Osteoarthritis (SIJUI KISWAHILI CHAKE) is the most common type and is more likely to occur as you age. You may feel it in any of your joints, but most commonly in your hips, knees or fingers.

Risk factors for osteoarthritis include

- Being overweight

- Previously injuring the affected joint

- Using the affected joint in a repetitive action that puts stress on the joint

mtu yeyote mume/mke/mtoto/mkubwa anaweza akapata osteoarthritis

kuna aina nyingi za Arthritis baadhi ni kama -

- Adult Still's disease ( a rare illness marked by high fevers, rash, and joint pain. It may lead to long-term (chronic) arthritis It is more commonly called adult-onset Still's disease (AOSD). Yawapata watu wenye umri mkubwa watoto hawapo kwenye risk nikipata nafasi i will write something about this.

- Ankylosing spondylitis (is a long-term disease that causes inflammation of the joints between the spinal bones "mifupa ya uti wa mgongo" , and the joints between the spine and pelvis . wakati mwengine it eventually causes the affected spinal bones to join together.

- Fungal infections such as blastomycosis

- Gonococcal arthritis ( inflammation of a joint "usually just one" due to a gonorrhea infection)

- Gout ( it is an acute sudenly happen happen inflamation most commonly affects the big toe (dole gumba) , but may also affect the heel, ankle, hand, wrist, or elbow.

- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis - joint pain and swelling in childrean

- bacterial infections (nongonococcal bacterial arthritis)

- Psoriatic arthritis ( Arthitis involeves Psoriasis)
*** Psoriasis something to do with ngozi i might define it as skin condition that causes skin redness and irritation

- Reactive arthritis (Reiter syndrome) - group of inflammatory conditions that involves the joints, urethra, and eyes. There may also be sores (lesions) on the skin and mucus membranes.

- Rheumatoid arthritis (in adults)

- Scleroderma - a widespread connective tissue disease that involves changes in the skin, blood vessels, muscles, and internal organs.

- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) - is a chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disorder. It may affect the skin, joints, kidneys, and other organs.

- Tertiary Lyme disease - hii ni late stage of an inflammatory disease caused by Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria. It is also called Stage 3, or tertiary, Lyme disease.

- Tuberculous arthritis

- Viral arthritis

Dalili (symptoms) - kama una arthritis u may experience one of these

1) Joint Pain

2) Joint swelling

3) Reduced ability to move the joint

4) Redness of the skin around a joint

5) Stiffness, especially in the morning (wengi hushindwa kukunja ngumu asubuhi ama akikunja basi si tight kama kawaida)

6) Warmth around a joint (joto eneo la joint)

Treatment -

Depends on the particular cause, which joints are affected, severity, and how the condition affects your daily activities. Your age and occupation will also be taken into consideration when your doctor works with you to create a treatment plan.

If possible, treatment will focus on eliminating the underlying cause of the arthritis. However, the cause is NOT necessarily curable, as with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Treatment, therefore, aims at reducing your pain and discomfort and preventing further disability.

It is possible to greatly improve your symptoms from osteoarthritis and other long-term types of arthritis without medications. In fact, ni muhimu making lifestyle changes without medications is preferable for osteoarthritis and other forms of joint inflammation.

Exercise for arthritis is necessary to maintain healthy joints, relieve stiffness, reduce pain and fatigue, and improve muscle and bone strength. Your exercise program should be tailored to you as an individual. Work with a physical therapist to design an individualized program, which should include:

- Low-impact aerobic activity (also called endurance exercise)

- Range of motion exercises for flexibility

- Strength training for muscle tone

Rest is just as important as exercise. Sleeping 8 to 10 hours per night and taking naps during the day can help you recover from a flare-up more quickly and may even help prevent exacerbations. You should also-

- Avoid holding one position for too long.

- Avoid positions or movements that place extra stress on your affected joints.

- Modify your home to make activities easier. For example, shika fimbo au ukuta wakati ukikoga "support your self" , Kama kuna choo cha karibu ni bora kuliko kwenda kutumia choo kilicho mbali na wewe

- Reduce stress

>>> Other measures to try include -

- capsaicin cream to the skin over your painful joints. You may feel improvement after applying the cream for 3-7 days. capssaicin is a pain reliever. It is used to treat pain in muscles or joints.

- Eat a diet rich in vitamins and minerals, especially antioxidants like vitamin E. These are found in fruits and vegetables. Get selenium from Brewer's yeast, wheat germ, garlic, whole grains, sunflower seeds, and Brazil nuts. Get omega-3 fatty acids from cold water fish (like salmon, mackerel, and herring), flaxseed, rapeseed (canola) oil, soybeans, soybean oil, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts.

- Taking glucosamine and chondroitin -- these form the building blocks of cartilage, the substance that lines joints. These supplements are available at health food stores or supermarkets. While some studies show such supplements may reduce osteoarthritis symptoms, others show no benefit. However, since these products are regarded as safe, they are reasonable to try and many patients find their symptoms improve.

MEDICATIONS

Hii ni choice ya dactari wako atakuchagulia kutokana na your current illness he might choose from a variety of medications as needed.

Dawa unaweza kutumia without a prescription ni - Acetaminophen (Tylenol) , Aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen ,

na hizi zifuatavyo zinahitaji prescription kutoka kwa dactari wako - Biologics , Corticosteroids , Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors , Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs , Immunosuppressants { usitumie hizi dawa bila kumuona dactari side eefects yake ni kubwa sana }

mwisho ikishindikana kabisa surgery is the only final option - surgery to rebuild the joint (arthroplasty) or to replace the joint (such as a total knee joint replacement) may help maintain a more normal lifestyle. The decision to perform joint replacement surgery is normally made when other alternatives, such as lifestyle changes and medications, are no longer effective.

AFYA NI JUKUMU LAKO WEWE MWENYEWE

peace out

AFYA NI JUKUMU LAKO WEWE MWENYEWE

peace out

Thank you so much for this and I think you are a doctor. My Aunt who is in her late 20's has got this problems. She cant move and I have come to understand it now as you have described. "Doctors" said, the problems are caused by ACID in her body!!!!. I can't buy their explanation after reading this useful article, Thank you.

Also some people say that Gout is caused by eating goat meat , Is it true?

On my Aunt, where can I get these medicines? I am asking because nowadays there are so many fake drugs - Zimechakachuliwa, Thanks

I am in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania

[h=3]DefinitionRheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a long-term disease that leads to inflammation of the joints and surrounding tissues. It can also affect other organs.
SymptomsThe disease usually begins gradually with:
  • Fatigue
  • Loss of appetite
  • Morning stiffness (lasting more than 1 hour)
  • Widespread muscle aches
  • Weakness
Eventually, joint pain appears. When the joint is not used for a while, it can become warm, tender, and stiff. When the lining of the joint becomes inflamed, it gives off more fluid and the joint becomes swollen. Joint pain is often felt on both sides of the body, and may affect the fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, toes, and neck.
Additional symptoms include:
Joint destruction may occur within 1-2 years after the appearance of the disease.Pain
Pain is a universal human experience. The International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) defines pain as "an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage or described in terms of such damage.Knee Pain
Knee pain usually results from overuse, poor form during physical activity, not warming up or cooling down, or inadequate stretching. Simple causes of knee pain often clear up on their own with self care. Being overweight can put you at greater .Joint Pain
Joint pain can affect one or more joints. See also: Arthritis (inflammation of joints; Bursitis; Muscle pain.INGAWA SEHEMU KUBWA YA UGONJWA HUU HUSHAMBULIA ZAIDI WATU WENYE UMRI MKUBWA .KUANZIA MIAKA 45 KUENDELEA, AKINA MAMA WANASHAMBULIWA ZAIDI HASA AMBAO WAMESHAPATA WATOTO ZAIDI YA MARA MBILI KUENDELEA ,HII INASABABISHA KUPOTEZA MADINI MENGI YA CALCIUM MWILINI,UZITO WA MWILI NA UDHAIFU WA LISHE BORA PIA,KUPUNGUA/UKOSEFU WA AINA YA CARTILAGE INAYOHUSIKA KUTOA AINA YA UTE UNAOLAINISHA MAKUTANO YA MIFUPA PIA.KWISHA KWA CARTILAGE NA UPUNGUFU WA MADINI YA CALCIUM KUNAFANYA MIFUPA KAMA VILE KUGANDANA MITHILI YA KUUNGANA HII PIA INAABABISHA MAUMIVU MAKALI SANA.ZIPO SABABU NYINGI KWA UCHACHE TUANZIE HAPO

[/h]

Thank you so much for this and I think you are a doctor. My Aunt who is in her late 20's has got this problems. She cant move and I have come to understand it now as you have described. "Doctors" said, the problems are caused by ACID in her body!!!!. I can't buy their explanation after reading this useful article, Thank you.

Also some people say that Gout is caused by eating goat meat , Is it true?

On my Aunt, where can I get these medicines? I am asking because nowadays there are so many fake drugs - Zimechakachuliwa, Thanks

I am in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania

yeh iam a doctor now nimeanza mbio za residency on urology ...

ni kweli level of uric acid in the body ikiwa high inasababisha gout. Gout ni moja katika ya aina za arthritis, so symptoms zake zitakuwa same kama nilizoelezea hapo juu.

nikuweke wazi na tatizo la ndugu yako let me tell you something about GOUT! ....

Uric Acid ni waste products that results from the body's normal process of cells dying. Kwa kawaida Uric Acid inapotea mwili kwa kuwa dissolved na Damu mwilini na nyingine kutoka kwa njia ya mkojo.

When too much uric acid is produced, or the kidneys are unable to eliminate an adequate amount of uric acid, it may lead to a condition known as hyperuricemia (sijui kiswahili chake but inamaanisha uric acid ni nyingi kupita kiasi) Hyperuricemia is a precursor to gout. Ingawa sio mara zote Hyperuricemia inasababisha gout.

lakini kwa kesi yako shes only on the late 20`s mara nyingi gout kwa wanawake inawatokea after menopause, but gout pia huwa ni hereditary inawezekana amerithi.

Na si kweli kwamba gout inasabishwa na kula nyama ya mbuzi .

For the treatment i will recomend aina mbili za dawa -

1) Medications that treat acute attacks are aimed at reducing pain and swelling, and may include like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Colchicine, Oral Glucocorticosteriods and Adrenocorticotropic Hormone (ACTH)

2) Medications to lower uric acid levels and prevent future attacks may include Probenecid and Allopurinol kumbuka It is important not to start or stop use of these medications during an attack.

But nakushauri check with your physician to determine the best treatment options sometimes treatment to be effectively inahitaji time...

kwa Tanzania sijui utazipata wapi maana ni kitambo nimeondoka huko maybe you should ask around ...

P.S gout Risk factor yake kubwa ni over weight .. life style adjustment ni muhimu ili akipona kusitokee re occurrence

ugua pole

Hi njiwa, Thank you so much for this big information. But still i have some doubt, if you can then please answer these
1. How is joint pain related to skin problem.
2. what are the main gradients available in Cartilage.

Thanks
leo

nashukuru sana ndugu kwa maelezo mazuri! Mama yangu amekua akiumwa maumivu makali kwenye maungio ya kiuno na paja kwa mda wa miaka 18 sasa, maumivu ambaya uuma na kutuli kwa mda fula ambayo yamepelekea mguu wake kuwa mzito,siku4 zilizopita amelazimika kuchoma sindano ya powersef, panado, christapain, na amepata nafuu kidogo ila halihiyo hujirudia tena,jeanaweza tumia dawa gani? Je tatizo hililinafana na uliloelekeza hapo juu,nisaidieni jamani kwa anatumia gongo kutembea.

nashukuru sana ndugu kwa maelezo mazuri! Mama yangu amekua akiumwa maumivu makali kwenye maungio ya kiuno na paja kwa mda wa miaka 18 sasa, maumivu ambaya uuma na kutuli kwa mda fula ambayo yamepelekea mguu wake kuwa mzito,siku4 zilizopita amelazimika kuchoma sindano ya powersef, panado, christapain, na amepata nafuu kidogo ila halihiyo hujirudia tena,jeanaweza tumia dawa gani? Je tatizo hililinafana na uliloelekeza hapo juu,nisaidieni jamani kwa anatumia gongo kutembea.

Muiteni njiwa kwa kum-quote maana thread ya zamani hii na yeye hajui kinachoendelea...
njiwa njoo umalizie darasa huku....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom