Kikwete to USA (May 2009)

Hii ndizo sababu alizozitoa Rais Kikwete kuhusu safari zake: [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]"Our local businessmen cannot reach other executive areas on their own without the President’s presence. During my visit to the US, we had a luncheon with NASDAQ officials, who later held talks with Tanzanian businesspersons. Under normal circumstances, the NASDAQ president, whose stock exchange volume stands at USD7.1 trillion, cannot meet a person of the stature of TCCIA president Elvis Musiba. But because I was there, the NASDAQ president personally attended that event...When I visited Tiffany, a big jewelers company turning out billions of dollars, its officials were in some other place and had to be summoned to meet Tanzanian [T]anzanite dealers...This is how they could meet; because I was there otherwise it would have been difficult for local Tanzanite dealers to meet their US counterparts... [/FONT][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]It is after I had talks with the NASDAQ president that we now have the US Tanzania Business Association where businessmen from the two countries can meet. I visited New York Stock Exchange, whose business volume is USD22.8 trillion, where we were given the honour to open the day’s business. It is because I was there on that day that we were given that honour...Do you think Jonathan Njau [Head of Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange] can meet those guys up there on his own? (laughter). People should not just simplify these things” - President Jakaya Kikwete quoted by The Guardian in December 2006 [/FONT]

Oh... So he visited NYSE and met NASDAQ head, as well as opening the NYSE's day business. So what??????

Just trying to justify those costly trips. Teh teh teh!

..haya mazungumzo inaelekea yalikuwa very informal. hata setting ya mazungumzo yenyewe inaelekeza hivyo.

..nilitarajia kuona ujumbe wa Kikwete na ujumbe wa Obama wamekaa mezani wakijadiliana. hivyo ndivyo inavyokuwa kwa Maraisi wanaotembelea USA kwa ziara za kikazi.

..sijapenda kabisa jinsi Raisi wetu alivyobeba makaratasi katika mazungumzo ambayo hutakiwi kuwa na makaratasi.

..kwanza, namlaumu Raisi kwa kutolijua hilo kwasababu ametembea sana, na alisha-serve kama waziri wa mambo ya kwa miaka 10. pili, nawalaumu washauri wa Raisi kwa kutomkataza Raisi kubeba makaratasi yale.

Mbona rais anaonekana na karatasi kama hotuba vile? alikuwa anamhutubia Obama au? Pia hata aliposimama na Hilary anaonekana na hayo madesa. Hapa naona kuna mapungu, ina maana rais alikuwa hawezi kusema aliyohitaji kuongea na mwenyeji wake?

Readout on President Obama's Meeting with President Kikwete of Tanzania

The President and President Kikwete met this afternoon and had a valuable discussion on a range of issues. President Obama expressed his appreciation for the close bilateral relationship the United States shares with Tanzania. President Kikwete and the President exchanged views on approaches to enhancing the U.S.–Tanzanian partnership, improving development policy in the fields of health, education, and agriculture, and working with other partners in the region to solve some of the most pressing conflicts on the African continent. President Obama and President Kikwete expressed a desire to work together to solve common problems in the future. This was the first African Head of State to visit President Obama at the White House.

He broke the record as the First African President to Meet Obama labda ndo alichokuwa anasaka huko. Who knows!

Source: The White House - Press Office - Readout on President Obama's Meeting with President Kikwete of Tanzania

Remarks With Tanzanian President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete Before Their Meeting

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Secretary of State

Treaty Room

Washington, DC

May 21, 2009

SECRETARY CLINTON:
This is a particular pleasure and honor for me to welcome the President here. We will be having a working meeting, and then he will be meeting with President Obama in the Oval Office. But Tanzania is a country that has made so much progress and has an extraordinary potential that we wish to partner with and assist in every way possible.

I myself have had a wonderful visit to your country, Mr. President. And I am delighted that I am the Secretary of State at this moment and have this chance to commit our efforts to working closely with you and to commend you on your leadership.

PRESIDENT KIKWETE: Madame Secretary, I thank you for the opportunity to meet. I thank you for – I thank President Obama for the invitation. Well, I’m here to reaffirm our commitment for continued cooperation and friendship. We have excellent relations on a political level, a bilateral level. We see eye-to-eye on many international issues. We work together at the multilateral level. I’m here to give you that assurance for continued cooperation efforts.

SECRETARY CLINTON: Thank you, sir.

PRESIDENT KIKWETE: Thank you.

SECRETARY CLINTON: Welcome, Mr. President. Thank you all very much.

QUESTION: Madame Secretary, should Sri Lanka get an IMF loan (inaudible)? Has your thinking changed (inaudible)?

SECRETARY CLINTON: We’re working with the Sri Lankan Government. I spoke with the president earlier today, and we discussed a number of the efforts that his government wanted to take, as well as the international community, to assist Sri Lanka in the work that lies ahead that is very important for the healing and reconciliation in the nation. And I’ve pledged our support, and we’ll continue to follow closely what is happening there.

Thank you.

# # #

PRN: 2009/493

Source:http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2009a/05/123779.htm

..hivi a PHONE CALL haingeweza ku-accomplish hicho walichopata kwa ziara hii?

..hata Press Secretary wa Obama alishindwa kabisa kueleza Kikwete anafanya nini White House.

..kama kweli kungekuwa na jambo zito la maana ktk mkutano wao lazima Kikwete na Obama wangekuwa na joint press conference baada ya mazungumzo yao.

NB:

..halafu zingatia kwamba hawatumii neno INVITATION.

Dear community members,

First of all I say hi! to everybody.

Since I heard the news that our loved president has an official visit to the US, I was very much interested to know the content of the visit that included visiting one to two universities and meeting President Obama.

Question: What benefits to Tanzanians are expecting from the president's visit? When he will sit down and come up with strategies that Tanzania could be self sustainable instead of depending on donations from developed countries?

muungwana alienda studi kurekodi jingle nini?
attachment.php

studio za Sony Picures
attachment.php

atakuwa karudi na track mpya za akina weezey na movie mpya ya james bond......hongera sana

Attachments

• jkstudio.jpg
    jkstudio.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 59
  • jksttudio.jpg
    jksttudio.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 57
0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom