Kigali amont impressive future cities !

emalau

JF-Expert Member
Apr 25, 2009
Western media have the reputation of demonizing Africa in every aspect. in most instances they portray Africa as a continent entangled with famine, disease and civil war, but yesterday while watching CNN international i came across something fascinating, they showed how Kigali is increasingly becoming impressive in terms of landscape and city arrangement and therefore featured among future cities.

I was envy because when i think of Rwanda- the country struggling to make its citizen forget about the genocide has managed to make their capital city attract even a prominent media like CNN to appreciating the endeavor made by the leaders of that small country.

My own impression is that Rwanda is being governed by leaders while Tanzania is governed by politicians, and from now onwards i'm beginning to believe what the former IMF chief Paul Wolfowitz said, he said that Africa is not badly governed because it is poor rather it is poor because it is badly governed. It is my own conviction that Africa is capable of doing big things if we give chances to leaders like Kagame instead of mere politicians

Take for instance our country has an enormous opportunity but how to grab it no body knows. Arusha has been chosen to be the headquarter of East Africa, in other words it is the capital city of East Africa. My own observation is that our government have no strategic plan of making Arusha look like the capital of East Africa, this is due to myopic kind of leadership we have. This manifested during Former president visited Arusha, govt officials arranged people around Ngarenaro area so that they could obscure George Bush from seeing the slums along Ngarenaro. It is beyond doubt that it was absolutely ridiculous.

If Kigali or Rwanda at large comes with the proposal to make Kigali the capital of East Africa instead of Arusha i think i will have no objection due to what i witnessed on CNN !!!!

Western media have the reputation of demonizing Africa in every aspect. in most instances they portray Africa as a continent entangled with famine, disease and civil war, but yesterday while watching CNN international i came across something fascinating, they showed how Kigali is increasingly becoming impressive in terms of landscape and city arrangement and therefore featured among future cities.

I was envy because when i think of Rwanda- the country struggling to make its citizen forget about the genocide has managed to make their capital city attract even a prominent media like CNN to appreciating the endeavor made by the leaders of that small country.

My own impression is that Rwanda is being governed by leaders while Tanzania is governed by politicians, and from now onwards i'm beginning to believe what the former IMF chief Paul Wolfowitz said, he said that Africa is not badly governed because it is poor rather it is poor because it is badly governed. It is my own conviction that Africa is capable of doing big things if we give chances to leaders like Kagame instead of mere politicians

Take for instance our country has an enormous opportunity but how to grab it no body knows. Arusha has been chosen to be the headquarter of East Africa, in other words it is the capital city of East Africa. My own observation is that our government have no strategic plan of making Arusha look like the capital of East Africa, this is due to myopic kind of leadership we have. This manifested during Former president visited Arusha, govt officials arranged people around Ngarenaro area so that they could obscure George Bush from seeing the slums along Ngarenaro. It is beyond doubt that it was absolutely ridiculous.

If Kigali or Rwanda at large comes with the proposal to make Kigali the capital of East Africa instead of Arusha i think i will have no objection due to what i witnessed on CNN !!!!

Have you considered other parameters as well.? Rwanda can explode at any time owing to political uncertainties. I wish them well though so that our Mafisadi government can borrow a leaf! Will they? Ukichanganya hela ya Mwembeyanga 11 and their accomplices, iliyowekezwa nje na ndani, it can build 2 Kigalis!

our politicians dont ve leadership skills at all!they re just working on emergency issues as where they can get corruption

Back
Top Bottom