Kibaki turns down S.A bid for AU top job

Kabaridi

JF-Expert Member
Nov 15, 2011
AFR01KENYAKIBAKI102003.jpg

President Kibaki has turned down a request from South Africa to support its candidate Dlamini Zuma for the chairperson post at the African Union (AU) commission. The President said South Africa's ambition for the AU top job clashes with Kenya's own interest to have Erastus Mwencha for the post Deputy Chairperson.

The African Union's leadership operates on the principle that both the chairman and his deputy cannot come from Anglophone countries.

South Africa and Kenya are Anglophone states.

President Kibaki met with the South African delegation on Wednesday.

"The President made it clear to the South African delegation that Kenya has a candidate who is seeking to become the deputy chairperson," said Kenya's Foreign Affairs Assistant Minister Richard Onyoka.

"It is nearly impossible for Kenya to vote for South Africa because Anglophone states will need one of the seats.

"There was an ad-hoc committee formed to work out the matter. South Africa was told to wait for the committee's report."

Source Kibaki turns down S.A bid for AU top job*- Africa*|nation.co.ke

Wenzangu this a very good post, tuangalie na tujadiliane jinsi wakuu katika jumuia ya SADC wanalaumiwa kwa kukaa na kutazama vitu vikisamabartika AFRIKA. Rais Mwai Kibaki ametofautiana nao kuhusu kuwapigia upato SA kwa wadhifa wa Uwenyekiti katika AU. Kuna mwengi ya kulimbikizia hawa magwiji wa SADC.

kenya must destroy south africa to have any dream of ruling the entire southern africa that is the hope of all kenyans. with our oil i think we will accomplish our dream in future

kenya must destroy south africa to have any dream of ruling the entire southern africa that is the hope of all kenyans. with our oil i think we will accomplish ur dream in future

That day will come soon because of the way Kenyas have been Maneuvering in the internatuional arena and in their quest to outshine SA...by 2015 I guess. Kenya has all it takes to make that happen especially now with the discovery of the oil at the back yard.

Kenya knows how to capitilize on opportunities round about and has already captured Southern Sudan as the emerging business partner

i can see kenyans are in dreamland...keep dreaming fellows...Libya and Nigeria have so much oil and yet they cant even rule properly their own countries...You kenyans are dreaming of ruling the entire southern africa...:biggrin1::biggrin1: you guys are so funny...its always nice to dream tho!!

That day will come soon because of the way Kenyas have been Maneuvering in the internatuional arena and in their quest to outshine SA...by 2015 I guess. Kenya has all it takes to make that happen especially now with the discovery of the oil at the back yard.

not by 2015, the Boers are the ones keeping south africa alive without them its just a shell. the zulus xhosas are busy dying of AIDS and soon boers tired of being under nyeusi are set to revolt. in all, SA is a powder keg ,Kenya just need to put it act together after this elections and if Kenya emerges intact, we will colonize the whole of SADC. i remember one mzee who used to telll me kenya will never be a full African superpower unless we destroy south africa just like Germany knew it will never be a superpower unless it destroyed ussr

i can see kenyans are in dreamland...keep dreaming fellows...Libya and Nigeria have so much oil and yet they cant even rule properly their own countries...You kenyans are dreaming of ruling the entire southern africa...:biggrin1::biggrin1: you guys are so funny...its always nice to dream tho!!

We have blind men in Afrika or is it ignorance? I have a question, who destroyed libya?

these **** are so pompous, a country with its part of population starving dreaming to rule SADC, you are your own undoing! pumbavu kabisa! but those of you who 'work' here in TZ don't dare to say such stupid things....you are always submissive!!!!!!, you teach our kids English for a peanut enough just for chapati and chai ya rangi, expatriates! we own schools, you teach english and later we won't need you, you will be shown a door!

The truth of the matter is it does not matter how people die whether through hunger in horn of Africa or via severe HIV infections in the southern african region. PPLe are still dying. SADC is under AU and kenya will take over reigns at AU deputy charimanship

Guys! I think the discussion here has turned into something else. Whoever started the thread wanted us to know how Kenyan leadership galvanise to support its people. Nonetheless, wouldnt regional interests come first when it comes to issues that demand serious attention. I guess that must be based on merits. The question would be....(for Tanzania and Uganda) - are we supporting SA or Kenya? Then what are the gaining as Tanzanians, and where should our concentration be? (SADC, EAC or AU). If such questions are answered, then we can go back to the discussion whether Kenyan/SA will rule Africa of SSA or EA!

Guys! I think the discussion here has turned into something else. Whoever started the thread wanted us to know how Kenyan leadership galvanise to support its people. Nonetheless, wouldnt regional interests come first when it comes to issues that demand serious attention. I guess that must be based on merits. The question would be....(for Tanzania and Uganda) - are we supporting SA or Kenya? Then what are the gaining as Tanzanians, and where should our concentration be? (SADC, EAC or AU). If such questions are answered, then we can go back to the discussion whether Kenyan/SA will rule Africa of SSA or EA!
BUBE,

Thanks for coming through, you know the original plan for this was to discuss how SA is watching as Africa fragments. Then the question was, what is the role of SA leading power in Africa, if Organizations from europe can meddle in African sovereign states. Tayari Mbeki/mjumbe wa amani ameshindwa kuleta suluhisho kati ya S.Sudan na Sudan/karthoum. Kofi Annan after six months of debating hapo syria, tunaona some chance for ceasfire.

these ****are so pompous, a country with its part of population starving dreaming to rule SADC, you are your own undoing! pumbavu kabisa! but those of you who 'work' here in TZ don't dare to say such stupid things....you are always submissive!!!!!!, you teach our kids English for a peanut enough just for chapati and chai ya rangi, expatriates! we own schools, you teach english and later we won't need you, you will be shown a door!

hehehehehe brother calm down i can see your veins popping out na macho ya kiningia. its good if we are teaching you english but if what you are writing here is what a kenyan teacher taught you by caning your thick head possibly you are a failure. and why learn english and you always claim swahili is the best? anyway kenya rules even that serengeti beer you have as avatar is owned by kenyans!!!! shocking??? Yes EABL we own serengeti brewery. now off you go son remember each serengeti you drink adds to the kenyan economy. and apart from teachers all senior and middle jobs in tanzania private sector are occupied by kenyans. soon hata serikali yenu tutaimiliki hivi karibuni

hehehehehe brother calm down i can see your veins popping out na macho ya kiningia. its good if we are teaching you english but if what you are writing here is what a kenyan teacher taught you by caning your thick head possibly you are a failure. and why learn english and you always claim swahili is the best? anyway kenya rules even that serengeti beer you have as avatar is owned by kenyans!!!! shocking??? Yes EABL we own serengeti brewery. now off you go son remember each serengeti you drink adds to the kenyan economy. and apart from teachers all senior and middle jobs in tanzania private sector are occupied by kenyans. soon hata serikali yenu tutaimiliki hivi karibuni

Is Diageo a kenyan co, unilever, and all other mutinationals having offices in kenya, i wouldn't be proud of barrick, coz am not such a dumbass! unapenda league nyang'au wewe? and you mean SBL isn't paying taxes in TZ kichwa maji wewe? sipendi ubishi wa kijinga, nyang'au is a canine!

Kabaridi! That is a VERY WEAK argument---I mean your conclusion based on Mbeki's intervention in Sudan saga! You see, mediators like Mbeki might not be the best person, if at first hand they are not accepted by parties involved in conflict! Moreover, you can not compare Sudan conflict with Syria because the two countries have different history and different contexts. What I critically important here is the whether the guys given responsibilities, particularly as regional reps have regional focus or national focus!!!! If we got a Kenya expert in the regional office (wearing a regional hat) we should expect him/her to be impartial in all of her dealings regardless the issue is from her own country or not! Therefore, sijaipenda argument ya Kibaki (kama ni kumchagua Mkenya anapeleka interest za Kenya...maana atatuuza sisi tulio kwenye EAC...otherwise, Mh Kibaki angemwambia mwakilishi wa SA kuwa our candidate is better off based on such as such merits. Nothing less nothing more! It is a regional position not a national position!

[URL="https://www.jamiiforums.com/member.php?u=31216"]BUBE[/URL],

Thanks for coming through, you know the original plan for this was to discuss how SA is watching as Africa fragments. Then the question was, what is the role a a leading power in Africa, if Organizations from europe can meddle in african politics. Tayari Mbeki/mjumbe wa amani ameshindwa kuleta suluhisho kati ya S.Sudan na Sudan/karthoum. Kofi Annan after six months of debating hapo syria, tunaona some chance for ceasfire. This people SA are weak!

Is Diageo a kenyan co, unilever, and all other mutinationals having offices in kenya, i wouldn't be proud of barrick, coz am not such a dumbass! unapenda league nyang'au wewe? and you mean SBL isn't paying taxes in TZ kichwa maji wewe? sipendi ubishi wa kijinga, nyang'au is a canine!

another proud class 7 graduate. since diageo owns 51 percent of EABL tell me who owns the rest 49 percent?

Naona wengi wenu are laking credible information munaongea kana kwamba serengeti haijanunuliwa na Diageo London headquarters which owns 50.03 per cent of the brewer of EABL. The brewing giant accumulated new acquisitions including the purchase of a 51 per cent of Tanzania's Serengeti Breweries Limited for Sh4.9 billion.

Source http://allafrica.com/stories/201201190250.html

Kabaridi! That is a VERY WEAK argument---I mean your conclusion based on Mbeki's intervention in Sudan saga! You see, mediators like Mbeki might not be the best person, if at first hand they are not accepted by parties involved in conflict! Moreover, you can not compare Sudan conflict with Syria because the two countries have different history and different contexts. What I critically important here is the whether the guys given responsibilities, particularly as regional reps have regional focus or national focus!!!! If we got a Kenya expert in the regional office (wearing a regional hat) we should expect him/her to be impartial in all of her dealings regardless the issue is from her own country or not! Therefore, sijaipenda argument ya Kibaki (kama ni kumchagua Mkenya anapeleka interest za Kenya...maana atatuuza sisi tulio kwenye EAC...otherwise, Mh Kibaki angemwambia mwakilishi wa SA kuwa our candidate is better off based on such as such merits. Nothing less nothing more! It is a regional position not a national position!

Unaona hapa ndio tunakwamia. kwanini tusipeana a chance kwa mkenya, Nini kinakwambia hata SA wakiingia kwenye hicho kiti, hawatajaribu kusukuma interest zao. What are SA meriting to get or deserve that chair? Just kwasababu ya wao kua na uchumi mkubwa Afrika. Mh. Kibaki ana busara yuajua anachofanya kusukuma mkenya.

Ndo maana niko busy na duka yangu....tusitafute kuona nani ni superior hapa. Tungeweza kuleta hoja na kutafuta support kwa namna ambayo isingeleta discussions kama hizi. Ntaanzaje kuchangia hoja wakati mtu anasema lengo ni kutawala Africa? Nikawa najiuliza na Kagame naye utamtawala?
Well, Kenyans wanaweza kuwa wanataka kufanya hivyo. Ila mkianza kudharau majirani, kamwe hamtafika popote. Mnajua umoja ni nguvu na utengani ni udhaifu na ndio maana hata EAC inashindwa kutekeleza makubaliano mengi sababu ya shaka watu walionayo juu ya wakenya. Watakuja huku na kujidai wao ndio maboss wetu na hilo halitawezekana

Mimi nadhani tunafaa tuangalie kwa undani credentials za ule anayeinigizwa kama mwenyekiti na ni nini ameweza kutekeleza na kufanikisha kwao. Mkenya is interested in regional intergration for economic prosperity. Ambao nadhani Tanzania na Uganda wanataka kuvuna kutokana na huu muungano na ruwaza ya mkenya. Kumbuka Makaburu wamefanya Afrika Kusini wakawa na economic liberty struggles kule kwao. katika EAC na COMESA, uliza yeyote atakwambia biashara ni mteremko. Hapo SADC wameerect barriers. Hapa EAC tumebakisha monetary intergration pekee yake. Cross-border trade kati ya mataifa ya EAC inanawiri. Hiyo pekee imetosha kukueleza hapa Afrika Mashariki licha ya kuchukuliwa maskini kuna potential, kuwa misingi thabiti imo. Lakini hoja linapingwa vikali na wengi wasio na fahamu kuhusu umuhimu wa EAC. Wanafikiri mkenya anaingia na msingi ya kidictator. Tafadhali give economic reforms a chance.

Back
Top Bottom