Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

KIATO website hacked by BY iSKORPiTX; (TURKISH HACKER). Webmasters beware!!

Discussion in 'Habari na Hoja mchanganyiko' started by Mshiiri, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Mshiiri

Mshiiri JF-Expert Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Kilimanjaro Association for Tour Operators KIATO website is hacked by TURKISH HACKER and it is a great BEWARE to webmasters. I do not know how they wil get hold of their domain. Anyhow!
  2. BrainPower

BrainPower Senior Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Just came across this post.

Huyo Jamaa aliye hack hiyo website has not fully managed to bring it down. From what i can tell its more of him trying to show that he can compromise your account. Can be attributed to weak passwords. IF he really wanted to bring it down - angetumia DOS attack.

The good news is :

The website data is still intact. What the hacker has done is he has just changed to front page (home page). All other webpages (Links | Members | Activities | Contact Us | About Kilimanjaro) are still available -including their data.

What the webmaster needs to do is :
    1. Log into his Control panel and change the root password (as this is the one that is compromised). He can do so by Clicking this link -- . http://www.hostdepartment.com/customer_login.html

2. Only upload the index.html file to the website . Hoping he has the backup. This is the file thats hacked / changed.

3. Change all the ftp, ssh , dbase passwords (if he is running any of these services)

The bad news is:

Most likely the hacker has changed the root password. PlanB is to then contact support and open a ticket to reset it .. http://www.support.hostdepartment.com/

If you need any further assistance just PM me.

Kama kuna mzalendo ambaye yupo nyumbani (TZ) na anauwezo wa kuwapa tip hao Kiato itakuwa vizuri. Ninambatanisha contacts zao kutoka kwenye tovuti.