Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Kenyan to battle it out for Donald Trump's Apprentice job

Discussion in 'Kenyan News and Politics' started by MkenyaMzalendo, Sep 17, 2010.

1. M

MkenyaMzalendo Senior Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Daily Nation: - News |Kenyan seeks to be Trump

It was a strikingly symbolic moment for a Kenyan family on Friday as they watched their daughter on the ‘Apprentice’, the popular reality-TV show.

Ms Liza Mucheru-Wisner, 30, is among the 16 contestants on the 10th season of the show where contestants compete to join the vast estate of American billionaire Donald Trump.

The winner gets a dream job with The Trump Organisation and a six-figure salary, but only after rigorous and episodic grilling by Mr Trump and his key advisors. The competition attracted more than 10,000 applicants, but Liza made it to the team of 16.

It is at 7 am and the contest has just premiered, running an introduction clip of the 16 participants. The men and women are divided into groups chaperoned by one of their own as project manager. The first task is to refurbish an office.

Family and friends are near, yet far. They are watching live video via a phone transmitting images from a TV in the US live via a cable network-springboard. The show had been shot earlier in New York, but to them everything is too real to have been recorded.

The living room in Nairobi is pregnant with anticipation as the host turns on the TV for the appointed hour.

“I have seen her, she is painting,” says Njeri Mucheru Oyatta, Liza’s elder sister, clasping her cheeks. Also in the room are brothers Joe Mucheru and Muniu Mucheru and sister-in-law Aida Mucheru.

Irene Wamaitha, Paul Kiranga, Jane Okulo and Chris Kiagiri, the family friends, are there too to watch their friend become the first Kenyan on the coveted contest.

It was fun and dramatic, Liza would tell the Nairobi viewers via a Gmail video immediately after the first show.

At the time, Liza was in Corpus Christi, a small town in Texas ,US, and she had just returned home after a party.

Jokes and laughter punctuate the room as the show rolls on.

“She has a winning personality. She is a winner. To get that recognition makes her stand out,” says Joe, Liza’s eldest brother who is also the Google Lead for sub-Saharan Africa.

Watching the “Apprentice”, every minute mattered and eventually someone was going to be fired. So, the siblings and friends crossed their fingers.

When the time to walk into the boardroom came, the fifth born in a family of six was right there, not too far from the mercurial Mr Donald Trump.

In a side interview with the Saturday Nation via Gmail video, Liza said of Mr Trump: “He is the most genuine person I have ever met. He has inspired me and I have a lot of respect for him.”

The tension and drama couldn’t get better in the boardroom, as the participants defended their decisions and actions with the eyes trained on the ultimate prize: great job with a hefty salary.

When Mr Trump asked Liza why she thought her team failed, she was confident and firm.

“Liza must have thought, ‘I must say something in that boardroom’,” said Njeri, amid laughter.

Njeri describes her younger sister as beautiful, confident, determined, organised and intelligent. Joe says Liza is not afraid to take risks.

“It is beyond her dream. She never thought she would be in a situation like this. She is waiting for explosion,” says Njeri in jest.

2. U

Ubungoubungo JF-Expert Member

Sep 21, 2010
    nonsense, mawazo ya wakenya siku zote ni mafinyu kama piliton.

3. Smatta

Smatta JF-Expert Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Hahahaha... Wabongo vilaza, wewe waambie kuketi vijiweni kupiga mdomo, you never feature ANYWHERE, maybe in Tanzanian forums where you dominate, but you suck in every little thing that you do, you have a problem, the faster you admit it the better. Kenya Effin Rocks.

4. M

Mnairobi JF-Expert Member

Sep 21, 2010
    looooooooooooool

5. Mkeshahoi

Mkeshahoi JF-Expert Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Good 4 her... I don't c significance of her achievent in this room!!! Worst f all for crapy Trump of all pple!! Nway our neighbours r good at louding when it comes to fame!!

6. Mkeshahoi

Sep 21, 2010
    facts....statistics...? otherwise warm up ur chair broda.... there r better areas to criticise Tznians than spectating 4 kenyan loudmouth!!

7. RealDeal

RealDeal JF-Expert Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Good 4 her... I don't c significance of her achievent in this room!!! Worst f all for crapy Trump of all pple!! Nway our neighbours r good at louding when it comes to fame!!

:lol: I like that tit-bit...Now he's crappy? Tell us why he's crappy now please..lol

8. Mkeshahoi

Sep 21, 2010
    :eek2: Apart from making his own bullion, dethroning miss americas and being flamboyant in the media... What has Trump done for the american people(not the world at most)?

9. Abdulhalim

Abdulhalim JF-Expert Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Sioni kama kuna la maana la hapo, na sioni kwanini entire Kenyans have to rally na ku-bragg kuhusu hii kitu..last time I checked kulikuwa na mdada wa kitz (au asili ya tz) kwene same or similar apprentice sijui, but i never paid any attention kwa sababu its a NON-ISSUE.

Mwanaume mzima kuketi kitako kushupalia maendeleo ya mtu mwengine ni upuuzi wa hali ya juu kabisa na unaonesha how ur life lacks amusements. How pathetic & miserable u r..lolz

10. RAJ PATEL JR

RAJ PATEL JR JF-Expert Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Good point!
    Next week or so you will hear her being told "You are fired!!"

11. Smatta

Smatta JF-Expert Member

Sep 21, 2010
    i guess my life lacking amusement brings me to this here forum.i must add, a boring day to me might be thd best day of your life, if we switched places that is. i aint a bored fudge like u son

12. RealDeal

RealDeal JF-Expert Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Lack of doing does not make him crappy though, does it? Don't you think that's more of his personal stuff? Funny.

13. MwanaFalsafa1

MwanaFalsafa1 JF-Expert Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Well good luck to her.

14. Mkeshahoi

Sep 22, 2010
    that means he can make fun of ur careerr... by paying million dollars and fiere them overnight....slavery!!

15. Abdulhalim

Abdulhalim JF-Expert Member

Sep 22, 2010
    ha ha ..

16. eliakeem

eliakeem JF-Expert Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Again a crap. Can you avail an emperical facts/figures?

17. M

Sep 22, 2010

For one, he talks about forums. I bet this one (JF) is one of them. Honestly, my opinion about Tanzanians as good natured people changed completely after I discovered this forum. It's a good thing I will now be more circumspect when dealing with any Tanzanian, because you might be fooled by the smile and nice swahili but the fellow (Tanzanian) is actually planning to sink a dagger on your back when you look the other way.

I know of no study carried out to find out the Tanzanian work ethic (first of all, in this age of political correctness, I wouldn't think there is any academic/research institution that would commission such study as it's likely to be unethical ), but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence all around us; Anecdotal evidence which suggests that Tanzanians love to talk more than actually doing anything. In any conversation I have with a Tanzanian, he/she would take up more than 80 percent of the time taken in the whole conversation, and most of the things they say are superfluous (you can squeeze ten sentences into one and still deliver the intended message). Like I said, this is anecdotal evidence, and as such, it can't be extrapolated for the whole Tanzanian population. But one is very tempted to take it for face value.

18. M

Mnairobi JF-Expert Member

Sep 22, 2010
    In Kenya we are proud of anything that comes out of our beautiful resourceful people, we parade them for the whole world to see, thats how people get to know of us. Here is one such person.

[​IMG]

19. eliakeem

eliakeem JF-Expert Member

Sep 22, 2010
    More craps, should we rely on hearsay or secondhand accounts rather than firsthand knowledge or experience? Huh This is buul shitt never heard.
    You deserve to be banned in this forum.

20. M

Sep 22, 2010
    Oh, so I should be banned for expressing my opinion? Very democratic. By the way, I've discovered that some people in this forum are very intolerant. I recently noticed that someone has been deleting my posts not because they are offensive, or go against the Forum stated policies, but most likely because I hit a raw nerve somewhere. Or it could be that the person does not agree with what I say. Shame really. People should be free to say what's on their minds, even when it offends nationalistic egos (unless the moderators have decided that all non-foreigners should praise, exalt and glorify Tz and Tznians to be allowed to contribute-in which case I will happily quit the forum)

Moving on, if you appreciated the import of the phrase "anecdotal evidence" as well as the rest of my post, you wouldn't have insinuated that I am peddling hearsay, or secondhand accounts. Anyone who can read can see that I talked about personal experience.