Kenyan media voice curiosity over JK, Obama meeting

First off, who the hell cares? Second, Obama is not Kenyan. He's an American. Third, what are these Kenyans expecting from Obama, the American president?

I think it is time I expressed my own opinions

1.Like NN said Barack Obama is AMERICAN not KENYAN. His first responsibilities are to the people he is accountable to & he doesn't care whether Tanzanians or Kenyans are having a frenzy over him. Angeipenda Kenya sana he would have gone back to Kenya & run for president there.

2.Kenyans are more proud of Barack Obama's ancestry than he himself is. It is simplistic to be proud of someone just because he has roots in your country. Most Americans are immigrants from other places so kila Marekani ikipata new president watu wa nchi fulani waanze kushangilia? I was laughing when I heard there was a holiday to celebrate his victory. Nchi zina njaa instead of working to get your bread you are celebrating for 3 days over someone winning the presidency of another country? AFRICANS TUNA TIA AIBU? There was this couple happily bragging that Obama's whoever was related to their whoever thus Obama's second cousin is there whoever blah blah blah. HHakujui na wewe haumjui simple as that.

3.Kenyans shouldn't expect any privileges from the U.S. The president is there to serve the interest of his people(mind you I mean the American people). If Kenya is of importance to them fine if not Obama won't do anything for you simply because he is your "son'. Kenyans will be surprised.

4.This JK thing is dumb. Everybody who think it's an "honor" for him are simplistic. We East Africans are all very simplistic. Kenyan's went crazy because Obama's dad was from their and now some of us Tanzanians are going crazy over JK's visit to the oval office, SIMPLY SIMPLISTIC. it is this simple minded nature thats why you see even an African with a simple car & house thinks there is nothing more to achieve. I have seen some people go crazy just because there are in front of a camera, it's a shame. JK is also simplistic like most of us, instead of worrying about his people he is worrying about who he is seen with.

5.Nobody is going to bring development to us Africans but ourselves. These "cat fights" between Kenyans & us Tanzanians won't get us any where. We should work towards moving forward instead of going crazy over little things. These "honors" do nothing for the common mwananchi. Kenyans & Tanzanians can fight all they want but pole yetu because we are in the same boat. kenyans can brag all they want about their "strong economy" but still their economy is poor like the res of us or else wasinge ng'ang'ania East African federation. Tokea lini a well to do nation ikaforce kujoin na it's "poor" brothers and sisters? Watanzania we should stop braging about peace this or peace that every time people talk about the failures of our government. What good is our peace if it gets us no where? Every little thing you here someone say oh we have peace. There are a lot of nations which are both peaceful & prosperous.

Just to wrap things up. Obama is THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, no matter what village his father came from it won't change that fact. He is a proud American & is the to serve the people of his nation(the one written on his passport).
Tanzanians lets not be simplistic like others. JK met Obama, big deal. My father is a diplomat & he has met almost all world leaders but you never hear him go on a frenzy over it. Because of my dad's work iI have had the privilege of meeting some "big shots" but frankly it has done nothing personally for me. Lets build our nation instead of being satisfied with little honors which do nothing for us, our children or grandchildren. Heck if working with a Kenyan is going to get me what I want in life then I will do it but if seeing some world leader is just going to get me a photo shoot with them then to hell with it. I am going to work with a Kenyan, Ugandan, Muzungu or whoever as long as it's beneficial to me and my family. Simplistic people never go far because they get satisfied so quickly by very little things.

Article hiyo ya THISDAY ni ya uongo mtupu kutoka Tanzanian press.

Hakuna hata sehemu moja humo ndani Wakenya wamenukuliwa wako "curious" na huo mkutano wa Obama/JK.

Hakuna hata sehemu moja humo ndani Wakenya wamenukuliwa wako "curious" na huo mkutano wa Obama/JK.
I should have known this is coming. Kwi!kwi!kwi!

I should have known this is coming. Kwi!kwi!kwi!

But am I lying?

Jasusi, ukisoma kwa makini hizo nukuu za magazeti ya Kenya utaona ni kama wao wenyewe wanajilaumu, wanajipiga madongo kwa kushindwa ku take advantage ya uasili wa Obama. Lakini waandishi wa Tanzania wameiweka kana kwamba Kenya wame question ka hila fulani kati ya JK na Obama. "Voice curiosity."

Lakini hakuna hata sehemu moja Wakenya wamenukuliwa "kushuku." Ni sisi wabongo waongo na magazeti yetu.

Kwa lugha za sehemu nilipokulia, tungesema hapo mwandishi anajishtukia. Tulikuwa hatuna jinsi ya kuilezea hiyo psychological phenomenon mtu anapojiona hastahili kitu fulani alichopata, anashtuka, kwa hiyo anajihami haraka kwa kusema kile ambacho anadhani ataambiwa. Kwamba Kikwete hakuwa na sababu kujialikisha Whitehouse.

Ukisema article ni uongo unawapandisha chati, unawafanya kama waliisoma hiyo article ya Wakenya, wakaielewa, wakaamua kufanya a deliberate distortion.

Jamaa hawajasoma kwa jicho la kutaka kuelewa, wanasoma tayari wana inda ya ufedhuli na kisirani cha uhasama, kwa nini wsijitungie mambo kulingana na mawazo yao yaliyojaa prejudice yanavyoshabihi roho zao zisivyo na simile?

Objectivity is such a rare commodity in these rags.

Duu, Blueray, kwa hiyo MKuu na wewe umeshtukia kwamba based on the reported statement za Wakenya kwenye gazeti la THISDAY, Wakenya hajaonyesha complain yeyote dhidi ya huu mkutano?

Duu, Blueray, kwa hiyo MKuu na wewe umeshtukia kwamba based on the reported statement za Wakenya kwenye gazeti la THISDAY, Wakenya hajaonyesha complain yeyote dhidi ya huu mkutano?

From what I have read wakenya ni wameji sema wenyewe. Wamejisema kuwa why is their government letting go of this "golden opportunity"? They have also stated that their government should act becuase the foreign image of Kenya has diminished over the years. If anything, from the article, Wakenya wameisema their own government. I thinkkwenye thread. watu wame overreact towards the article ndiyo maana kuna tokea kama kavita kati ya Kenyan's na Tz's

Ha ha ha wakenya ubaguzi waliokuwa nao walifikiri obama atazibagua nchi zingine na kuweka kenya mbele kwa vile babake ni mkenya? Lol jamaa wanachekesha sana,katika akili zao walijua obama kupata uraisi kutakuwa na personal intrest kwa kenya. Kwa wakenya wote obama ni raisi wa marekani na hatobagua nchi yoyote duniani na kuiweka kenya mbele kwenye maswala yoyote yale.ni utoto mkubwa sana kufikiria obama atafanya kenya hiwe mbele katika mipango yake yote ya africa. Hayo mambo ya kibaki mkikuyu kwahio wakikuyu wapewe nafasi kwanza hakuna kwenye 1st world countries.

Dilunga,

Wala hudanganyi..and that is the whole purpose of having a press.
Whatever sells, mpira mbele...hata kama inaleta ubishi as it is here.

Wewe Darkcity!

Acha ushamba huyo Vasco da Gama wenu Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete aka Matonya huwezi kujivuna kwamba yeye ni wa kwanza from Africa kwenda kumwona Hussein Obama this is ribbish and bs!

My friends from Kenya do you see how hawa wa TZ walivyo wapuuzi! How can you be proud of a president turning his rich country into ombaomba!!

Huo msaada anokwenda kuomba huko states is just a peanut!

Pesa za dhahabu ya Barrick Gold wanazouza kwa mwaka its more than his annual budget and due to his stupidity anasema TZ is poor ? Who told him? Pesa za Millenium Challenge about the same amount ya tax evasion by maswahiba wake wakubwa Rostam Aziz na Subash Patel!

Komeni kujivunia ujinga kama yeye ni wa kwanza je Madam Michelle ni wa ngapi?
Kuitofautisha jamii ya wanyama na Binadamu ni ustaarabu. kIPIMO BORA CHA MTU ALIYE MSTAARABU NI MATAMSHI, MAANDISHI YATOKANAYO NA FIKRA ZAKE. Wakati Wazungu wanaimarisha European Union na Asia Pacific Region Global Systems, Waafrika wanabomoa AU kwa kurushiana maneno ya ajabu kwenye net. 1994 Warwanda waliuana zaidi ya milioni 2 kwa kubaguana eti Watutsi na Wahutu wakati ni Warwanda, Kwa dhana hiyo mkianza kuchukiana eti hawa ni watanzania, na hawa ni Wa-Congo ama Wakenya, hamtaishia hapo, mtahamia ndani ya nchi eti hawa ni Waluo, hawa Kikuyu ama hawa ni Wakamba. TUSHIKAMANE JAMANI ILI TUIJENGE AFRIKA YETU TUKIKOSOANA KWA NGUVU ZA HOJA SI HOJA ZA NGUVU

Kuitofautisha jamii ya wanyama na Binadamu ni ustaarabu. kIPIMO BORA CHA MTU ALIYE MSTAARABU NI MATAMSHI, MAANDISHI YATOKANAYO NA FIKRA ZAKE. Wakati Wazungu wanaimarisha European Union na Asia Pacific Region Global Systems, Waafrika wanabomoa AU kwa kurushiana maneno ya ajabu kwenye net. 1994 Warwanda waliuana zaidi ya milioni 2 kwa kubaguana eti Watutsi na Wahutu wakati ni Warwanda, Kwa dhana hiyo mkianza kuchukiana eti hawa ni watanzania, na hawa ni Wa-Congo ama Wakenya, hamtaishia hapo, mtahamia ndani ya nchi eti hawa ni Waluo, hawa Kikuyu ama hawa ni Wakamba. TUSHIKAMANE JAMANI ILI TUIJENGE AFRIKA YETU TUKIKOSOANA KWA NGUVU ZA HOJA SI HOJA ZA NGUVU

Kushikamana for the sake of kushikamana hakuna dili, inabidi watu waelewane na kuwa na mutual interests, hapo mshikamano unakuwa wa kweli na si wa kisiasa tu ambao ukipigwa na upepo kidogo unadondoka.

1.Like NN said Barack Obama is AMERICAN not KENYAN. His first responsibilities are to the people he is accountable to & he doesn't care whether Tanzanians or Kenyans are having a frenzy over him. Angeipenda Kenya sana he would have gone back to Kenya & run for president there.

2.Kenyans are more proud of Barack Obama's ancestry than he himself is. It is simplistic to be proud of someone just because he has roots in your country. Most Americans are immigrants from other places so kila Marekani ikipata new president watu wa nchi fulani waanze kushangilia? I was laughing when I heard there was a holiday to celebrate his victory. Nchi zina njaa instead of working to get your bread you are celebrating for 3 days over someone winning the presidency of another country? AFRICANS TUNA TIA AIBU? There was this couple happily bragging that Obama's whoever was related to their whoever thus Obama's second cousin is there whoever blah blah blah. HHakujui na wewe haumjui simple as that.

3.Kenyans shouldn't expect any privileges from the U.S. The president is there to serve the interest of his people(mind you I mean the American people). If Kenya is of importance to them fine if not Obama won't do anything for you simply because he is your "son'. Kenyans will be surprised.

4.This JK thing is dumb. Everybody who think it's an "honor" for him are simplistic. We East Africans are all very simplistic. Kenyan's went crazy because Obama's dad was from their and now some of us Tanzanians are going crazy over JK's visit to the oval office, SIMPLY SIMPLISTIC. it is this simple minded nature thats why you see even an African with a simple car & house thinks there is nothing more to achieve. I have seen some people go crazy just because there are in front of a camera, it's a shame. JK is also simplistic like most of us, instead of worrying about his people he is worrying about who he is seen with.

5.Nobody is going to bring development to us Africans but ourselves. These "cat fights" between Kenyans & us Tanzanians won't get us any where. We should work towards moving forward instead of going crazy over little things. These "honors" do nothing for the common mwananchi. Kenyans & Tanzanians can fight all they want but pole yetu because we are in the same boat. kenyans can brag all they want about their "strong economy" but still their economy is poor like the res of us or else wasinge ng'ang'ania East African federation. Tokea lini a well to do nation ikaforce kujoin na it's "poor" brothers and sisters? Watanzania we should stop braging about peace this or peace that every time people talk about the failures of our government. What good is our peace if it gets us no where? Every little thing you here someone say oh we have peace. There are a lot of nations which are both peaceful & prosperous.

Just to wrap things up. Obama is THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, no matter what village his father came from it won't change that fact. He is a proud American & is the to serve the people of his nation(the one written on his passport).
Tanzanians lets not be simplistic like others. JK met Obama, big deal. My father is a diplomat & he has met almost all world leaders but you never hear him go on a frenzy over it. Because of my dad's work iI have had the privilege of meeting some "big shots" but frankly it has done nothing personally for me. Lets build our nation instead of being satisfied with little honors which do nothing for us, our children or grandchildren. Heck if working with a Kenyan is going to get me what I want in life then I will do it but if seeing some world leader is just going to get me a photo shoot with them then to hell with it. I am going to work with a Kenyan, Ugandan, Muzungu or whoever as long as it's beneficial to me and my family. Simplistic people never go far because they get satisfied so quickly by very little things.
MWANA FA

It is an undisputed fact that Obama is an American, that is not even debatable, this is undisputed like the fact that he has his roots in Kogelo, Kenya. There is no doubt that we celebrate the brother, just like every sane black person in this planet. In a way Mwana, I think that you are ashamed of being African, seems like you are the type of people who after trips abroad, come home with a borrowed accent pretending that you have forgotten your mother tongue.

FYI, not just Kenya, the whole world went crazy about Obama, some People even changed their middle name to Hussein or Obama for crying out loud.

PS.. About you spilling the beans that your father is an ambassador and you meeting big shots, is wayyyy too much details for our eyes bruh, we dont care if your father is the president himself, pliz spare us the details next time, coz we certainly dont need to know how your dad ekes a living. You are dealing with adults not college girls, I am not impressed with your brags son.

MWANA FA

It is an undisputed fact that Obama is an American, that is not even debatable, this is undisputed like the fact that he has his roots in Kogelo, Kenya. There is no doubt that we celebrate the brother, just like every sane black person in this planet. In a way Mwana, I think that you are ashamed of being African, seems like you are the type of people who after trips abroad, come home with a borrowed accent pretending that you have forgotten your mother tongue.

FYI, not just Kenya, the whole world went crazy about Obama, some People even changed their middle name to Hussein or Obama for crying out loud.

PS.. About you spilling the beans that your father is an ambassador and you meeting big shots, is wayyyy too much details for our eyes bruh, we dont care if your father is the president himself, pliz spare us the details next time, coz we certainly dont need to know how your dad ekes a living. You are dealing with adults not college girls, I am not impressed with your brags son.

Never said my dad was an ambassador read properly. Please highlight if you see anywhere that I have written that otherwise wewe ndiyo wale wale who always look for something to say.If you read the thread you will understand that what I was trying to say was we shouldn't go crazy over little things from Kenyans to Tanzanians.
Of coarse I'm proud to be African, or do I have to go crazy like a school girl for Obama to be proud of Africa? I'm proud of my motherland thats why I said only as Africans can develop ourselves.I won't even argue just read the post again and if you have any brains you will understand what I was trying to say. Because it seemed you picked a few points to try & make it seem like I I'm not a proud African hahaha. It was merely a caution that we Africans can do better than be proud of little achievements which do nothing for us. ou also didn't seem to see the part where I wrote that I would work with any fellow East African for advancement. I know your problem is that I said I Kenya went crazy over Obama thats why you came with the defense that everyone else did, well I was talking about everyone if you read properly. We are happy for the bro but did we have to rest for 3 days? I think even in Tz they did that so don't feel like I was only talking about Kenya.This was a message to all Africans, if it touched you to reply then message sent, although it seems you misunderstood the message unlike others. Open up your mind and your brain dude then you will see the post for what it is. It seems you saw what you wanted to see but apparently everyone else sees otherwise. Anyway just read it again, highlight the place I wrote ambassador then if there are any other "points" you want to make say it & I will defend myself point by point from my own post.

Last edited:
The ME FIRST official Kenyan policy in almost everything is now bearing fruit,
Kenya was luke warm in the struggle to end domination of Africans in the South-It was too busy consolidating its own economy-ME FIRST.
Kenya did not like the idea of the EAC then in 1977 before its own interests, thus broke away from it-ME FIRST.
Now the ME FIST policy already got refined, with a KIKUYU FIRST or a LUO FIRST policy at hand.
This is where other East Afican countries can take Kenya for a ride, Tanzania has nothing to worry about its foreighn policy with the US because Kenya is too busy tearing itself apart.

The ME FIRST official Kenyan policy in almost everything is now bearing fruit,
Kenya was luke warm in the struggle to end domination of Africans in the South-It was too busy consolidating its own economy-ME FIRST.
Kenya did not like the idea of the EAC then in 1977 before its own interests, thus broke away from it-ME FIRST.
Now the ME FIST policy already got refined, with a KIKUYU FIRST or a LUO FIRST policy at hand.
This is where other East Afican countries can take Kenya for a ride, Tanzania has nothing to worry about its foreighn policy with the US because Kenya is too busy tearing itself apart.

We are all selfish, its not a good trait but its human character(animal instincts).. we are all possesive, We want the finer things in life, wishing good for ourself and family, wanting more for our families.. I guess I should not feel guilty for wanting to earn more than the next bloke, I should not feel guilty for being an opportunist, and not letting any body overtake me on a juicy deal. Maybe thats our goverment's policy, and maybe thats the reason we are currently suffering under its regime.

I wish you would take a mile from the inch the US is giving you, dont let the opportunity go. Inshallah.

Mkuu, these thoughts are divine. If only they could seep through our thick African skulls.

TAARABU INA WANACHAMA WENGI......! Mipasho, vijembe, kejeli, matusi vimeonekana kuwa na wapenzi wengi kwenye thread hii........!
JF MODERN TAARAB....!

Back
Top Bottom