Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Kenyan born CNN correspondent Ali Vershi honoured by Immigration Daily

Discussion in 'Kenyan News and Politics' started by MaxShimba, Mar 10, 2012.

1. MaxShimba

MaxShimba JF-Expert Member

Mar 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

Kenyan native Ali Vershi- CNN CHIEF BUSINESS CORRESPONDENT

Jambonewspot.com
    -Kenyan native Ali Velshi has been named immigrant of the week by Immigration Daily, a resource for legal professionals. Ali who is CNN's chief business correspondent and also a regular anchor of the network's news broadcasts was born in Nairobi and raised in Toronto, Ontario.

The 42 year old is also the host of the weekly show Your $$$$$ and is also the author of the book Gimme My Money Back: Your Guide to Beating the Financial Crisis, which was published in 2009.
    In 1996, Velshi was awarded a fellowship to the United States Congress from the American Political Science Association.In 2008, he reported on the killing of former Pakistani PM Benazir Bhutto from the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan, which was bombed later that year.During the financial meltdown of 2008/2009, Ali was ever present in our living rooms as viewers tuned to CNN to watch the unfolding events on Wall Street.

Another notable Kenyan native who immigrated to Canada is Zain Verjee. Verjee started her television broadcast career as an anchor on the Kenya Television Network (KTN) evening news and host of the talk show Third Opinion.
    Verjee is now the anchor for CNN's World Report and is based in the network's London bureau.. She previously covered the US State Department for CNN.

2. MaxShimba

MaxShimba JF-Expert Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Go Kenyans go. There is something good about Kenyans, they are smart people.

3. Bantugbro

Bantugbro JF-Expert Member

Mar 12, 2012
  4. The Quonquerer

The Quonquerer JF-Expert Member

Mar 12, 2012
    and black kenyans, the midnight black ones? what have they won?

5. Smatta

Smatta JF-Expert Member

Mar 12, 2012
    we are dark and ugly as ever (biggie), but one thing you should know, a degree holder from Tanzania can not be equated to a diploma holder from Kenya, I dont know if it's the education systems or just an inherent factor (ujamaa hangover?) that prevents y'all from mastering even the easiest of skills. I don't know what odd jobs you do to feed yourself but whatever it is, a Kenyan somewhere can do it 10 times better.

so just you know, Kenyans (the dark and ugly ones) have been bagging the CNN multichoice African journalist awards for a minute now.. Tanzanian journalists are always on the stands looking pretty while their Kenyan counterparts are recognized internationally.

I feel your pain though, its not easy to ignore the success of your neighbors keeping in mind that there is NOTHING your country is known for internationally except Tanzanite (a naturally occurring element)... it sucks being you.

find time to read this posts

Kenyans conquer the continent at CNN journalism awards | Internews
    Kenya's Fatuma Noor wins CNN Africa Award | LONDON AFRICA MEDIA NETWORK
    CNN Multichoice African Journalist Awards 2010

[h=2][/h]

6. The Quonquerer

The Quonquerer JF-Expert Member

Mar 12, 2012
    there are many Tzs achievers, it doesn't have to be in journalism alone though..do you want a whole list?

7. eliakeem

eliakeem JF-Expert Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Achana naye huyo.... mabomu yamemharibu akili..... wewe kila kukicha mabomu tu mabomu tu.... ndiyo maana anaongea vitu vya ajabu ajabu tu..... tangu lini diploma ikawa sawa na degree.... huyu smata akili yake ni ushuzi tu...

8. Kichuguu

Kichuguu Platinum Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Unlike Verjee who has constantly identified her roots in Kenya, this guy identifies his roots in Canada, particularly Toronto; so I don't know why the fuss. Look at Wikipedia records: Ali Velshi (born October 29, 1969) is a Canadian-American television journalist best known for his work on CNN.

9. B

Bobby JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Those of us who didnt know you before, we now do-thanks a lot.

10. Utingo

Utingo JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    stop your slavery mindset, is Ali Vershi or Fatuma Noor Kenyan natives-are they luo, kikuyu, kamba, pokono, giryama, samburu or masai? Jeff Koinage was the real kenyan native in cnn but what did he get?

How about this

A Tanzanian native - Asha Rose Migiro (Pare) was the first woman to be a deputy UN secretary General. Doe this make any sense to you?

11. zomba

zomba JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Hata President Obama si wa kutokea Kenya. Kwa hili wakenya nawapa pongezi mmetoa watu walionyanyua jina la Kenya. Juzi nimemuona Mmerekani Mkenya akishinda mbio za kimataifa.

Kwa elimu ni kweli, Tanzania hatujawafikia Wakenya na kweli ujamaa ndio uliweka misingi mibovu ya elimu, uchumi na nguvu kazi, michezo na mingine mingi.

Watanzania badala ya kubishana inabidi tujitume kwa bidii, tuwakimbize Wakenya na tuwa overtake, hicho ndicho kiwe target yetu. Tunaweza.

12. zomba

zomba JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Mubarak Obama, rings a bell to you my fellow Tanzanian? compare that with hand picked Asha.

13. Smatta

Smatta JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Everyone knows me here, I sh*t where I eat. Feel at home joining the 'i hate Kenya' bandwagon.

14. zomba

zomba JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    We should learn from Kenya on where we failed and they succeeded and accelerate from there.

15. Smatta

Smatta JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Its either you are a functional illiterate, or you simply cant find time to do a three mins research or click on the links I posted in my previous posts. Asha Noor is Kenyan as they come just to let you know. I am also a Pare, at least my mum and wife are, so that cancells out. shinda mboha wethu

16. Idimi

Idimi JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Hivi hatuwezi kuchangia mijadala kati ya Kenya na Tanzania bila kutukanana? Mbona sioni matusi katika thread nyingine za nchi za Jumuiya hii? People grow up

17. PongLenis

PongLenis JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    :lock1:Kenya

18. Utingo

Utingo JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    is Barack Obama a kenyan native...you are real mad and slave in your mind!!!!. Even his way of thinking, he does think just like any other american chap, you still dream that he is kenyan native? by the way is barack obama a citizen of Kenya? does he hold kenyan passport?

19. Utingo

Utingo JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    pole sana

20. Askari Kanzu

Askari Kanzu JF-Expert Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Utingo achana na huyo Ribosome na kasumba zake za kujiona duni. Inaonekana huyo Obama mwenyewe ameshawasoma wakenya na ukabila wao (uliomtenga baba yake). Nadhani anangoja kwanza raisi mjaluo awatale wakikuyu baada ya uchaguzi ujao, kabla hajaamua kuwatembelea, kuwasalimia na kuwasanif!