Kenya ready to begin medal harvest in London!

I believe Kemboi has given Team Kenya its first gold today. Safi!

7720124574_d0c4377621_z.jpg

GOLD MEDAL - Ezekiel Kemboi, KEN (Men's 3000m steeplechase)

The Kenyan wins gold to recapture the crown he won eight years ago in 8:18.56.

Kemboi is a character. So comfortable and confident is the 30-year-old he has enough time to run sideways to cross the whitewash in lane 8. He collapses to the ground as the enormity of his achievement hits him and then he jumps to his feet to entertain the fans with a jig. France's Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad won silver, while Kenya's Abel Kiprop Mutai was third.

BBC.

the guy has a sensational way of running and yes its our first gold. Anyway i had hopes for a clean sweep or 1 & 2 podium finish were it not for Brimmin Kipruto trippin. All in all the trio did Kenya proud and are heroes. Well done to Kemboi, Kiprop & Brimmin!

the guy has a sensational way of running and yes its our first gold. Anyway i had hopes for a clean sweep or 1 & 2 podium finish were it not for Brimmin Kipruto trippin. All in all the trio did Kenya proud and are heroes. Well done to Kemboi, Kiprop & Brimmin!
I'm looking for the video of his 'dancing skills'...this dude can be funny!:majani7:

7721098024_d17ab6d7d2_z.jpg

7721097860_b472e5e03a_z.jpg

7721097956_cc11675dab_z.jpg

7721097754_1a80daa687.jpg

livefire,

Here goes the clip...huyu jamaa ananijazz mbaya sana...hehehehe!

This other one is from 2011 at the IAAF championships in Daegu, South Korea where he bagged another gold.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v =dGyBa1_YY4g[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hongera Kenya kupata medali ya dhahabu, nasi waTZ naamini tutapata tu, kama si mwaka huu hata 2016 si mbaya......

Rudisha a clear favourite to win 800m. Sailed effortlesly to finals leading from start to end.

Rudisha a clear favourite to win 800m. Sailed effortlesly to finals leading from start to end.

rudisha070812_01.jpg

David Rudisha has ruled out an attempt on his 800m world record at the London Olympics after comfortably winning his heat on Monday.
Rudisha, whose world record stands at one minute 41.01 seconds, is the overwhelming favourite to take the 800m title in London after missing out on selection for Beijing four years ago through injury.

"The track is fast. It looks good," the 23-year-old world champion told reporters through a translator.

"In this championship I don't look at the record. It is a medal that I want. Once I get the medal, toward the end of the season I can think about the record."

Algerian Taoufik Makhloufi's brief appearance in the 800 heats appears to have dashed his medal hopes in the 1,500 after he was disqualified from all further events in the athletics competition because the referee considered that he had not provided a bona fide effort.

Makhloufi, who beat champion Asbel Kiprop in Tuesday's semi-final of the 1,500, jogged for 200m before stepping off the track. He had been confirmed in the two-lap race by his team the previous day and so had to run, the IAAF said.

It was a different story for Australia's gold medal favourite Sally Pearson, who went all out in the 100 hurdles to record the fastest first-round time at an Olympics with 12.57 seconds.

But there were tears for women's 1,500 medal hopeful Genzebe Dibaba, younger sister of Ethiopia's 10,000 champion Tirunesh, who was taken off the track in a wheelchair clutching her hamstring after struggling in her heat.

Belarussian Nadezhda Ostapchuk topped qualifying for the women's shot put with 20.76m just ahead of her arch rival, world and Olympic champion Valerie Adams of New Zealand (20.40).

There was also plenty of home success in the morning qualifiers to keep the cheers rolling around the stadium. Lawrence Okoye sealed a place in Tuesday's discus final with a throw of 65.28.

"The whole team is feeling pretty positive at the moment, the story's going round about how the crowd is unbelievable and I witnessed it myself today," said Britain's Andrew Osagie. - Reuters

Standard Digital News : Sports : Rudisha targets gold ahead of world record

610x.jpg

Ethiopia's gold medal winner Tirunesh Dibaba, center, is flanked by Kenya's silver medalist Sally Jepkosgei Kipyego, left, and Kenya's bronze medalist Vivian Jepkemoi Cheruiyot, right, for the women's 10,000-meter run during the athletics competition in the Olympic Stadium at the 2012 Summer Olympics, Saturday, Aug. 4, 2012 in London

dahhhhh nimemaliza kuangali
1500m final ..

Poleni sana Wakenya ,
wakenya wawili ni number 11 na number 12 na mwingine ni number 7
I don't know what happen there. na kulikuwa na Mkenya number moja akapitwa..

Gold medal imenda ALgeria ..

Kwa kweli nimeipenda juhudi yake!

Hata Toyo haitembei vile!

RUDISHA NI NOMA KWELI!

David+Rudisha.jpg

Kenya's David Lekuta Rudisha poses next to the record board after winning the men's 800 final during the London 2012 Olympic Games on August 9, 2012 in London. Rudisha clocked a new world record of 1min 40.91sec.

1.jpg

Kenya's gold medalist David Lekuta Rudisha celebrates after winning the men's 800 final at the athletics event during the London 2012 Olympic Games on August 9, 2012 in London.

2.jpg

Kenya's David Lekuta Rudisha and Kenya's Timothy Kitum celebrate after the men's 800m final at the athletics event during the London 2012 Olympic Games on August 9, 2012 in London.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Kenya's David Lekuta Rudisha celebrates after winning and breaking the world record in the men's 800m final at the athletics event during the London 2012 Olympic Games on August 9, 2012 in London.

5.jpg

px.jpg

Vivian Cheruiyot of Kenya celebrates after winning the silver medal in the women's 5,000 metres final of the Olympic Games at the Olympic Stadium in London on August 10, 2012. Meseret Defar won the gold and her Ethiopian team mate Tirunesh Dibaba the bronze.