Kenya is still miles ahead of Tanzania

I think we should take this as a wake up call and motivation to do better. I have to side with Smatta in the sense that we don't always have to find excuses when something good about Kenya is said. People who complain never move forward because instead of finding solutions they keep dreaming that either there is no problem or someone. somehow will take care of the problem. The question we should ask ourselves is. Does Kenya have a better economy then us? Yes or no? If the answer is yes then we should take it as a challenge to do better. I think if a neighbor has done better in certain aspects it is wise to try and learn from them. As much as it kills me to see Tanzania behind any country the truth is that we are behind many countries. I have noticed a trend with us Tanzanians and that is we can talk the talk but most of us never walk the walk. Thats why politicians keep making empty promises and never do nothing. That's why there are a lot of good plans on paper that are never implemented. The issue here is not Kenya at all. We should ask ourselves how is our economy doing? I think the answer will prompt any patriotic or prideful Tanzanian to take action. Wake up Tanzania and stop worrying about whether Kenya is ahead or not. If they are ahead us complaining here won't solve anything. If we were obviously ahead of Kenya then who would right such articles? Propaganda itoke wapi? Can any propagandist today dare say the economy of South Africa is smaller than Tanzanians? They won't because it is obviously behind. So if they say our economy is behind Kenya we should just no that it is time to take action. Let our development speak for itself then we won't have to defend ourselves childishly over here.
I hope the message has been sent to all Tanzanians.

Ongea kiswahili kama kizungu cha kuchenga Nyoni. SHIDA YENYU KUBWA NI USWAHILI, MWAANGALIA JIRANI AKILA SIMA KILA SIKU MPAKA MWASAHAU KWENDA SHAMBANI KULINDA MCHELE, MTACHEKWA NYIE..

What jazzes me in this thread is the amount of denial exhibited by some of you. Smell the coffee y'all, you living in a mirage, and one day I will be happy to burst your bubbles so that you can come back to reality. We living in an unequall world, survival for the fittest, just like the animal kingdom where only the strong survive.

Tatizo we Tanzanians sometime have stupid pride. When we are told the truth we take it too personally. I know some Tanzanians here are going to get angry because they will think I'm siding with you or with Kenya but I'm siding with the truth. We have to stop complaining too much and stop being defensive where there is nothing to be defensive about. I'm telling you that is why there are some Tanzanians who are very rich but the economy is bad as a whole because they actually realized action speaks louder than words. While some Tanzanians are working towards they goals most of us a dreaming and hoping when we wake up the dream has become a reality. We shouldn't care much about what kenya is doing we should look at our own situation and realize that something has to be done.

Hakuna ubishi hawa jamaa wanataka kuwaachia kila kitu hivyo na wakenya wanacompete sawa na wao ndio maana wanasema hivyo, hakuna kitu cha wageni wala wawekezaji Kenya , hivyo kuna maskini na matajiri, hivyo tusikubali kuaacha kila kitu kwa wageni

Tatizo we Tanzanians sometime have stupid pride. When we are told the truth we take it too personally. I know some Tanzanians here are going to get angry because they will think I'm siding with you or with Kenya but I'm siding with the truth. We have to stop complaining too much and stop being defensive where there is nothing to be defensive about. I'm telling you that is why there are some Tanzanians who are very rich but the economy is bad as a whole because they actually realized action speaks louder than words. While some Tanzanians are working towards they goals most of us a dreaming and hoping when we wake up the dream has become a reality. We shouldn't care much about what kenya is doing we should look at our own situation and realize that something has to be done.
Thats the plain truth, we should quit generalizing stuff and hiding between the comfort and warmth of groups, at the end of the day we are individuals who are answerable to no one but ourselves. We should learn from each other and reduce the mudslinging and accept the truth.

Every time I read these threads that culminate to flinging of words simply because one nation has been praised or criticized I am deeply saddened.

Not because of the words thrown back and forth but because I strongly believe that we are [at-least those ding the complaining], missing the point.
As long as we are not willing to accept that your next door neighbor has a better implementation or you are wrong on a particular implementation, then how do we as a people expect to develop?

We need to accept that sometimes the best ideas will come from someone other than ourselves.

Why reinvent the wheel when you cans ask your neighbor for help. We need to set aside our pride and work together as africans, that is the only way africa will develop to a competitive level.

Let us look at those places where we have failed, and if your neighbor has succeeded in the same then by all means borrow the idea, why waste time and money re-inventing just because the better idea comes from a Kenyan/Tanzanian/Ugandan/Burundian/Rwandan, the only thing that should concern us is, Does it solve the current problem that we have?

In-fact I would go as far as to say, we [EAC at this point] should establish a body that looks at the various success stories in africa, and point them out to organs overseeing marching failed ones in the region. link up people who have Ideas that would solve a certain problem being experienced in certain sectors with the relevant people in management.

This might help/hasten to bring about the change that is needed to catapult our region as we stand.
So when we see a success story let us not be quick to talk it down, in-stead let us ask, can we implement those ideas to solve a problem in my locality if not, are there people I know that might benefit from this idea.

And when we see failure, let us ask is have I come across an idea that can be of help, and if so the push it to the relevant people.

Mwanafalsafa unaumwa ugonjwa wa kuwa kila kilicho nje ya mipaka yetu ni bora sana kuliko sisi, jiangalie jinsi unavyifikiri kuhusu watu wako, umekata tamaa kwasababu unadhani hawawezi kufikiri kwa usahihi kuliko wewe. Umewahi kuishi Kenya wewe? uliishi sehemu gani? unajua jinsi wakenya wa kawaida wanavyoishi kichovu kuliko watanzania? Najua liliko moyoni mwako nikuwa kwa sababu wanaongea Kiingereza vizuri kuliko sisi lakini huo ni Upotofu usiokuwa na dawa! et nini?

Mwanafalsafa unaumwa ugonjwa wa kuwa kila kilicho nje ya mipaka yetu ni bora sana kuliko sisi, jiangalie jinsi unavyifikiri kuhusu watu wako, umekata tamaa kwasababu unadhani hawawezi kufikiri kwa usahihi kuliko wewe. Umewahi kuishi Kenya wewe? uliishi sehemu gani? unajua jinsi wakenya wa kawaida wanavyoishi kichovu kuliko watanzania? Najua liliko moyoni mwako nikuwa kwa sababu wanaongea Kiingereza vizuri kuliko sisi lakini huo ni Upotofu usiokuwa na dawa! et nini?

Ugonjwa gani wa kuona kila cha nje ni bora? Hebu ongea logically an not out of passion. Sasa kama kitu ni obvious nisiseme? Uchumi wa Tanzania na Kenya upi uko juu ya mwenzie? Ni fikira kama hizi ndiyo maana hatuendelei because we have misguided patriotism. Na huko kusema naona bidhaa vya nje ni bora wewe unanunua kila kitu made in Tanzania? Niambie vitu vingapi unavyo tumia kila siku vimetengenezwa Tanzania kama wewe unaona kila kitu ilimradi kimetengenezwa Tanzania ni bora? Mimi sijakata tamaa ndiyo maana nikasema watanzania wenzangu tuamke. Na mimi sibabaikii Kingereza chao kwa sababu mimi mwenyewe najua Kiingereza sasa nione ajabu gani wao kuongea Kiingereza? Hapa tunaongelea uchumi wewe unasema Kiingereza, Kiingereza ni uchumi? Kama umesoma post yangu vizuri nimesema tukiambiwa sehemu fulani ina maendeleo kuliko sisi iwe ndiyo motivation ya kufanya vizuri zaidi. Kutetea kitu simply because it's Tanzanian haisaidiii. Inaelekea hata post haujasoma vizuri na kama nilivyosema mwanzo you are talking with passion not logic. Nimesema watanzania inabidi tuamke wewe unasema nimekata tamaa.Unasema naona kila kilicho nje ni bora wakati wewe mwenyewe asilimia kubwa ya vitu unavyo tumia kila siku havija tengenezwa Tanzania. Unataka kusema kwa sababu kitu ni cha nje basi tukione ni kibaya? Hiyo ya Kiingereza for your information I have good English and if it's anyone going gaga over English then it's you because you have presumed straight away that for me English is a measure of one's economy which is clearly something that was on your mind and not mine. It is time we worked to achieve. Today even countries like Rwanda are considered to e moving forward faster than as and all you are thinking about is defending something that is not there? If you were a real patriot you would encourage Tanzanians to do more rather than just simply defending everything. Ndiyo wote nyie mta support mauaji ya albino just because imefanyika Tanzania. The fact remains that in general Kenya's economy is higher than ours and this is not looking at individuals. If we weren't our country to move forward we should give each others ideas on how to build our economy instead of being sensitive every time we here another country has a better economy than us.

Its pretty obvious that Kenya is way ahead of us in many aspects. Some Tanzanians have a self esteem issue. Always ready to attack just for the sake of attacking. Yes, Kenya probably has worse slums. Yes they have civil unrest. Yes they also have poor people. But was that the point of the article? The point remains that its an attractive place to do business compared to its neighbours. Give props when due.

Trying to aimlessly defend Tanzania is not helping but crippling the country people. And until the majority of us realise that, we'll forever be the bitter sibling. Its sad but true.

Ugonjwa gani wa kuona kila cha nje ni bora? Hebu ongea logically an not out of passion. Sasa kama kitu ni obvious nisiseme? Uchumi wa Tanzania na Kenya upi uko juu ya mwenzie? Ni fikira kama hizi ndiyo maana hatuendelei because we have misguided patriotism. Na huko kusema naona bidhaa vya nje ni bora wewe unanunua kila kitu made in Tanzania? Niambie vitu vingapi unavyo tumia kila siku vimetengenezwa Tanzania kama wewe unaona kila kitu ilimradi kimetengenezwa Tanzania ni bora? Mimi sijakata tamaa ndiyo maana nikasema watanzania wenzangu tuamke. Na mimi sibabaikii Kingereza chao kwa sababu mimi mwenyewe najua Kiingereza sasa nione ajabu gani wao kuongea Kiingereza? Hapa tunaongelea uchumi wewe unasema Kiingereza, Kiingereza ni uchumi? Kama umesoma post yangu vizuri nimesema tukiambiwa sehemu fulani ina maendeleo kuliko sisi iwe ndiyo motivation ya kufanya vizuri zaidi. Kutetea kitu simply because it's Tanzanian haisaidiii. Inaelekea hata post haujasoma vizuri na kama nilivyosema mwanzo you are talking with passion not logic. Nimesema watanzania inabidi tuamke wewe unasema nimekata tamaa.Unasema naona kila kilicho nje ni bora wakati wewe mwenyewe asilimia kubwa ya vitu unavyo tumia kila siku havija tengenezwa Tanzania. Unataka kusema kwa sababu kitu ni cha nje basi tukione ni kibaya? Hiyo ya Kiingereza for your information I have good English and if it's anyone going gaga over English then it's you because you have presumed straight away that for me English is a measure of one's economy which is clearly something that was on your mind and not mine. It is time we worked to achieve. Today even countries like Rwanda are considered to e moving forward faster than as and all you are thinking about is defending something that is not there? If you were a real patriot you would encourage Tanzanians to do more rather than just simply defending everything. Ndiyo wote nyie mta support mauaji ya albino just because imefanyika Tanzania. The fact remains that in general Kenya's economy is higher than ours and this is not looking at individuals. If we weren't our country to move forward we should give each others ideas on how to build our economy instead of being sensitive every time we here another country has a better economy than us.

Ndugu yangu tuatuona roho bure hapa, sisi ni tone tu la maji katika Watanzania, Cha muhimu ni kwamba wote tunasema haya kutokana na uchungu wa dhati kwa nchi yetu, si vinginevyo.
lakini nashukuru angalau umepunguza maneno makali dhidi ya watanzania, nadhani ujumbe ulifika vizuri kwako, usijali na wewe wako umefika kwangu.

Ndugu yangu tuatuona roho bure hapa, sisi ni tone tu la maji katika Watanzania, Cha muhimu ni kwamba wote tunasema haya kutokana na uchungu wa dhati kwa nchi yetu, si vinginevyo.
lakini nashukuru angalau umepunguza maneno makali dhidi ya watanzania, nadhani ujumbe ulifika vizuri kwako, usijali na wewe wako umefika kwangu.

Hapo tupo pamoja mkuu. Naipenda Tanzania na wewe unaipenda Tanzania. Kazi kwetu kuiendeleza.

Ukitaka kujua umuhimu wa makalio, kalia kichwa! hahaaa I like this!
kama kwenzetu alivyosema hapo juu ukitaka kujua uzuri wa Tanzania, nenda kaishi kenya kwa only one month , then come back utueleze huo utajiri! wale wenzetu labda wana huo utajiri wa kuwavutia wafanya research wa WB, lakini kwa mwananchi wa kawaida wa kenya majority ni masikini tena wa kutupwa, bongo bado iko juu tu hata waseme tupo mkiani! wao wanataka kutuchanga na ripoti zao ili tuwape hadi ikulu yetu bure??? pamoja na kupewa kila kitu kwa bei karibu na bure bado tu tuambiwe eti our country is still not attractive place to do business! watuachie nchi yetu bwana tutafika tu! of course tunajua bdo safari ni ndefu

Ukitaka kujua umuhimu wa makalio, kalia kichwa! hahaaa I like this!
kama kwenzetu alivyosema hapo juu ukitaka kujua uzuri wa Tanzania, nenda kaishi kenya kwa only one month , then come back utueleze huo utajiri! wale wenzetu labda wana huo utajiri wa kuwavutia wafanya research wa WB, lakini kwa mwananchi wa kawaida wa kenya majority ni masikini tena wa kutupwa, bongo bado iko juu tu hata waseme tupo mkiani! wao wanataka kutuchanga na ripoti zao ili tuwape hadi ikulu yetu bure??? pamoja na kupewa kila kitu kwa bei karibu na bure bado tu tuambiwe eti our country is still not attractive place to do business! watuachie nchi yetu bwana tutafika tu! of course tunajua bdo safari ni ndefu
MWANGA,
Do we really need this, seriously? The name dropping is sickening, has Kenya become a parameter on which you measure your success or failure for that matter. What happened to the brotherly love we had back in the nineties. what would have happened if this report had lumped up Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania at the bottom, would the denial have reduced to the minimum, would some of you have celebrated because Kenya is at the bottom with the rest of y'all, would this be a topic worth our time and energy?

To those trying to deny the credibility of this report, have you tried and read the whole thing, and try to understand what it means instead of reading a bad motive behind the ranking? Why do you think the writers were supposedly biased on Tanzania, what benefits were they seeking that they were denied? Do you think Tanzania would beat South Africa if the ranking was 'fair'?

Keep the hate to a minimum.

Dear my friends Tanzanians, I salute you all.
The report about Kenya competitive capacity has attracted my attention. I am in Kenya right now, and I have stayed here for five years consecutively. It is true that some few Kenyans are very rich, but majority are poor, even poorer then we are. It is true then that in the cities especially Nairobi city is richer then many of our cities such Dar, Arusha or Mwanza. But majority of the towns and villages in Kenya are poorer then most of our villages in Tanzania. People are beggars every where you go, but no one is taking care of his/her brother or sister. People are dying with hunger, waiting for the red cross to help them. such a thing will be very really find in Tz.
Nairobi is the beautiful city, but it has more then five slums around it, and the first biggest slum in Africa (Kibera) is found in Nairobi city. Most of you my friends you don't know what slum mean or looks like. Just to give you a mental picture; in a slum like kibera, it is hardly to get a toilet. If you like have your "ramble", a plastic bag. After you finish keep it until night to throw our in Nairobi River. That is development.
It is true also that Nairobi or Kenya has many industries compared to Tz. But try to investigate; whose those industries? who own them? Not Kenyans but either British, Indians, Americans, and other business people from abroad who have invested in Kenya. Kenyans are just managers, workers and producers. or they do share some potions in those big companies, hospitals, schools, industries, etc.
It is true again that Kenya has very good climate which attract investors and tourists. When you talk about Kenya, then we talking about Nairobi and some few town pockets. The rest of the northern Kenya is as if it is not Kenya. No passable roads, no water, no food, electricity, generally no life, but the same Kenya, that is fun, eh!!!!
Our big problem we Tanzanians, though most of us don't like to see and agree with this that we are like in "cocoon", we are just for ourselves. We can not dear to compete with the rest of the world. Why? One of the reason is that we are limited in communication with others, our language is the barrier when we want to express ourselves to others who are not like ourselves. Swahili is good, it is ours, but is it domesticated language. It will take us much time to universalize our language. The fact is that when we prepare ourselves, the global village is running very fast to over take us. That is why we a legging behind, not the Kenyans, but to the global village.
We have many good things, yes. But they are undeveloped, unharvested to the maximum. Why? one of the reason is poor technology and skills. We fair to transfare or transmit the already existing knowledge and the newly invented ones. I see the way Kenyans struggling to imitate us Tanzanians in many spheres of life e.g. in bongo flava, in religious songs, even in Swahili language. But it will take them some time to catchup with us in such fields.
Another thing which hinders us is size of our country. It is wide with semi arid areas. So we need good plan and planners who can implement the planning efficiently. Let us leave dirty politics of Kenyans, let us concentrate on development of people and things. Let us construct infrastructures, not only to the towns, but wherever needed. infrastructures like feeder road, water, electricity, telephones, etc. It is true that Kenyans have most of these things, but to whom and where? It is for the rich and it is only in town. No electricity, water, roads etc at Kibera slum though it is within the city whereby there are million of people living there.
Let us compete in games and sports. We are no longer in the map of other nations. Why? I just hear Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, and so one. Where are the Taifa stars, Simba, Yanga and the rest? We are so used ourselves and we fear and hide ourselves before the global village. We are so used to the village life, we can not dare to go in town fearing noise of cars, lights and tall building that they fall on us. Come up, they are human beings like use. Let us transform ourselves from crowing to flying. It is true that Kenyans are prepared to take off, what about us. We should go the international sports, market, business, global educational standards. Come out and see the sun. Do not thing whatever we see in dark places is the source of light. It is just a kindle, lamp, star or just a moon. Come out and see the sun, the source of knowledge, the real naked truth.
My time is over and I am rushing. But I wish you all by brothers and sisters Tanzanians, a pleasant stay, enjoy your peace which is really felt somewhere else.
Amani Nyoni.
Duh! Unfathomable.

MIIC praises RMB's ranking Egypt as best African country to invest in 2019 - Daily News Egypt

ALLLL the WAY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kyba.JPG
kenya ba.JPG

Dear my friends Tanzanians, I salute you all.
The report about Kenya competitive capacity has attracted my attention. I am in Kenya right now, and I have stayed here for five years consecutively. It is true that some few Kenyans are very rich, but majority are poor, even poorer then we are. It is true then that in the cities especially Nairobi city is richer then many of our cities such Dar, Arusha or Mwanza. But majority of the towns and villages in Kenya are poorer then most of our villages in Tanzania. People are beggars every where you go, but no one is taking care of his/her brother or sister. People are dying with hunger, waiting for the red cross to help them. such a thing will be very really find in Tz.
Nairobi is the beautiful city, but it has more then five slums around it, and the first biggest slum in Africa (Kibera) is found in Nairobi city. Most of you my friends you don't know what slum mean or looks like. Just to give you a mental picture; in a slum like kibera, it is hardly to get a toilet. If you like have your "ramble", a plastic bag. After you finish keep it until night to throw our in Nairobi River. That is development.
It is true also that Nairobi or Kenya has many industries compared to Tz. But try to investigate; whose those industries? who own them? Not Kenyans but either British, Indians, Americans, and other business people from abroad who have invested in Kenya. Kenyans are just managers, workers and producers. or they do share some potions in those big companies, hospitals, schools, industries, etc.
It is true again that Kenya has very good climate which attract investors and tourists. When you talk about Kenya, then we talking about Nairobi and some few town pockets. The rest of the northern Kenya is as if it is not Kenya. No passable roads, no water, no food, electricity, generally no life, but the same Kenya, that is fun, eh!!!!
Our big problem we Tanzanians, though most of us don't like to see and agree with this that we are like in "cocoon", we are just for ourselves. We can not dear to compete with the rest of the world. Why? One of the reason is that we are limited in communication with others, our language is the barrier when we want to express ourselves to others who are not like ourselves. Swahili is good, it is ours, but is it domesticated language. It will take us much time to universalize our language. The fact is that when we prepare ourselves, the global village is running very fast to over take us. That is why we a legging behind, not the Kenyans, but to the global village.
We have many good things, yes. But they are undeveloped, unharvested to the maximum. Why? one of the reason is poor technology and skills. We fair to transfare or transmit the already existing knowledge and the newly invented ones. I see the way Kenyans struggling to imitate us Tanzanians in many spheres of life e.g. in bongo flava, in religious songs, even in Swahili language. But it will take them some time to catchup with us in such fields.
Another thing which hinders us is size of our country. It is wide with semi arid areas. So we need good plan and planners who can implement the planning efficiently. Let us leave dirty politics of Kenyans, let us concentrate on development of people and things. Let us construct infrastructures, not only to the towns, but wherever needed. infrastructures like feeder road, water, electricity, telephones, etc. It is true that Kenyans have most of these things, but to whom and where? It is for the rich and it is only in town. No electricity, water, roads etc at Kibera slum though it is within the city whereby there are million of people living there.
Let us compete in games and sports. We are no longer in the map of other nations. Why? I just hear Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, and so one. Where are the Taifa stars, Simba, Yanga and the rest? We are so used ourselves and we fear and hide ourselves before the global village. We are so used to the village life, we can not dare to go in town fearing noise of cars, lights and tall building that they fall on us. Come up, they are human beings like use. Let us transform ourselves from crowing to flying. It is true that Kenyans are prepared to take off, what about us. We should go the international sports, market, business, global educational standards. Come out and see the sun. Do not thing whatever we see in dark places is the source of light. It is just a kindle, lamp, star or just a moon. Come out and see the sun, the source of knowledge, the real naked truth.
My time is over and I am rushing. But I wish you all by brothers and sisters Tanzanians, a pleasant stay, enjoy your peace which is really felt somewhere else.
Amani Nyoni.
😮😮😮

Kenya hamna kitu labda kwa watu ambao hawajawahi kufika kule, kinacho wachanganya watu ni ile tabia ya wa Kenya kupenda Ukoloni, koloni...
Ukifika Nairobi utakuta hadi konda wa City hopper (tuseme daladala) kavaa koti eti kama mzungu!! Kunamaeneo watu wanamiliki eneo kama Ukonga nzima mtu mmjoja tena!! ndani kuna kila kitu, barabara za lami, farasi n.k huku kina Wanjiru wengine wako hoooi! lakini ndiyo maendeleo hayo??
Maendeleo ya mtu mmoja mmoja!!
Ripoti za wazungu zina kwaida mno ya kufagilia watu wanaofikiria kama wao!
Mtizamo wako kuhusu Kenya ni wa miaka ya Sabini. Kwa taarifa yako Kenyans educated wanajitambua siyo wa kuyumbishwa.

Mie nilipita chuo, ila sikuwa na meza kila kitu na kukifanya msahafu kama wewe!! Nyie mnaita Uniform makoti kwa sababu mnayaheshimu sana eti mnaonekana wazungu... waaapi!!
Hebu angalia jinsi unavyoongeaa ....bado akili yako inaonekana iko Colonised tu!
Yani mtu kuvaa koti ni ukoloni...maskini...kavae ngozi...ama hyo simi unayotumia katengeza babako..mshamba wa fikra wewe..na kenya bado tutazidi kupaa hta mki post kibera na turkana...
Ukwel tumewazidi..ukwel huaga unauma

Back
Top Bottom