Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Kazi Kwenu (PCCB)

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Siasa' started by Kasheshe, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Kasheshe

Kasheshe JF-Expert Member

Nov 9, 2007
  2. M

Mfwatiliaji JF-Expert Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Ni kweli alisoma doctorate huko america? ilikuwa lini, na je alimaliza masomo? au alikatiza baada ya kuitiwa ulaji.Wanaojua hili tuhabarisheni ili tuanze na title ya dr. kabla ya jina lake. Pia nitashangaa sana kama hakumaliza masomo ili awahi post.

3. FairPlayer

FairPlayer JF-Expert Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Ilshapostiwa sehemu hapa hapa hii

4. K

KakindoMaster JF-Expert Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Mkuu

Usishangae kabisa katika nchi za Kisiasa kama Tanzania, Mkuu wa nchi(President) akikupa mkono ni kuwa umepewa PhD kibao za kila nyanja.

5. K

Kalamu JF-Expert Member

Nov 9, 2007
    "All that is said against me is rubbish. I challenge anyoneto make investigations to see for themselves that not a single allegation holds water"

How many viongozi's can make such a powerful statement?

He is a weak anti-corruption czar for sure; but I appreciate his challenge to his detractors.

I think we need to be very careful with people's motives and credibility of sources of information.

6. [​IMG]

PCCB boss also touted over corruption claims

Edward Hosea on spot over corruption claims.

By Damas Kanyabwoya
    The person and director general of the Prevention and Combating of Corruption Bureau (PCCB) is now on spot over involvement of grant allegations touted on the Internet.

The claims include ownership of a house in the United States of America and members his family�his wife and children who also live in affluence the US as well but with forged travel documents according to the touted graft allegations.
    However, Edward Hosea has come out of the shell seeking to clear his name against corruption allegations that have posted on the Internet and other communication channels.

Speaking with The Citizen after the conclusion of the General Budget Support forum where he presented a paper on corruption, Mr Hosea said the allegations are meant to tarnish his image and weaken his resolve to fight the vice in the country.

"All that is said against me is rubbish. I challenge anyone to make investigations to see for themselves that not a single allegation holds water," he told The Citizen in an exclusive interview held on the sideline of the review meeting.

Apparently development partners and other stakeholders attending the GBS forum had also asked him to respond to the allegations, which he did.

"The debate was very hot in the meeting, but I managed to reply to all questions regarding the graft allegations. And they all were very satisfied by my explanation," he later said.

According to the allegations circulating on the 'Net', Mr Hosea owns a house in the United States and has sent his wife and two children to the US on forged documents. Also, according to the allegations, Barrick Gold Co. built Mr Hosea a multibillion-shilling house in Mbezi Beach and also gave him an undisclosed amount of money as an inducement to interfere in a court case. The allegations further say that Mr Hosea is in the payroll of one Dar es Salaam businessman, and that he forces those taken to court for corruption to use his law company.

Mr Hosea said it was not true that Barrick built him a multibillion-shilling house. "Go and see my house it is a very simple house. It is not a multibillion shilling house and it was not built by Barrick," he affirmed.

The PCCB chieftain said he does not own a house in the US, but his family is renting one, which they can afford since despite studying they are also working on a part-time basis.

"I and my family were living in the US. I was doing my doctorate studies before I was called back in the country to take this position. And renting a house in the US is not as expensive as some people might think," he said.

He said he does not have any business relationship with and does not receive any money from the Dar businessman. As regards his law company he said anyone can very easily go to the courts and check records to see if his company handles any corruption related cases.

Presenting a paper at the GBS meeting on government efforts to tackle corruption, Mr Hosea said currently PCCB is working on various allegations of corruption that were made by the opposition and the media.

He said PCCB is doing this despite the fact that some of the allegations "are intended to smear and portray a bad image on the government and mudslinging certain individuals for personal or political gains."

PCCB is working on those allegations guided by laws of Tanzania, he said listing the areas it is probing as the radar deal with BAe, the Bank of Tanzania twin towers scandal, Alex Stewart (Assayers), the Buzwagi contract, Mchuchuma mining deal and the Mwananchi Gold deal.

Others are Meremeta Gold Ltd, Tangold Ltd, Mwananchi Trust Co. Ltd, Chimela Co. Ltd, and VMB Holdings Co. Ltd.

Mr Hosea said since January this year 6088 pieces of information have been received and 133 corruption cases filed in court, with 26 convictions.
    "Cases filed in the court by September 2007 have increased by 9.9 per cent against the year 2006, while in 2007 convictions rose by 13 per cent compared to the earlier period," he told the GBS meeting participants.

He said the government plans to hold a national debate that will factor in the review of the Elections Act and the Political Parties Act and its relation to the Prevention and Combating of Corruption Act, No. 11 of 2007 in order to regulate political parties'funding and elections expenditure.

The government also intends to enact the Whistleblowers Act. "A cabinet paper is being drafted by the ministry of state (President's Office) Good Governance," he said. A plan to establish the National Anti Corruption Forum has been completed, he further stated, noting that the minister for Good Governance will officially communicate it to stakeholders as part of NACSAP II implementation.

One of the challenges faced by PCCB was a lack of funds to facilitate investigations in grand corruption cases that are very expensive to investigate and tend to take time, he said. Another challenge for PCCB is engaging of the judiciary, political parties and Parliament on their role to prevent and curb corruption, particularly through awareness on provisions of the new PCCB Act, the director added. By Damas Kanyabwoya
    The person and director general of the Prevention and Combating of Corruption Bureau (PCCB) is now on spot over involvement of grant allegations touted on the Internet.

The claims include ownership of a house in the United States of America and members his family�his wife and children who also live in affluence the US as well but with forged travel documents according to the touted graft allegations.
    However, Edward Hosea has come out of the shell seeking to clear his name against corruption allegations that have posted on the Internet and other communication channels.

Speaking with The Citizen after the conclusion of the General Budget Support forum where he presented a paper on corruption, Mr Hosea said the allegations are meant to tarnish his image and weaken his resolve to fight the vice in the country.

"All that is said against me is rubbish. I challenge anyone to make investigations to see for themselves that not a single allegation holds water," he told The Citizen in an exclusive interview held on the sideline of the review meeting.

Apparently development partners and other stakeholders attending the GBS forum had also asked him to respond to the allegations, which he did.

"The debate was very hot in the meeting, but I managed to reply to all questions regarding the graft allegations. And they all were very satisfied by my explanation," he later said.

According to the allegations circulating on the 'Net', Mr Hosea owns a house in the United States and has sent his wife and two children to the US on forged documents. Also, according to the allegations, Barrick Gold Co. built Mr Hosea a multibillion-shilling house in Mbezi Beach and also gave him an undisclosed amount of money as an inducement to interfere in a court case. The allegations further say that Mr Hosea is in the payroll of one Dar es Salaam businessman, and that he forces those taken to court for corruption to use his law company.

Mr Hosea said it was not true that Barrick built him a multibillion-shilling house. "Go and see my house it is a very simple house. It is not a multibillion shilling house and it was not built by Barrick," he affirmed.

The PCCB chieftain said he does not own a house in the US, but his family is renting one, which they can afford since despite studying they are also working on a part-time basis.

"I and my family were living in the US. I was doing my doctorate studies before I was called back in the country to take this position. And renting a house in the US is not as expensive as some people might think," he said.

He said he does not have any business relationship with and does not receive any money from the Dar businessman. As regards his law company he said anyone can very easily go to the courts and check records to see if his company handles any corruption related cases.

Presenting a paper at the GBS meeting on government efforts to tackle corruption, Mr Hosea said currently PCCB is working on various allegations of corruption that were made by the opposition and the media.

He said PCCB is doing this despite the fact that some of the allegations "are intended to smear and portray a bad image on the government and mudslinging certain individuals for personal or political gains."

PCCB is working on those allegations guided by laws of Tanzania, he said listing the areas it is probing as the radar deal with BAe, the Bank of Tanzania twin towers scandal, Alex Stewart (Assayers), the Buzwagi contract, Mchuchuma mining deal and the Mwananchi Gold deal.

Others are Meremeta Gold Ltd, Tangold Ltd, Mwananchi Trust Co. Ltd, Chimela Co. Ltd, and VMB Holdings Co. Ltd.

Mr Hosea said since January this year 6088 pieces of information have been received and 133 corruption cases filed in court, with 26 convictions.
    "Cases filed in the court by September 2007 have increased by 9.9 per cent against the year 2006, while in 2007 convictions rose by 13 per cent compared to the earlier period," he told the GBS meeting participants.

He said the government plans to hold a national debate that will factor in the review of the Elections Act and the Political Parties Act and its relation to the Prevention and Combating of Corruption Act, No. 11 of 2007 in order to regulate political parties'funding and elections expenditure.

The government also intends to enact the Whistleblowers Act. "A cabinet paper is being drafted by the ministry of state (President's Office) Good Governance," he said. A plan to establish the National Anti Corruption Forum has been completed, he further stated, noting that the minister for Good Governance will officially communicate it to stakeholders as part of NACSAP II implementation.

One of the challenges faced by PCCB was a lack of funds to facilitate investigations in grand corruption cases that are very expensive to investigate and tend to take time, he said. Another challenge for PCCB is engaging of the judiciary, political parties and Parliament on their role to prevent and curb corruption, particularly through awareness on provisions of the new PCCB Act, the director added.