Kampala: Mityana Police recover child's head

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
By Luke Kagiri

The police in Mityana are stuck with the head of a three-week old child recovered from Namukozi-Piida village in Mityana town council on Sunday.

According to Faith Apio, the CID chief at Mityana police station they acted after a tip off from residents in village. She said after the police recovered the head, they took it to Mityana hospital mortuary.

On Monday Alex Ssemuyaga and some of his relatives went to the police station to claim the head for burial.

Asked to prove whether it was his child, Ssemuyaga said the features on the head proved that it was his three-week old son.

“I had seen my child a few times because I do not stay with the mother but I knew him very well and all the features,” Ssemuyaga said.

He identified the child's mother only as Maura who he said had been living with her mother called Kankunda. He said the two had gone since Saturday last week and he suspected that it was his child.

Sources at the police station however said Ssemuyaga was recently arrested in connection with a case concerning Maura which was later settled out of court.

Back
Top Bottom