John Terry retires from international football

TONGONI

JF-Expert Member
Feb 18, 2011
Chelsea defender and former England captain John Terry has announced his retirement from international football.

892185-14942029-640-360.jpg

Chelsea defender and former England captain John Terry has announced his retirement from international football.

Chelsea captain Terry announced his immediate retirement from international football, accusing the FA of making his position "untenable".

The 31-year-old said in a statement: "I am today announcing my retirement from international football.

"I would like to thank the England managers who have selected me for my 78 caps. have had great pleasure in sharing that honour with all the players that I've played with. I would like to thank them, the fans and my family for their support and encouragement during my international career.

"Representing and captaining my country is what I dreamed of as a boy and it has been a truly great honour. I have always given my all and it breaks my heart to make this decision. I want to wish Roy (Hodgson) and the team every success for the future.

"I am making this statement today in advance of the hearing of the FA disciplinary charge because I feel the FA, in pursuing charges against me where I have already been cleared in a court of law, have made my position with the national team untenable."

Dah ndio hivyo tena we kubali tu kaka hilo li FA linakufatilia sana
Ni uamuzi wa busara wengine waige

[h=1]John Terry retires from international play rather than face racism hearing[/h] For someone with a litany of shame as long as John Terry's, it should come as no surprise that the England defender should end his international career by walking out on his country.
201209151111402912580-p2.jpg
Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand, left, is marked by Chelsea's John Terry. (AP)Terry announced on Sunday night he would no longer make himself available for England national team duty, citing an impending disciplinary hearing related to allegations of racist abuse directed at an opposing player last season.
While a British court cleared Terry of criminal charges over his verbal clash with Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand, English soccer's governing body, The Football Association, ordered its own inquest into the events that took place during QPR's 1-0 victory over Terry's Chelsea last October.

"I am today announcing my retirement from international football," Terry said in a statement.

"I am making this statement today in advance of the hearing of the FA disciplinary charge because I feel the FA, in pursuing charges against me where I have already been cleared in a court of law, have made my position with the national team untenable."

Soma zaidi: John Terry retires from international play rather than face racism hearing - Yahoo! Sports

Heartbroken: John Terry was sad to leave the international fold
John Terry last night quit *international football – just hours before he faces an FA inquisition for allegedly racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.The Chelsea and former England skipper described the decision as “heart-breaking” and accused FA chiefs of a vendetta over the *Ferdinand affair which saw him stripped of the Three Lions captaincy in February.
Terry said: “I’m today announcing my retirement from international football.“I’d like to thank the England managers who have selected me for my 78 caps. I’ve had great pleasure in sharing that honour with all the players I’ve played with. “I’d like to thank them, the fans and my family for their support and encouragement during my international career. *Representing and captaining my country is what I dreamed of as a boy and it has been a truly great honour.
Snubbed: Anton Ferdinand refuses to shake hands with John Terry

“I’ve always given my all and it breaks my heart to make this decision. I want to wish Roy [Hodgson] and the team every success for the future. “I’m making this *statement today in advance of the hearing of the FA *disciplinary charge because I feel The FA, in pursuing charges against me where I have already been cleared in a court of law, have made my position with the national team untenable.”

Terry, 31, was acquitted at his trial at *Westminster *Magistrates in July. He believed the “Not Guilty” verdict *delivered by Senior District Judge Howard Riddle should have spelled the end of the matter.
But two weeks later the FA charged him with using abusive language which “included a reference to ethic origin, colour or race” during the QPR v Chelsea clash last October

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom