Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Jimwage, jisifie, jifigalie, jitukuze.. La si hivyo hutukuzwi na mtu...

Discussion in 'Tech, Gadgets & Science Forum' started by redSilverDog, Jan 5, 2011.

1. redSilverDog

redSilverDog JF-Expert Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Wanateke linalo kujia,
    Hi thread nimepost ili watu wa ICT wamwage sifa zao, wabobea maswala gani katika IT na wametengeza nini. kama programa wajua languages gani na gani na umetengeza nini au netwaka.

HACKERS, MY FELLOW NERDS AND GEEKS,ITS OUR TIME to ..... watever!

Code:

public function greetings(){
      Nerd redSilverDog = new Nerd();
      redSilverDog.welcome(all);
    }

class nerd(){
      public function welcome(){
      shout "HELLO PEOPLE!";
    }
    }

2. drphone

drphone JF-Expert Member

Jan 6, 2011
    yani bado cjakuele kuanzia kichwa cha habari, maelezo yako ebu nifafanulie

3. CalvinPower

CalvinPower JF-Expert Member

Jan 6, 2011
    dokta Mchizi anataka wale wenye elimu ya ICT wamwage mambo yao humu. sithani kama watakubali kuweka kazi zao humu.Inawachukua muda sana kutengeneza/kubuni kazi,

4. Good Guy

Good Guy JF-Expert Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Niiicee

5. k

kotinkarwak JF-Expert Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Nadhani best approach for showing talent is to have a meaty project that folks here can work on and present to the group for critique. Remember the critique will and should always be viewed and importantly presented to assist the developer(s) to improve the product, their knowledge etc. I also believe it would be a good point to bring together people from different ICT backgrounds in working on similar project(s).

My suggestion would hence be to look at what can be demonstrated to try and show how the many problems we face from service providers, be it government or private entities can be resolved as appropriately by invocation of ICT.

What come to mind is the dire and shoddy web sites that front the operations of the various organisations. Any web developer to show us with mock-ups of what these entities should be aiming at? Are there any service sector solutions that can improve our services (Just read one on Michuzi about TANESCO and the extortionate charging for site visits be it by some operators, my immediate query was, What is the process for requesting connection for the service, Once paid for the service, should I be the one chasing then for site visits and connections, or should I just avail myself on given appointment dates at my site for the engineers visit(s). Within the organisation, do they have a dashboard to show their pending jobs, their performance etc etc. And where the public is concerned, can we have access to this stats to know how best we are being served by the monopoly. (Sorry, me ranting there…) what are the SLA I should be getting from the provider… many many questions and solutions I believe ICT minds can figure out how to eradicate them.

ICT folks, mkionyesha kuwa mnaweza, I believe projects moja moja zitaanza kuwa implemented in institutions opening up a whole new sector in the country sio tu zilizotengenezwa SA, India, West etc etc.

While am on this topic, should JF create a new category for this?

6. edjizzo

edjizzo Member

Jan 7, 2011
    daa sijui tu kushauri vp unajua hapa si jukwaa la malumbano kwani ni kuelweshana na kusaidiana lakini navyo oona maendeleo katika technology nzima na science tanzania kwake uwa ina kuwa kama taarabu na kutupiana majungu mtindo huo ume chemsha

7. redSilverDog

Jan 7, 2011
    lengo ni kutaja uwezo wako na applications gani umedevelop....

8. CalvinPower

Jan 7, 2011
  9. redSilverDog

Jan 8, 2011
    sijaomba mtu aandike source code!

10. k

Jan 8, 2011
    CalvinPower,
    Given that a product write-up/coding would take quite a hefty amount of time to develop and the underlying programming "intelligence/Skill/Knowhow" of the programmer can not be garnered from merely looking at what the product is else, no one would ever release an application in fear that others will write a similar application. In many respects, one needs to look at this in an unselfish way, and in most cases would advertise your application, your expertise to fellow developers and who knows, could bring you custom down the line.
    As suggested by the topic of this thread, we need to see what is out there from the ICT folks in/from Tanzania, this will be changamoto to the "buyers" of ICT services not to bypass the creativity of the local programmers and in itself create an developer eco-system in the local market.

Could I suggest another track to this thread. One that involves partnering with fellow programmers to work on community based projects. These can then be offered as community apps, or where commercial usage is made, a licensing mode can be applied. Again, I would think even the community/non-profit organisations would still find a way of suporting your efforts in real terms as appropriate.

One last word. I think creating positive rapport with like minded folks could prove more profitable than sitting on an idea that could say, be brought to market sooner, with more/better functionality when a team is involved in the development. A real term piece of the action is better than a zero whole.

11. CalvinPower

Jan 8, 2011
    Ni kweli kuwa hawa watu wa ICT wanatumia mda mwingi ilikuelewa kazi zao, in any language. Lakini kama mleta mada alivyosema ingekuwa vizuri kama watu wa ICT wangejimwaga hapa kukawa na discussion na challenges of working with large codebases openly. Hii community itasaidia mtu kukua zaidi kitaaluma. kwahiyo naungana na maelezo yako na nakubali hoja za redSilverdog.
    redSilverdog is right. kuwe na ka-comference cha ICT humu.

12. k

Jan 8, 2011
    Given that the majority of ICT folks in Tanzania wouldn't afford reliable and ample computing might due to costs involved in maintaining and running developer grade computing resources, what I would suggest for the group is to have access to a forum (physical and computing space) at affordable costs to learn and engage with other developers.
    This is something that a forward thinking company should take up as an incubator for skills within its own organisation and as a space for programmers to develop and horn their skills in a well resourced environment.