JF towards 2010 and Beyond: From Venting to Movement

Collectivism, far from being a solution to our problems, could end up being the central theme of our problem.

There is a different between garnering a collective bargaining power and swimming in collectivism thought.

The one thing that makes JF the gem it is is respect for individualism and diversity, as far as you can get from collectivism.

The collectivism in this discussion could be and should be a shared idea or vision of building a better future for Tanzania. When we speak of future, we are saying our kids should be educated, our small industries should provide food, our farmers should benefit from toiling the land, and tanzania citizenship should mean something to its citizens. We want tanzania to redefine itself internally and externally claiming its international position in africa and in international politics. To do that we need to redefine our values, ethics, priorities and strategies. We need to remember why we are called a nation because we are a nation. As individuals despite our differences when we are internally, but as soon as we depart Tanzania, we are only known as Tanzanians. It is our identity, who we are, and we want to better that shared identity.

Our means of attaining that future can differ and should differ, as our being and positions in terms of class, ideology, and interest differ, however, despite our differences our intention to protect the interest of our nation should be the same. So collectivism does not mean homognity, it means different people, of different backgrounds, positions and ideology, for common purpose.

Collectivism, far from being a solution to our problems, could end up being the central theme of our problems.

There is a different between garnering a collective bargaining power and swimming in collectivism thought.

The one thing that makes JF the gem it is is respect for individualism and diversity, as far as you can get from collectivism.

I believe the forum should endorse individuals, not parties, mainly because we do not have the maturity in ideology amongst the parties to guarantee the level of commitment we desire, but we can have a sense of that from individuals, or at the very least we can get a sense of a personal commitment from an individual.

Therefore it should not be against our ethos to endorse a CCM maverick and a CHADEMA revolutionary, so long as it is done in the nations interest.

JF is beyond party politics at large, although CCM is beyond being a party and resemble a Colombian cartel to be truthful, a fact that may disinterest any sane potential supporter.

Ungeambiwa kumpendekeza mtu hapa JF aende kushindania ubunge ungempendekeza nani?

We are a divided bunch! in the name of individualism we have accomplished nothing except some individual voices that have emerged to be influential. A lot more of our members are passive and laid back with a waiting to see and follow mentality.

Kama JF itatumika kumuunga mkono au kumpendekeza mtu fulani, inafanya hivyo katika mfumo gani? Aidha we have to create a mechanism or a form of a structure ambapo will present the official JF entity. What kind of entity should this be?

Yalipotokea matatizo ya JF mwaka jana, I had to go on BBC as "a spokeman" for JF which I was not! I presented a case and people looked at a few of us in that time of uncertainty for some kind of direction, others I know backed down as soon as the gvt said we were in some kind of a terrorist network. If some of us had backed down and went into hiding, I don't know what would have happened.

But since then, we have become a little bit pragmatic and melancholic... But, I believe for the future of this Forum we have to come up with some form of member participation beyond the typing!! How we gonna do that?

We are a divided bunch! in the name of individualism we have accomplished nothing except some individual voices that have emerged to be influential. A lot more of our members are passive and laid back with a waiting to see and follow mentality.

Kama JF itatumika kumuunga mkono au kumpendekeza mtu fulani, inafanya hivyo katika mfumo gani? Aidha we have to create a mechanism or a form of a structure ambapo will present the official JF entity. What kind of entity should this be?

Yalipotokea matatizo ya JF mwaka jana, I had to go on BBC as "a spokeman" for JF which I was not! I presented a case and people looked at a few of us in that time of uncertainty for some kind of direction, others I know backed down as soon as the gvt said we were in some kind of a terrorist network. If some of us had backed down and went into hiding, I don't know what would have happened.

But since then, we have become a little bit pragmatic and melancholic... But, I believe for the future of this Forum we have to come up with some form of member participation beyond the typing!! How we gonna do that?

Mwanakiji,

Kuna natural leaders, let's make JF a marketplace of ideas where the most sound and rigorously tested idea will prevail.Tuna haja ya kufanya some serious reflection na kuja na some kind of manifesto itakayoweka values zetu na criteria ya kumu endorse an individual, these factors should be practical and fair under the prevailing conditions.

Halafu wakati wa uchaguzi tutawachuja wagombea na kuanzisha movement yetu a la moveon.org, complete na vijitabu, vipeperushi, email ikibidi mpaka kofia na fulana.

Mafisadi wakipiga na sisi tunajibu mapigo na kupangua yao.

Mwanakiji,

Kuna natural leaders, let's make JF a marketplace of ideas where the most sound and rigorously tested idea will prevail.Tuna haja ya kufanya some serious reflection na kuja na some kind of manifesto itakayoweka values zetu na criteria ya kumu endorse an individual, these factors should be practical and fair under the prevailing conditions.

Halafu wakati wa uchaguzi tutawachuja wagombea na kuanzisha movement yetu a la moveon.org, complete na vijitabu, vipeperushi, email ikibidi mpaka kofia na fulana.

Mafisadi wakipiga na sisi tunajibu mapigo na kupangua yao.

now you are talking!

Unaposema "tuta" una maana gani? wanachama mmoja mmoja au some sort of an actual organisation? Maana hofu yangu ni kuwa tukiacha mmoja mmoja maana yake tutaendelea kubishana bila kufikia tamati.

Mbona nimeshaeleza kuhusu some sort of moveon.org ya bongo?

kwanza tunafloat ideas hapa, tuna natural leaders mmoja wapo ukiwa wewe.Tunachohitaji ni JF Manifesto, of course kutakuwa na watu watakaotaka ku split hairs kama kila siku lakini at the end of the day majority ita rule na movement ita launch.

This is a challenge for all of us.

Kinachonifurahisha mimi.......JF kuna vichwa kweli kweli........Please at the end of the day....... "lets practice what we preach".......

Mkuu Invisible...
what is your vision kuhusu kuifanya JF kuwa effective tunavyoelekea kwenye uchaguzi?

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live"

-Henry David Thoreau

Unaposema "tuta" una maana gani? wanachama mmoja mmoja au some sort of an actual organisation? Maana hofu yangu ni kuwa tukiacha mmoja mmoja maana yake tutaendelea kubishana bila kufikia tamati.

Mwanakijiji collective responsibility protecting the commons huwa zina free-riding characteristics as what is an outcome is normally a public good. So sometimes we need to have this kind of JF character ya kuleta cooparation zaidi kwa kuelewa the game theory that if people hide their identity they come up with sincere contributions so wenye guts kama wewe na wengine kwakupewa msukumo na ideas za Jf as public opinion wanaweza ku move forward towards actions. So to me bado hapa tulipo we are contributing a lot by being a platform for public discussion and there are so many people ambao kwa ideas generated wanaendelea kusukuma gurudumu la kuwaondoa mafisadi iwe ndani ya serikali yenyewe na ndani ya vyama mbalimbali kila moja akichukua ideas za hapa to suit the specific objectives at individual levels. Cha msingi ni kuendelea kuhamasisha ku advertize the forum ili members wawe wengi na access to information iwe wider to even those who do not have access to internet. Na JF wigo ukipanuka itafaa sana kuonyesha what is public opinion as far as specific issues are concerned.

Basic questions were asked few days ago in relation to participation of JF into political campaign in 2010! There were three basic questions. First, How should we organize our selves to assure effective participation? what kind of activities should we focus on? what should be position of JF in the campaign.

Organization.
I suggest, JF should select 5 individuals or more to present JF in its physical form. That group should include, fundraiser, media strategist (publicity), political advisor, public representative/spokesperson, and linking and networking, and of course the main coordinator.

I think we have two choices of being visible.

One which is my preference, is for JF to work in liason with existing organizations. This means, out of existing civil society organizations, JF will choosing specific organizations with specific skills and agenda to work with. For example, it could partner with haki elimu for civic education, students organizations for presidential debates, TGNP, TAMWA, TAWLA for women's candidate issues. TYVA, YUNA and other youth organizations to support young candidates and youth agenda's.

What is needed here is to articulate agendas of JF, and negotiate or developed a joint agenda with other parties. All we need is plans, funds, and mutual agreement of participation from other civil society organizations. therefore, when the event is organized is called upon the name of registered organization in partnership with JF. What i am not sure of, is weather, civil societies in tanzania can participate in political activities! They should be, especially if the campaign is going to focus on positions and agenda!

The second approach, could be to register JF under act which can allow it to be political active. We only need about five people for registration. Registering the institute could be a second option if working with other institutions is almost impossible. however, if registered its approach should also focusing in linking and networking with other institutions to push its agenda. Registration of JF could be more ideal if we are to think about endorsing specific candidates.

Activities.

convice specific people to run for position

motivate - young people and working class to vote (i think this should be our target) - giving the fact our network might be too young to hit up to the grassroots.

Fundraising for its activities and specific candidates

publicity - JF agenda and those individuals will believe in

Presidential debate!

Organize specific rallies - to reach the grassroots

Our positions - to name the few

Moral and Ethics - corruption issues

Agriculture & small producers

Minerals

etc

Basic questions were asked few days ago in relation to participation of JF into political campaign in 2010! There were three basic questions. First, How should we organize our selves to assure effective participation? what kind of activities should we focus on? what should be position of JF in the campaign.

Organization.
I suggest, JF should select 5 individuals or more to present JF in its physical form. That group should include, fundraiser, media strategist (publicity), political advisor, public representative/spokesperson, and linking and networking, and of course the main coordinator.

I think we have two choices of being visible.

One which is my preference, is for JF to work in liason with existing organizations. This means, out of existing civil society organizations, JF will choosing specific organizations with specific skills and agenda to work with. For example, it could partner with haki elimu for civic education, students organizations for presidential debates, TGNP, TAMWA, TAWLA for women's candidate issues. TYVA, YUNA and other youth organizations to support young candidates and youth agenda's.

What is needed here is to articulate agendas of JF, and negotiate or developed a joint agenda with other parties. All we need is plans, funds, and mutual agreement of participation from other civil society organizations. therefore, when the event is organized is called upon the name of registered organization in partnership with JF. What i am not sure of, is weather, civil societies in tanzania can participate in political activities! They should be, especially if the campaign is going to focus on positions and agenda!

The second approach, could be to register JF under act which can allow it to be political active. We only need about five people for registration. Registering the institute could be a second option if working with other institutions is almost impossible. however, if registered its approach should also focusing in linking and networking with other institutions to push its agenda. Registration of JF could be more ideal if we are to think about endorsing specific candidates.

Activities.

convice specific people to run for position

motivate - young people and working class to vote (i think this should be our target) - giving the fact our network might be too young to hit up to the grassroots.

Fundraising for its activities and specific candidates

publicity - JF agenda and those individuals will believe in

Presidential debate!

Organize specific rallies - to reach the grassroots

Our positions - to name the few

Moral and Ethics - corruption issues

Agriculture & small producers

Minerals

etc

Thank you for this one. At least you tackled my questions head on. Sijui wengine wana mawazo gani? Time is running short.

Thank you for this one. At least you tackled my questions head on. Sijui wengine wana mawazo gani? Time is running short.

Muda umeenda kweli kweli, lakini kama tutafikia maamuzi ndani ya May tutakuwa hatujachelewa.

Nachoshauri, pokea mawazo kutoa kwa watu, halafu fuata lile wazo lako la kwanza la kumuomba admin kufungua a link ambayo watu wenye majina halisi watapenda kuingia huko ili swala lijadiliwe kwa kina. Hiyo inaweza kuanza leo.

Pili nadhani ungeanzisha thread tatu tofauti, kuongelea maswala ya organization, nyingine positions and agenda ya JF, and other activities we wish to undertake during elections.

Cha msingi hapa katika kila three mtu aandike kwa kifupi tu mawazo yao juu ya maswala hayo matatu. Toa muda watu wa kutoa mawazo, kisha fanya majumuisho, urudishe hayo mawazo hapa tena ili tuamue tunaendelea vipi!

Nadhani kwa kuwa umeanzisha hili wazo, ni vyema uchukue nafasi kuliendeleza!

Nadhani kwa kuwa umeanzisha hili wazo, ni vyema uchukue nafasi kuliendeleza!

ooh.. no.. hili ni suala la watu wengine JF. Mimi kama nilivyokwisha sema katika mipango yangu nina njia zangu na namna yangu ambayo nimeamua kutoka kulalamika kuelekea kuhamasika. Watu wa JF wana sababu ya kujiorganize na kufikiria jinsi ya kwenda mbele au kuendelea kubakia walipo. Mimi nimechokoza mawazo tu na inaonekana ni wachache wanaofikiria kitu zaidi ya kujadiliana tu. So, Petu Hapa.. yawezekana hili jukumu itabidi ujitwishe na sisi wengine tutaunga mkono kwa namna yote tunayoweza.

d. Would you consider it to be sufficient or not sufficient to have just a forum where people would vent their daily anger and frustrations knowing that they are anonymous and hence a little bit comfortable to do that? Should we ask the MoDs to have a section where members who uses their real names and titles to participate? Other regulations might be needed.
Cautiously so,the hierachy starts right here, needless to say the regulations shall and will be an impediment, na usiri usiri ambao ndiyo tunayo yavumbua! Tutaonekana na hata kuwa manduminakuwili JF!

Hao wenye majina yao wawepo tu kama walivyo! Ni wajasiri na hivyo basi sioni sababu wawe kwenye section ambayo naamini kwa wasomaji wengi hapa JF itakuwa vigumu 'kuwaona'(sic),na hata kupata michango yao-ni ukiritimba tunaojaribu kuumbua.

Other wise JF bado ni nguvu, The movement is "Where We Dare talk Openly"!
Naamini vuguvugu hili litachemka tu.

ooh.. no.. hili ni suala la watu wengine JF. Watu wa JF wana sababu ya kujiorganize na kufikiria jinsi ya kwenda mbele au kuendelea kubakia walipo.

You are right! The forum must decide how does it want to organize itself on the coming election. The idea of forming an entity might be scary, and a lot of huddle to stumble on, however, i believe it is critical to act. Until the JF decide, we will continue on our individuality.

So, Petu Hapa.. yawezekana hili jukumu itabidi ujitwishe na sisi wengine tutaunga mkono kwa namna yote tunayoweza.

My card is a little a bit wild! Not good idea at all for now. But i will be there, if i am needed to contribute on specific matter. however, not on the whole leadership. My hands are little bit tide up.

JF,

common! talk to me! is there anything you want JF to do on the coming election?

well.. back to the questions! I really hate this.

I know it is vicious cycle! however for JF to assume its representation its member at least should say what it want to do. Then the rest will follow.

JF

Common, it is important we decide what we want to do and how we want to do it! If we don't want to do anything that might be a character of JF, so those who want to do something maybe they should concentrate on other platform. For those who don't want the forum to do anything, just say it plain and simple "NO".

this is depressing.. and I don't get depressed easily. Nadhani, mwenye uwezo wakufanya kitu afanye kuliko kusubiriana au kujaribu kuunganisha nguvu. Meanwhile, mafisadi na uzao wao wanaunganisha nguvu zao na watashinda tena kwa kishindo. Halafu tutarudii hapa na kuanza kujaribu kuelezea mshangao wetu kwa jinsi gani wameshinda.

ndicho ninachoogopa; tutabakia kusubiri kuchemka badala ya kuwasha moto! Nani atawasha moto?

Moto Umeshawasha mkuu!

Mie binafsi nipo kwenye harakati hizo, lakini hiyo 'Movement' nafikiri kuna baadhi wameshatoa mawazo au kauli ambazo naungana nazo(hususan za Petu Hapa) isipokuwa wasi wasi wangu ni pale JF kama ilivyo(ventiful), na kama tutaendelea 'kuvent' mioto kama inavyojulikana.

JF kama Jukwaa, ndilo linabidi lichemke maradufu, ikija kwa watu binafsi naamini kuna waliochemka na walio na moto!

Aksante

Back
Top Bottom