Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Jeneral Ulimwengu awapa ujumbe mzito akina JK na wengine Barani Afrika

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Siasa' started by Zak Malang, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Zak Malang

Zak Malang JF-Expert Member

Aug 1, 2011

Jenerali Ulimwengu amekuja tena na ujumbe mzito kwa tawala za aina ya kina JK, Mutharika, Mugabe, Museveni……ooh orodha ni ndefu sana. Kama hawakusikia ya akina Ben Ali na Mubarak sijui wana uwezo wa kusikia nini?

Nime-highlight sehemu ambazo ni thought-provoking – ingawa kuhusu suala la national dialogue pia katika Afrika limeonyesha haliwezekani. Mfano ni Kenya, Zimbabwe na Ivory Coast (kipindi cha Gbagbo). Zanzibar yetu yaweza kufuata?

Big up Jenerali kwa kuwakumbusha-kumbusha jamaa hawa maana huwa wanajisahau kabisa.

Heed the teachings of Jesus and listen to what the Arab street is saying

By JENERALI ULIMWENGU

The teachings of Nabii Issa bin Maryam, otherwise known as Our Lord Jesus of Nazareth, abound for all those who care to listen. One of his injunctions, which might sound so ordinary as to attract little attention, was, "Those who have ears, hear!" I don't quite remember if he added something about those who have eyes seeing. But we may assume that it was adequately subsumed in the hearing part. He could also have advised those who have senses to feel.

I take this part of the teachings of that great Palestinian sage as an invitation to people who have faculties of hearing, seeing and feeling to put those faculties to good use, otherwise they would amount to a waste. What use are perfect eyes if their "wearer" does not use them to see, and what use ears if all they do is dangle on each side of your face?

But it's clear to me that some people are just unable to hear even the most throbbing sounds of drums right outside their windows, or see the blinding flashes of lightning exploding on the doorstep of the pupils of their eyes.

In case you may be wondering what I'm alluding to, this is it: For about half a year we have witnessed a string of uprisings in the Arab world, where hundreds of thousands of citizens have been taking to the streets to protest against their rulers, demanding profound changes in the way their countries are governed. These protests have so far felled two regimes and a number of others are tottering on the brink.

Those who have listened to the voice of the Arab street have been able to isolate at least three messages from the protesters: One is democratic governance and an end to dynastic practices wherein young men who took over power 40 years ago and have clung to it by sheer brutal determination now looked like they wanted to pass it on to their undeserving offspring to ensure a certain immortality for themselves.

The other is corruption, that canker that has been gnawing at the very fabric of our African societies, sapping our humanity, brutalising our consciences and sabotaging our very fragile states. Corruption has taken varied forms and expressions in the respective countries concerned, but one factor has remained near universal: The ruling families have always been at the centre of the rot, plundering their countries' treasuries and whatever else they can lay their thieving hands on.

Another factor has been the untenably hard lives that the citizens are leading, especially with the soaring food and fuel prices. The lives of the common man and woman have been deteriorating year in year out, poverty becoming more endemic and dehumanising. This ever-deepening misery of the popular masses has been so much more remarkable when juxtaposed with the opulence in which their rulers were, or are still living.

So, in very short order, we saw the departure of Ben Ali and Mubarak, both hounded out of town by people who just the other day had held them in unmitigated awe. In the other countries, where the rulers have tried to tenaciously weather the storm, uneasy lies the head that wears the turban.

Now, if I were the ruler of an African country I would have paid particular attention to the Arab street and taken serious heed of the lessons emanating from there. I would have worried about some of the practices in my own country that had any resemblance with what those Arab throngs have been opposing.

I would, maybe, find a way to institute a national dialogue that would bring together all the vital forces of my country with a view to charting out a better future, at least for our children. If it meant apologising I would do just that, ask for forgiveness for the transgressions of the past, wipe the slate clean and look to march into the future with a clearer conscience.

This is what Bingu wa Mutharika of Malawi is seemingly unable to hear or see, at the risk of going the way of Ben Ali and Mubarak.

Source: The East African

2. Zak Malang

Zak Malang JF-Expert Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Ndo zake hizi Jenerali, daima huwashika akina magamba pabaya sana. Na ndo maana walijaribu kumvua uraia wa nchi hii.

3. zumbemkuu

zumbemkuu JF Bronze Member

Aug 2, 2011
    duh! jamaa ni kichwa sana,

4. Domhome

Domhome JF-Expert Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Sikio la kufa halisikii dawa!

5. W

WildCard JF-Expert Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Mfumo mbaya kabisa kwa Waarabu ulikuwa ule wa kuwarithisha watoto wao nafasi za utawala wa nchi. Mwingine ni ule wa kuwaweka ndugu na jamaa zao kwenye nafasi nyeti za kupora rasilmali za nchi zao. Mambo ambayo sasa yanafanyika sana huku kwetu.

6. RealMan

RealMan JF-Expert Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Ukiachia mbali madini na mali asili zingine, hii nchi ina intellectuals wa viwango vya Jenerali, Shivji, Baregu, Lipumba etc lakini ni kama tumerogwa hivi.

Masilahi binafsi yamechukua nafasi ya kwanza mbele ya ya masilahi ya pamoja kitaifa.

Tukisubiri hawa watawala wasikie kwa masikio yao au waone kwa macho yao hatutatoka hapa tulipo.

7. Tuyuku

Tuyuku JF-Expert Member

Aug 2, 2011
    ahsante sana Jenerali Ulimwengu. Naunga mkono hoja mia kwa mia!

8. m

mmaroroi JF-Expert Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Dr.Slaa is another popular intellectual of this country(TZ), he has been advicing alot of issues unlitsened by the rulers.It is time for the rulers to adhere to advices from reputable people like Dr.Slaa,Prof.Baregu,Ulimwengu and others.