It’s my turn to run for top seat, says Mudavadi

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
Deputy Prime Minister Musalia Mudavadi says he quit Orange Democratic Movement because some party leaders did not respect him.
“I have been called an adopted son, and even a ghost resurrected from the political grave. Partners who respect your contributions and have goodwill do not use such insults to assure you of a level playing field,” Mr Mudavadi said on Sunday at his home in Sabatia.

“I have helped people in 2002 and 2007. This time round, it is their turn to give back that support,” he said a day after breaking ranks with his boss, Prime Minister Raila Odinga.

Mr Mudavadi was Mr Uhuru Kenyatta’s running mate on the Kanu ticket in 2002. They lost to the National Rainbow Coalition.

On Sunday, there was some speculation that Mr Mudavadi registered a new party three weeks ago and would unveil it as his vehicle to State House.

This could explain why the Sabatia MP did not name his new political home on Saturday at the Kakamega rally where he abandoned ODM.

Mr Mudavadi has been pushing for the amendment of the ODM laws to allow for competitive primaries.

“Technically, a process has been manufactured to ensure a no-contest situation in the party. So what does this mean? The door is closed on me,” he said in Kakamega.

Back
Top Bottom