Is the Lack Of Fresh Milk Killing US.

Akwaba

Sep 26, 2010
Historically most East African had access to fresh milk from the local cow. As these countries "developed" they have created cities which were not planned well enough to support a fresh milk infrastructure. Our leaders determined that UHT milk would be a great source of milk, in addition it would allow for the development of factories.

Well, like usual African import something from Europe which is not very good for them and the European never bother to tell them so. There is a lot of debate in the U.S. regarding how healthy pasteurised milk is.

Ultra-Pasteurized Milk

Here in Tanzania, we have worse UHT milk. I have to say, when I got off the plane I could tell the difference. The milk is like paper, all the life is gone. All the bacteria too though! There are some that believe drinking pasteurized milk, but especially UHT milk triggers an immune response as the body no longer recognized the milk proteins. This would ake our immune systems busy and make us more prone to get diseases. However, we need milk so what to do.

Back
Top Bottom