Is East Africa ready for political federation? Who will lead us there?

Through our leaders' brutality, East Africans will find themselves ready in political Federation.
If you look closely to this matter you will find that its a Power-Hunger group of evil hearted fellows that drags us down to the union of which we are not much acquainted of!

:A S embarassed:
I like this open ended question and genuine concern ya mtoa mada.Personally i dont think we are ready for that, bearing in mind the differences in political dynamics of member nations which may be hinderence to the progress of the federation especially when one of the member's interests are at stake something that is very likely as far as political systems are concerned.

Ready or not it would be the only way out of this missery. Mikataba yote ya ki karl peters kwenye migodi na Tanesco na mingineyo itabidi iandikwe upya na kama wakituelekeza kwenye mikataba ya kiulaghai hapo tutawameza hai mafisadi.

No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

frankly speaking, we still have a long way to go before we can realise a meaningful political federation for east africa - for one thing, we are still struggling to overhaul our respective national constitutions to bring in some semblance of democratic governance; we cannot even resolve thorny issues besieging existing political arrangements/entities e.g the union of tanganyika and zanzibar; we haven't as yet charted out a common vision that will govern our potical future as a federation etc.

Land Land Land! Tanzania has abundant land which she is not ready to make easily available (and for good reasons too) to citizens of other member countries. And that is where the problem lies. The abscence of almost all heads of states of EAC during the celebrations which took place in Dar on 9 December 2011 was not accidental. Political Federation? Very unlikely and unworkable!

Land Land Land! Tanzania has abundant land which she is not ready to make easily available (and for good reasons too) to citizens of other member countries. And that is where the problem lies. The abscence of almost all heads of states of EAC during the celebrations which took place in Dar on 9 December 2011 was not accidental. Political Federation? Very unlikely and unworkable!

KABALASH,

I still don't understand why other EAC's countries think they are entitled to Tanzania's land. Pertaining to federation, can someone explain the importance of it.

Tukiachana na maneneo kuhusu ardhi, hizi migawanyiko na shida za marais wa EA kutopenda kuonana ana kwa ana katika mikutano, tumeanza kuzishuhudia hivi karibuni. Wakati wa B.Mkapa, M7 na Mo1, kulikuwa na uhusiano mwema na heshima fulani baina ya viongozia hao watatu. Kuna kitu kinachoendelea sio chema, au pengine marais hawa walioko sasa wako na advisors ambao wana upeo mdogo.

Tukiachana na maneneo kuhusu ardhi, hizi migawanyiko na shida za marais wa EA kutopenda kuonana ana kwa ana katika mikutano, tumeanza kuzishuhudia hivi karibuni. Wakati wa B.Mkapa, M7 na Mo1, kulikuwa na uhusiano mwema na heshima fulani baina ya viongozia hao watatu. Kuna kitu kinachoendelea sio chema, au pengine marais hawa walioko sasa wako na advisors ambao wana upeo mdogo.

Mzee mmmoja aliwahi kuniambia ya kuwa Jumuiya ilikufa mwaka 1977 baada ya viongozi kukataa kukutana, Nyerere alikataa kabisa kukaa meza moja na Amin. Sio siri kwamba Kikwete na Kagame hawapatani kabisa, na wakati huo huo ishu ya Migungo ingawa inaonekana kama imeisha imewaweka Kenya na Uganda katika wakati mgumu. Mimi nadhani hii jumuiya ilianzishwa haraka haraka sana bila public's consent and it seems that its fate is doomed.

Mzee mmmoja aliwahi kuniambia ya kuwa Jumuiya ilikufa mwaka 1977 baada ya viongozi kukataa kukutana, Nyerere alikataa kabisa kukaa meza moja na Amin. Sio siri kwamba Kikwete na Kagame hawapatani kabisa, na wakati huo huo ishu ya Migungo ingawa inaonekana kama imeisha imewaweka Kenya na Uganda katika wakati mgumu. Mimi nadhani hii jumuiya ilianzishwa haraka haraka sana bila public's consent and it seems that its fate is doomed.

Kwa hivyo tusemeje, kwa kuwa dhana kuu ni kwamba kenya ndio ina nyoshewa kidole kwa kuwa waliharibu mipango ya EAC mwaka wa 77. Ashante, naona kumbe ni kitu kinahusiana na historia. Kumbe shida ni marais kutoaminiana

Kwa hivyo tusemeje, kwa kuwa dhana kuu ni kwamba kenya ndio ina nyoshewa kidole kwa kuwa waliharibu mipango ya EAC mwaka wa 77. Ashante, naona kumbe ni kitu kinahusiana na historia. Kumbe shida ni marais kutoaminiana
Shida sio marais kutoaminiana, shida ni uhusiano mbovu kati ya Tz na kenya tangu mwanzo. Kwani huoni maoni ya watu hapa jamvini hasa wakenya na watanzania kwenye threads zinazohusu EAC? Hapo utasingiziaje marais hapo?

Shida sio marais kutoaminiana, shida ni uhusiano mbovu kati ya Tz na kenya tangu mwanzo. Kwani huoni maoni ya watu hapa jamvini hasa wakenya na watanzania kwenye threads zinazohusu EAC? Hapo utasingiziaje marais hapo?

Please do not forget that you have leaders who have already earmarked a presidency of the East African Political Federation. Do not ask me who. I leave it to you to figure out.

Call it federation or grouping what ever bila muungano unaokidhi matakwa ya wananchi wa nchi husika utakuwa hauna maana labda ni muungano wa vingozi tu.

KABALASH,

I still don't understand why other EAC's countries think they are entitled to Tanzania's land. Pertaining to federation, can someone explain the importance of it.

Members of other East African countries are not ENTITLED to Tanzania land but they desperatly want that entitlement. In their own countries there isnt any space left. So the only way to access the abundant land in Tanzania is to put a clause in the treaty making land in any member country a free for all citizens of EAC countries. Assuming you are a Tanzanian are u ready for that?

Mzalendo452!
Frankly I need a century to think about this Federation!

My humble opinion is that The Political federation should be people driven....our leaders should step down from the driving seat and let the people decide their fate.Each country should place on the table what it thinks vital for its social economic development and the sacrifices each state is willing to make for the benefit of others.
I dont c why if Kikwete and Kagame are not in good terms should affect the relationship between Rwanda and Tanzania! again our political parties need to harmonize their ideologies..we need to c cooperation between our different political parties....imagine CCM having supporters in the deep villages of Uganda or Kenya or still Museveni's party having support from Mbeya or Garissa!..I dont see this parties spreading their wings beyond their national borders..this will be a major challenge towards the political federation...not even the issue of land in Tanzania or the monetary union in Kenya!

..Watanzania believe that they dont need the Community/Federation to develop.

..this country has all kinds of minerals u can think of including COAL and URANIUM.

..Kenyans and the rest of them r just wasting our time.

..It is the politicians who r so persistence with the Federation/Community idea.

....imagine CCM having supporters in the deep villages of Uganda or Kenya or still Museveni's party having support from Mbeya or Garissa!...
moyo, let's start by imagining a kikuyu having a lot of supporters in the deep luo land, and then move from there!

Back
Top Bottom