In Defence of H.E Dr Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete

I'm not saying that Dr Kikwete is faultless. Of course not. He is workaholic, his Chief of Staff lacks key political skills in building alliances and in conveying clarity.

JK a workaholic? I checked with workaholics anonymous:

Twenty Questions: How Do I Know If I'm A Workaholic?

1. Do you get more excited about your work than about family or anything else?
  2. Are there times when you can charge through your work and other times when you can't?
  3. Do you take work with you to bed? On weekends? On vacation?
  4. Is work the activity you like to do best and talk about most?
  5. Do you work more than 40 hours a week?
  6. Do you turn your hobbies into money-making ventures?
  7. Do you take complete responsibility for the outcome of your work efforts?
  8. Have your family or friends given up expecting you on time?
  9. Do you take on extra work because you are concerned that it won't otherwise get done?
  10. Do you underestimate how long a project will take and then rush to complete it?
  11. Do you believe that it is okay to work long hours if you love what you are doing?
  12. Do you get impatient with people who have other priorities besides work?
  13. Are you afraid that if you don't work hard you will lose your job or be a failure?
  14. Is the future a constant worry for you even when things are going very well?
  15. Do you do things energetically and competitively including play?
  16. Do you get irritated when people ask you to stop doing your work in order to do something else?
  17. Have your long hours hurt your family or other relationships?
  18. Do you think about your work while driving, falling asleep or when others are talking?
  19. Do you work or read during meals?
  20. Do you believe that more money will solve the other problems in your life?
If you answer "yes" to three or more of these questions you may be a workaholic...

I do not think JK fits any of these. it is not a credit to be a workaholic but maybe you will do more credit to JK to call him a Msanii, rather than a workaholic. I think if you ask me the greatest service that JK did to our country is through his weakness and lack of leadership, to let things to deteriorate so that change can happen

c1.jpg

Najua mtahamaki lakini sie wengine we dont like following the crowd na najua kuwa it's not a fashionable view, and I'm not saying he is faultless, but much of the so called criticism being heaped on H.E Dr Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete is unfair.

Kama walivyo our in house JF armchair critics I can launch my own catalogue of complaints against JK lakini , but I've no appetite right now to join what increasingly (especially after last year's FREE, FAIR & DEMOCRATIC elections) sounds like a mob lynching from Jamii Forum's so called ''GREAT THINKERS''.

What i fail to understand from these JF CYBER CRITICS who are so keen to mislead us into the idea that the electorate doesn't like JK is beyond comprehension. Yes, this is an odd thing to say about a politician afterall I don't expect to like any of them, they are hardly going to be my dinner guests let alone play football with them. I want them to do a good job; what I feel about their personalities is irrelevant.

I'm not saying that Dr Kikwete is faultless. Of course not. He is workaholic, his Chief of Staff lacks key political skills in building alliances and in conveying clarity. He probably has personal faults (who doesnt)? – but there is a dangerous myopia afoot here. Think big picture and politics is always about the least worst option. In that frame, MUUNGWANA is a no-brainer. In the midst of the global financial crisis that hit commodity producing country such as ours, the worst in decades, he didn't dither (as he is often accused of by some section of the media) and he didn't flinch from making decisions involving huge sums of money. Who can imagine that Rev SLAA (with his primary school leaver as his Vice President) would have had the experience and confidence to have acted as decisively.

There's something out of control about the way JK is vilified by the CHADEMA and its cyber army and it goes a lot deeper than him. It seems to me that we have developed, over quite a long period of time, an extraordinarily immature politics which is riven by a series of contradictory and paradoxical demands. And at some point someone has to stand up for him in the wake of all the attacks.

This kind of immaturity then translates into the way that our President is treated: you wanted him them to be 'ordinary' but also 'special'; 'decisive' but also 'humble'; 'honest' but also 'polished'; 'pragmatic' but also 'principled' Some of you screamed for him tell the truth such as having a new Constitution but, when he did set up a observatory committee , you went berserk for doing do.

And when these impossible demands are - by definition - not met you react with fury. JK like many other few has been caught by this culture. Perhaps it is also the case that he doesn't really have the skills to find a way of half-way dealing with it but, ultimately, there is no way of dealing with it.

In a way, we have become ungovernable.

Stupid ,hatuitaji upuuzi hapa wakumpamba mtu wakati watoto wetu wanashindwa masomo sababu ya ujinga wa serikali kipofu,maisha yanakuwa magumu huku wengine tukikosa hata nauli za kwenda kwenye shughuli zetu za kila siku.

Subiri time will tell na tutakuona utakuwa wapi.Egypt hawakupenda kuandamana.

hawa ndio wadanganyika tunao waongelea kila wakati ila kinachonifurahisha ni kuwa wanapungua kwa kasi ya ajabu,huyu ni mmoja wowao aliyebakia, hivi hizi mbinu nani atadanganyika,ina tofauti gani na yule waliyemuuandaa ajidai kuwa anatokea Shinyanga kwa baiskeli kuja kumpongeza raisi eti kwa ushindi,jamani kweli ujinga ni zaidi ya maradhi.

Back
Top Bottom