In Defence of H.E Dr Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete

Game Theory

Platinum Member
Sep 5, 2006
c1.jpg

Najua mtahamaki lakini sie wengine we dont like following the crowd na najua kuwa it's not a fashionable view, and I'm not saying he is faultless, but much of the so called criticism being heaped on H.E Dr Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete is unfair.

Kama walivyo our in house JF armchair critics I can launch my own catalogue of complaints against JK lakini , but I've no appetite right now to join what increasingly (especially after last year's FREE, FAIR & DEMOCRATIC elections) sounds like a mob lynching from Jamii Forum's so called ''GREAT THINKERS''.

What i fail to understand from these JF CYBER CRITICS who are so keen to mislead us into the idea that the electorate doesn't like JK is beyond comprehension. Yes, this is an odd thing to say about a politician afterall I don't expect to like any of them, they are hardly going to be my dinner guests let alone play football with them. I want them to do a good job; what I feel about their personalities is irrelevant.

I'm not saying that Dr Kikwete is faultless. Of course not. He is workaholic, his Chief of Staff lacks key political skills in building alliances and in conveying clarity. He probably has personal faults (who doesnt)? – but there is a dangerous myopia afoot here. Think big picture and politics is always about the least worst option. In that frame, MUUNGWANA is a no-brainer. In the midst of the global financial crisis that hit commodity producing country such as ours, the worst in decades, he didn't dither (as he is often accused of by some section of the media) and he didn't flinch from making decisions involving huge sums of money. Who can imagine that Rev SLAA (with his primary school leaver as his Vice President) would have had the experience and confidence to have acted as decisively.

There's something out of control about the way JK is vilified by the CHADEMA and its cyber army and it goes a lot deeper than him. It seems to me that we have developed, over quite a long period of time, an extraordinarily immature politics which is riven by a series of contradictory and paradoxical demands. And at some point someone has to stand up for him in the wake of all the attacks.

This kind of immaturity then translates into the way that our President is treated: you wanted him them to be 'ordinary' but also 'special'; 'decisive' but also 'humble'; 'honest' but also 'polished'; 'pragmatic' but also 'principled' Some of you screamed for him tell the truth such as having a new Constitution but, when he did set up a observatory committee , you went berserk for doing do.

And when these impossible demands are - by definition - not met you react with fury. JK like many other few has been caught by this culture. Perhaps it is also the case that he doesn't really have the skills to find a way of half-way dealing with it but, ultimately, there is no way of dealing with it.

In a way, we have become ungovernable.

....and at some point, someone has to stand up for him at the wake of all attack.........at that someone happens to be you.........Pathetic!

I would agree with you. That is when if he wanted to be defended. He doesnt need a garrison. He is happy as he is.

And, why would he not be defended by his own ministers and appointees? Why are they swimming in the sea of silence, watching?

Of all that is being levelled against him, someone else could stand up and explain. No one is doing it. And because no one is doing he is being done!

One faulty aspect of your story, your comparative approach is even more misleading! If REV Slaa couldnt do it with his Standard Seven VP as you said does it justify JK not doing it with his Holder-of-Doctorate VP? What are you trying to nail home here? Our lack of alternative should make us naive and accept his failures as victories? No way! We should look harder!

At the end of the day, he should stand up and be counted!! He just cant remain and expect to thrive by being and remaining luke warm!!

Please tell him!

Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete has all along behaved as though he is a victim of circumstances than someone with full responsibility for the situation Tanzania finds itself in. This is the dimension to the concept of attitude favoured by cowards, like Kikwete, whose emptiness of action and imagination makes them impotent in face of exercising power and control.

One is therefore left wondering what drove them to seek those powers in the first place. But the picture is never quite complete without taking into account the role played by sycophants and bootlickers the type currently infesting the ruling party, CCM. It is this kind of situation that inevitably creates a vacuum that attracts the likes of mafisadis who, like hyenas, are now fighting for the poor torn pieces of once a beautiful country, Tanzania. This explains why Kikwete was given another chance this past October to wield the reigns of power through proxy - by the hyenas?

For any sober mind to come to the defence of Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete at this time is a manifestation of a decaying society so rich in filth that even the perfumes of Arabia could not cleanse it. Yet we have them, yes the likes of slidingroof whose eyes are so clouded they wouldnt recognise their own faces staring back at them from behind the mirror ! The bottom line is Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete is a failure, was always one, and as we sink deeper and deeper into misery, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. How could we have failed to foresee the evil forces lurking behind his nomination when all we had to do was look back, I mean take a good look back ?

Only a fool thinks repeating a lie makes it the truth. However much you CCM (fisadis) sympathisers want the rest of us to believe in the "clean" Kikwete, the truth is there to behold.

He was the main architect of Richmond and therefore DOWANS by default, HE embezzled a budget surplus estimated to last for one year left by Mkapa within 3 first months in office, HE still embraces his fellow corrupt people such as Rostam Aziz an Lowassa, HE rules with his equally corrupt family (Salma and Ridhiwani), HE kills innocent Tanzanians who dares to voice their disapproval of his conduct (the Arusha massacre comes to mind), HE has divided the national on the basis of religion (Islam vs christianity while there are more religions in Tanzania than those two without forgetting atheists).

95182084.JPG

FORGOT TO RECOMMEND A BOOK TO HIS EXCELLENCY

SO ABOVE BOOK WOULD BE SUITABLE FOR HIM ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO WORKING WITH HIS POLITICAL RIVALS

you just said this (especially after last year's FREE, FAIR & DEMOCRATIC elections)
haha dude unazeeka vibaya and u have to be serious and not to defend ushabiki hapa

It is now ackowldged overwhelmingly across the country and probably the world that Jk is purely MSANII. Whatever he does, it must bring him to what we normally call 'mass support' and ultimately 'personal gain'. In several occassions he has involved himself on various gatherings of very ordinary people like the famously known WANAMUZI WA KIZAZI KIPYA. He sometimes gets close to ordinary old people or children in rural areas and takes video and/or still pictures with them pretending himself 'a man of people' while he is actually 'a man of a small group of people composing among others RA, EL, AC and NK).

The picture accompanying this thread has nothing to do with his committment to helping people and sharing their sufferings. It is rather intended to achieve what I have mentioned above.

This brings me back to 1995 when Father of our Nation, the Late Mwl. Nyerere intervened (in a spectacular and unforgetable way) the move that was leading Jk and his gang of mafisads to a victory. Definitely, Mwl new exactly who was Jk and that he was not fit in all respects for such a highest post in our country. Everybody knows that the death of Mwl. paved a way for Jk and his gang to what he was looking for anxiously since 1995. For me, if Mwl. was alive, Jk would still not be his choice when compared to Dr. Salim A. Salim. For sure, Tanzania are now paying the price of Mwl.'s absence.

May the Almighty God rest the soul of our beloved Father of our Nation in Peace.

Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete has all along behaved as though he is a victim of circumstances than someone with full responsibility for the situation Tanzania finds itself in. This is the dimension to the concept of attitude favoured by cowards, like Kikwete, whose emptiness of action and imagination makes them impotent in face of exercising power and control.

One is therefore left wondering what drove them to seek those powers in the first place. But the picture is never quite complete without taking into account the role played by sycophants and bootlickers the type currently infesting the ruling party, CCM. It is this kind of situation that inevitably creates a vacuum that attracts the likes of mafisadis who, like hyenas, are now fighting for the poor torn pieces of once a beautiful country, Tanzania. This explains why Kikwete was given another chance this past October to wield the reigns of power through proxy - by the hyenas ?

For any sober mind to come to the defence of Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete at this time is a manifestation of a decaying society so rich in filth that even the perfumes of Arabia could not cleanse it. Yet we have them, yes the likes of slidingroof whose eyes are so clouded they wouldnt recognise their own faces staring back at them from behind the mirror ! The bottom line is Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete is a failure, was always one, and as we sink deeper and deeper into misery, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. How could we have failed to foresee the evil forces lurking behind his nomination when all we had to do was look back, I mean take a good look back ?

Wow! Isn't this something?

What is distasteful is the way his personality is hounded, it's open season on MUUNGWANA. Politics is becoming a form of bear-baiting. If the likes of JF armchair critics have long used scorn and inquisition. Most of anti Kikwete brigades in JF are like THIS DAY newspaper. Full of opinion, stereotypes and prejudices, but if or when someone challenges him and his like with information and facts or tries to rationally debate, he shouts them down or personally insults them, because he has no counter-debate or argument.

Wow! Isn't this something?

What is distasteful is the way his personality is hounded, it's open season on MUUNGWANA. Politics is becoming a form of bear-baiting. If the likes of JF armchair critics have long used scorn and inquisition. Most of anti Kikwete brigades in JF are like THIS DAY newspaper. Full of opinion, stereotypes and prejudices, but if or when someone challenges him and his like with information and facts or tries to rationally debate, he shouts them down or personally insults them, because he has no counter-debate or argument.

When the indefensible call for a defense, then the defense itself is indefensible - MM Original quote.

Nanukuu "I'm not saying that Dr Kikwete is faultless. Of course not. He is workaholic, his Chief of Staff lacks key political skills in building alliances and in conveying clarity." Does he know this??? if YES kachukua hatua gani so far kumbuka huu ni mwaka wake wa 6 kama Rais...

We dont want all these "This kind of immaturity then translates into the way that our President is treated: you wanted him them to be 'ordinary' but also 'special'; 'decisive' but also 'humble'; 'honest' but also 'polished'; 'pragmatic' but also 'principled' Some of you screamed for him tell the truth such as having a new Constitution but, when he did set up a observatory committee , you went berserk for doing do.
"
we want him to work for us and act accordingly whenever Necessary. his silence is what kills us.....imagine the hot saga of form 4 results...he hasnt spoken out anything....OK he speaks less and do alot ...what has he done so far???

Lastly if i may ask u?? which side is JK lying?? OURS or FISADI's??? Just take the Dowans issue as a starting point...

95182084.JPG

FORGOT TO RECOMMEND A BOOK TO HIS EXCELLENCY

SO ABOVE BOOK WOULD BE SUITABLE FOR HIM ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO WORKING WITH HIS POLITICAL RIVALS
Unfortunately his excellency never reads books. He does not know why Tanzania is poor.

One is therefore left wondering what drove them to seek those powers in the first place. But the picture is never quite complete without taking into account the role played by sycophants and bootlickers the type currently infesting the ruling party, CCM. It is this kind of situation that inevitably creates a vacuum that attracts the likes of mafisadis who, like hyenas, are now fighting for the poor torn pieces of once a beautiful country, Tanzania. This explains why Kikwete was given another chance this past October to wield the reigns of power through proxy - by the hyenas ?

Brilliantly said my good man!!! Unfortunately I don't think defenders of the so-called H.E. are smart enough to grab what you are saying. Our friend SlidingRoof should be reminded that most of us (if not all) gave him all the benefit of the doubt at some point. For a long time we foolishly believed that he was an innocent victim of the hyenas, only to discover he was their leader.

The only way we can buy SlidingRoof's theory is if he is also willing to accept the possibility that the good leader he is defending is gullible and not smart enough to be president. I suspect he will not agree with this fact. The wind of change is coming and leaders like JK will be swept by this change. If he was smart he would separate himself from mediocrity now and be one of those leaders who would emerge as champions of progress in our continent, despite his many vices.

Some of us would forgive him. Unfortunately, as the saying goes, a man is judged by the company he keeps. SlidingRoof's man has for too long, kept the company of hyena's and unfortunately that's what most rational thinking people see.

Kinywa na mawaiza yako sijui kama utaweza kumdanganya au kumgeuza Mtanzania yeyote yule kukubaliana na wewe. Watu kama nyie ndio mnasupport Mubarak na Ben Ali wote hawa wameonewa na wananchi wao. Kweli kuna watanzania hatuwezi kufungua macho na vichwa vyao. Alie ruhusu Richmond ni nani? Alieruhusu Dowans na aliita kikao cha Kamati kuu ni nani kukubaliana na ICC Tanzania iwalipe JK na Rostam ni nani. Kwa hiyo huoni hasara na damages serikali ya JK/Pinda imelifanyia Taifa la Tanzania? Hii mikataba fake ambayo siri zinatoka kila siku na nyingine na serikali ya Libya ni uzushi sio?

Wananchi wanakufa hivi tunaongea kwa kukosa huduma ya kuzalisha mahospitalini na wengine hata chakula hawana, hiyo pesa mnataka kuwalipa Dowans ingesaidia watanzania wangapi? Kweli nyie mnajiita watanzania au ni binadamu tofauti ambao mna haki sana kuliko watanzania wengine....tutaona kama watanzania watakubaliana na ph D za Kikwete za kutokwenda shule. Issue kama ni ph D za Kikwete sijaona hata bachelor aliosoma imefanya kazi kuitumikia Taifa lake. Elimu ipi tunazungumzia imeleta maendeleo na kuchangia uchumi wa Tanzania? Dr Slaa mtake msitake ni raia miongoni mwa raia wengi tunaowaamini kubaidisha Taifa la Tanzania.

Sababu hizo ndio maana Dr Slaa anapata support ya watanzania wengi kote sio nywele la albino...wananchi wengi tunafuatilia siasa za Tanzania na tunafanya researches sio nyie mnasoma irani ya CCM na kwenda kulala...labda ungejaribu hizi tactics miaka kumi iliyopita ingework...

It is very conspicuous that JK is in paranoia of tunisphobia and egyphobia. For your paramuthetic, it is coming.

Immoderate retrogression in the public sector, and in government spending, combined with corruption and poor productivity formed one part of the equation. So from the president on down we now hear that new businesses are the key to job creation. This truth has long been evident to anyone willing to look at state statistics. One need not be an economist to see why this is so.

Let's not quibble over use of the word, but let us also not allow loose usage to muddle what we are after. If we want job creation and kill poverty in Tanzania (in a growing economy), that benefit cannot be provided by people improving our bureaucracies.

Where is the "better life for every Tanzanian"?" A better life will not come down like manna from heaven," the President J.M Kikwete said, but he failed to create jobs for the people.

Do you remember these pathetic words: "According to Mr Kikwete, so far, four mining firms of Golden Pride, Geita Gold Mines and Tanzanite One have already started paying income tax. Barrick Gold will start paying income tax soon."? Where is the money?

Do you remember these words as well:
"Mr Kikwete said the economy was growing at an "admirable rate" despite drought and escalating fuel prices that had raised the cost of living. The global economic crisis had also compounded the situation last year."

"Despite the many challenges, we have every reason to congratulate ourselves for the job well done! An average economic growth of 6.9 per cent during the past five years is, by any definition, one of the highest in the world," he said.

Those words of Mr. President are ambivalent disloyal, perfidious, and unveracity.

I daren't read your thread....really...the topic itself ignited my thinking of your ''defence''.

For one, since your father got back onto the political limelight that August of 1988 after years in the political doldrums of the South...(thanks to the amiable hands of one Maokola-Majogo)...we have been in serious trouble notably in the energy and power sectors that your father will always be remembered....when he became a full (fool?) minister of energy and minerals under the Mwinyi system did they orchestrated this ''emergency and capacity charges'' issue with our poor old TANESCO.....from SONGAS, IPTL, RICHMOND and now sadly DOWANS the burden has been so great on our shoulder....

...surely you don't feel it as you get all your things in a ''gold plate''.....had it been for Patrick Rutabanzibwa this country would have been in a hell of a jam....trust me we still got them patriots still!!

Back
Top Bottom