Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

IMF: Kenya GDP set to Double Tanzania by 2016

Discussion in 'Biashara, Uchumi na Ujasiriamali' started by Nairoberry, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Nairoberry

Nairoberry JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    what more can i say.. the figures and fact all out there for everyone to see. plus oil kenya economy will surely reach GDP US $250billion by 2030. can someone help me to post that table here please.

Report for Selected Countries and Subjects

2. M

Mwembetayari JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Interesting report! Go Kenya!

3. Nairoberry

Nairoberry JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    brother i have always said here Kenya is a very dangerous country, this is a report from IMF not a finance minister or a bank. if kenya start exploiting oil in 5 to 7 years time by 2025 one analyst i had say on CNBC Africa that it could possible quadruple its economy in GDP

4. M

Apr 2, 2012
    That is indeed great news. I hope the rest of the region will grow as fast too but you are right Kenyans have their destiny in their hands!

5. M

Apr 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. Lonestriker

Lonestriker JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    If they stop their uncivilized behaviour of throwing stones,destroying infrastructure and killing each other I think you can more than quadrupple your economy since even without the oil and coal you still have one of the chief driver of economy-skilled human resource.

7. M

Apr 2, 2012
    Dont you think it is getting old? Are you not tired of using post elections violence analogies? You can not judge a country that has been largely at peace for 50 years with the events of one month.

Will it be fair for us to judge Tanzania by Albino killings, witchcraft, xenophobia, corruption, slums, violence in Zanzibar, poverty and illiteracy?

All in all the uncivilized people are building their economy faster than you can ever imagine! You talk, Kenyans ACT! :A S shade:

8. G

Geza Ulole JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Try to be critical and rational thinker my friend that oil u discover has not been confirmed whether can be commercial exploited to support an investment on the first place (Tanzania had two of such discoveries and ended up putting caps on the wells after insignificant amount were discovered)! And second while u yap, a company like BG (British Gas) has already committed nearly US$ 20 bio. to develop an LNG refinery on confirmed huge gas reserves in Southern Tanzania! Forgetting a huge possibility of oil discovery in Tanzania (esp. on Lake Tanganyika basin) so pls don't excited that's why the report u just gave is called a projection! have a peaceful election in March 2013 first before u start having ur fantasies! BTW our economy will grow at 7% this year while urs will grow not more that 5% being an election year that no one is interested to invest knowing how violently r the elections in Kenya! And more enough, the Al-Shabaabs r severely denting ur hopes to have ur tourism getting back to his feet! Last but not least CHADEMA will take power by 2015 so ur dreams will b on :A S-fire1: just to assure u..!

9. livefire

livefire JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    GO KENYA. The East & Central African Tiger!!

10. M

Apr 2, 2012
    Someone is going to have a very bad day! :wink:

11. simplemind

simplemind JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Fuel consumption is a good indicator of development level. Kenya currently consumes more fuel than the combined total for Tanzania,Uganda,Rwanda and Burundi.

12. F

FJM JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Great news, tutapata chanzo kingine cha misaada au vipi jirani-tajiri? But more importantly, very glad to know that your benchmark is Tanzania!

13. K

Koba JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Negativity can only feed on negativity-EKR

14. J

JokaKuu Platinum Member

Apr 2, 2012
    ..CETERIS PARIBUS.

..but who knows which facts on the ground r going to change.

..when were these projections made??

..did they take recent oil discovery in kenya into account?

15. Tango73

Tango73 JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    hat off to Kenyatta. That man knews what it was when it came to build a stable economy.He also supported Israel on their mission to rescure their hostages at Entebe was back in 1976! God has no choice but to bless them.

16. livefire

livefire JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    that was without oil and a report isnt made in a fort night. I think you are happy for Kenya.lol

17. M

Apr 2, 2012
    the last 6 months saw the unveiling of natural resources at an unprecedented level. The numbers do not take into account oil (approximately 71 billion barels in the rift region alone), Coal (among the largest deposits in Africa in the kitui basin), Rare earth metals (Large deposits in the coast region), Gold (Among the largest deposits in Africa in Turkana and Kakamega).

The myth has been shattered, Kenya is laden with natural resources. With good governance that GDP can grow to be among the largest in Africa.

18. Lonestriker

Lonestriker JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Get serious!Where in the post have I mentioned the PEV?I know you know that when most Kenyans demonstrate they tend to be violent,they have never learnt the art of peaceful demonstration.Only an idiot or a person who is complete ignorant of kenya's history would refer to PEV.PEV was not a single event,it was the apex of a process and that's why political analyst correctly predicted it.Anyway,my point is Kenya has one of the best skilled and professional human resource and I still believe you should be comparing yourself with the likes of South Africa,Ghana and Nigeria not Tanzania and Uganda.

19. M

Apr 2, 2012
    It still is a shame that these 'violent people' are growing their economy at faster rates than you can imagine! :A S shade:

20. F

FJM JF-Expert Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Tanzania wangekuwa wanapuliza vuvuleza kwa nguvu kuhusu madini/gas East Africa ingelazamishwa hata kwa mtutu! All the best Kenya, jirani akipata na wewe unaweza kuonja (hata kwa harufu!) but remember kutangulia sio kufika.