Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

I'm New...

Discussion in 'Utambulisho (Member Intro Forum)' started by Nvmwakasege, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Nvmwakasege

Nvmwakasege Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hey Everyone,

I'm new. My name is Nazarina. Sadly with a name like Mwakasege my Swahili is very limited but I do for some reason speak Portuguese and Spanish fairly well. I joined this forum to kind of reconnect with Tanzania as I will be returning in a few months time to settle down there for awhile god willing. Anyhow I just decided to introduce myself so HI EVERYONE! Hope all is well and I look forward to posting more on this great forum :)

Naz*

2. M

Mama Joe JF-Expert Member

Aug 5, 2009
    You are welcome at JF, is Mwakasege your true or nick name? Altogether welcome back Nazarina.

3. Nvmwakasege

Nvmwakasege Member

Aug 5, 2009
    My last name is Mwakasege as in my family is Nyakusa and mostly all originate from Mbeya Rungwe and Tukuyu.

4. B

Babuyao JF-Expert Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Naz you are most welcome.

5. Dilunga

Dilunga JF-Expert Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Mwakasege's do speak Swahili, so please slow down with that flimsy "...with a name like Mwakasege my Swahili this that and the third..." that's lame, and we ain't about making excuses here. And please speak for yourself!

You do not speak Swahili because you didn't give a hoot about it, not because you are a Mwakasege. For eons you lived in Portugal or Brazili or wherever the heck your African buns got jackbooted from and now you remembered your name and want to come back home to "settle for a while," whatever the Sam Hill that means.

"For some reason I speak Portuguese..." What do u want, a cookie? Kaa mkao wa kula, na kuliwa kimijadala.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  6. Nyani Ngabu

Nyani Ngabu Platinum Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Dang...what have you been snorting lately?

7. Nvmwakasege

Nvmwakasege Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Oh shame on me for getting so upset. Moving on!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  8. M

Aug 6, 2009
    Sorry Naz, just cool down, here most people use Swahili and English so just try to participate where ever you can. As you were able to learn Portuguese you will also be able to learn Swahili with time,
    Welcome Nazarina

9. Nvmwakasege

Nvmwakasege Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I apologize, it's just really upsetting. You try to introduce yourself and instead of a complete stranger taking it as such they decide to attack you. I do learn quickly and I want to and if there is a will there is a way. Thank you for being so nice. I appreciate your kindness.

10. M

Aug 6, 2009
    Thanks Naz, basically the writer is just teasing you! don't be offended you will learn with time to just ignore some comments.
    Altogether the Forum people are very friendlyso feel at home and karibu(welcome)

11. S

Son of Alaska JF-Expert Member

Aug 6, 2009
    daughter of a woman,watch you adrenaline flow,have a sense of humour and lest you dont know,this is a forum for great thinkers and not a forum for run off the mill street kids.anything short of that you are in the wrong place

12. Nvmwakasege

Nvmwakasege Member

Aug 6, 2009
    You're quite right. I can't believe I got so upset. He tapped my Achilles' Heel and I couldn't help but take the bait. In the future I will make sure to simply ignore ignorance. I look forward to what this forum has to offer and should not allow for anyone to make me feel bad about it (even if they are "joking"). Besides, "No one can make [me] feel inferior without [my] consent." Thank you for helping me remember myself and where I am. I have a great deal of learning and catching up to do.

13. r

rukc Member

Aug 7, 2009
    mwakasege, welcome home???......Tanzania is a peaceful country but people drive me crazy here. I am suprised anybody would really want to come and live in Tanzania. How long are you going to be in TZ and beside visiting your ancestor's land, what are other plans do have visiting? Tourism? investment? school? anyway, just checking.

14. Mvina

Mvina JF-Expert Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Hey am learning spanish I think dis is a good opportunity to improve it,so long as am gonna teach you swahili n' inturn you gonna teach me spanish.

It sounds like if it won, t work but trust me n' let's try.

Kama vp utani Pm.

15. Nvmwakasege

Nvmwakasege Member

Aug 8, 2009
    I don't want to be a tourist because I feel like one everytime I go, but it would be nice. I know there are so many beautiful places to see. For the most part I'll be visiting family and studying Swahili until I get a good idea of it.

16. The Farmer

The Farmer JF-Expert Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Karibu ndani ya JF " The home of Great Thinkers" Jisikie uko nyumbani.