Weka idioms/nahau mbalimbali unazozifahamu katika uzi huu

Hussein J Mahenga

JF-Expert Member
Mar 5, 2012
(1) All the hell broke loose-the occurance of sudden noises,fighting,arguments,etc

(2)Leave no stone unturned-doing what you can do to achieve something you want

(3) Kick the bucket-die

(4)in the twinkling of an eye-doing something quickly.

(5) hit the nail over one's head-explaining all the truth about something

(6)seek for your fortune-struggle to succeed the worth even fleeing far away from your motherland

(7) twist one's little finger-persuade somebody to do something that one wants.

Let's carry on with other idioms.I prefer them alot!

•Bring The House Down--To cause excitement to the people.
•Turn up The corner-Faulu
•Sit on the fence-Dillema

A Picture Paints a Thousand Words-A visual presentation is far more descriptive than words
All Bark And No Bite-When someone is threatening and/or aggressive but not willing to engage in a fight
Keep your chin up: -To remain joyful in a tough situation.
Smell A Rat -To detect somone in the group is betraying the others.

1."he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like you"- he is just like everyone else.

2. "you can not make an omelette without breaking eggs"-you can not achieve anything important without causing a few problems.

3."never test the depth of the river with both feet"-be careful when trying to do something, do not spend all you have when trying something.

Caught with the pants down ie caught unprepared or in an embarrasing situation.

Gentleman's agreement = two parties trust each other without neither signing nor writing.

-A horse turn donkey- good person turn into bad one
- I can't leave my country to the dogs- I can't leave my country to unresponsible people!
-Call a spade by its name- tell the truth as it is

Its takes two to tango
If life give u lemon make lemonade
Don't count chicken before are hatched
If u live in glass house don't throw stones

Those who are always moving, they gain nothing.

Not exactly.

More like those who are always moving are not troubled by attachment and responsibility. So one can say that their constant movement gain them freedom, and not "nothing".

The Buddha wa a rolling stone who left hiw wife and young son, he was not attached to family. But you can't say he gained "nothing" because he gained knowledge and gave the world the beautiful gem of Buddhism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_rolling_stone_gathers_no_moss

9 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom