I Don't Allow Black People On My Bus!

X-PASTER

JF-Expert Member
Feb 12, 2007
Israeli Bus Driver Refuses To Allow Ethiopian Jew To Board Bus
6a00d83451b71f69e20120a4e60967970b-800wi

A 23-year-old woman of Ethiopian descent said that the driver of an Egged No. 5 bus in Tel Aviv refused to allow her to board his bus because of the color of her skin.

Speaking to Ynet, Yedno Verka recounted last Wednesday's incident: "As I prepared board the bus, the driver suddenly shut the door. I banged on the glass, but he ignored me. Then a young woman came running towards the bus, and he opened the door for her. I stayed close to her and boarded the bus. When the driver saw me he said, 'what, don’t you understand that I don't allow Kushim (derogatory term for black people) on board? Are you trying to smash my door in? Were there buses in Ethiopia? Why don't you walk? In Ethiopia you didn't even have shoes and here you do, so why don’t you walk?' I was shaking all over; I couldn't even speak," she said.

At this point Verka handed the driver the bus fair, but, according to her, he refused to accept. Verka said she responded by saying, "You can't treat me this way. Treat your mother this way."

At this point, she said, "He grabbed my skirt and yelled: 'You don’t talk like that about my mother. A Kushit will not talk about my mother like that.' I was afraid he was going to hit me, and explained that I did not curse his mother. But he continued: 'Go back to Ethiopia! You are not even Jews; who brought you all here anyway? You're ruining our country; you are a stupid people.'

Only then did the other passengers intervene and call the driver out for his racist behavior, said the woman, adding that the driver continued his tirade even after she made her way to the back of the bus.

Knesset Member Shlomo Molla (Kadima) turned to Israeli Transportation Minister Yisrael Katz (Likud), who in turn instructed his office to demand that the Egged bus company investigate the incident and see to it that the driver is punished if it is found that he acted inappropriately.

Source:
The Jewish World

Failed Messiah

Ubaguzi ni "sumu kali mno.......Hauna mipaka",Huyu Bus Driver inapaswa achukuliwe hatua kali kutokana na matendo yake hayo ya Kibaguzi yaliyopitwa na wakati!

Ubaguzi ni "sumu kali mno.......Hauna mipaka",Huyu Bus Driver inapaswa achukuliwe hatua kali kutokana na matendo yake hayo ya Kibaguzi yaliyopitwa na wakati!

Most Israelis are like that...very sad state of affairs. They have never
really accepted these Ethiopians as fellow jews.

Kazi ipo!

Kazi ipo!
Hapo ndio imetoka tena hakuna cha upelelezi wala mtu kuchukuliwa hatua za kinidham.

Dhambi ya ubaguzi ndio inayowatafuna wana wa israel. Hitler alikerwa na mambo kama hayo. Pale German, Masinagogi ya wayahudi hakuna wengine waliruhusiwa kuingia, Kampuni kubwa zote za kwao hakuna ku-share na wengine, social networks ya wayahudi hakuna damu nyingine kuingia humo. Tisa, yote wanayoyafanya yatwatokea puani

Hapo ndio imetoka tena hakuna cha upelelezi wala mtu kuchukuliwa hatua za kinidham.

Mkuu,

mfano mwengine huu..

Discrimination Against Ethiopian Jews Goes On

by Batia Eyob

Special To The Jewish Week

Last week it was reported in the Israeli media that, in the city of Petach Tikvah, four young Ethiopian Israeli girls had been segregated from other students and put into separate classes. This incident was not widely reported in the U.S., but it received extensive media coverage in Israel. Many who read the news expressed shock that such blatant discrimination could occur in Israel. What is shocking, though, is not that this incident occurred, but that people in Israel and abroad are unaware of the extent to which discrimination against Ethiopian Israelis continues.

The aliyah of the Ethiopian Jews to Israel was never simple or easy. We were refused aliyah until 1973 because we were not recognized as Jews. Upon arrival in Israel we were forced to undergo a humiliating symbolic conversion. And there have been all too many incidents of prejudice:

Twice over a period of 10 years, blood donated by members of the Ethiopian community to Magen David Adom was secretly thrown out for fear it was contaminated with infectious diseases;

A school principal in Ashdod decided on his own to teach the Ethiopian children in segregated classrooms;

A couple of years later the same principal was accused of abusing Ethiopian children in a different school and was acquitted by the court;

The mayor of the city of Or Yehuda refused to accept Ethiopian children because he said they are "weak and will bring the education level down";

A bus driver in Jerusalem refused to let an Ethiopian woman commute from her home to work each day on his bus;

Another bus driver driving into Hebrew University refused to let an Ethiopian security guard check his bus.

While the incidents mentioned above were noted in the media, day-to-day discrimination experienced by many Ethiopian Israelis goes unreported. Worse yet, this discrimination exists at all levels of Israeli society.

What happened in Petach Tikvah is wrong and outrageous, but unfortunately, it is not shocking. What is shocking is day-to-day discrimination against Ethiopian Israelis that goes on almost unnoticed in our wonderful democratic country that is founded on the words "The State of Israel ... will ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex."

What is shocking is that Israel, which should be especially sensitive to bias and prejudice, acts as if discrimination is a problem that will eventually remedy itself.

We need to remind ourselves that Israel is supposed to be a light unto the nations and not merely a reflection of them. Israel should not be following the legacy of the numerous countries that have dealt badly with issues of racial discrimination. Israel should seize the opportunity presented by the latest "shocking" incident of discrimination against Ethiopian Israelis to accept the challenge of fighting discrimination and injustice.

I know that the challenges facing both Ethiopian Israelis and Israel as a society are great. An Ethiopian's background, customs, traditions, culture, mannerisms and knowledge differ in many ways from those of other Israelis. But contrary to what many people believe, the driving force behind our emigration to Israel was not the poor conditions and lack of food in Ethiopia. The driving force was our yearning to be in the Promised Land and our desire to see Jerusalem, our spiritual home for centuries. Israel cannot allow the problems that inevitably accompany a large immigration to grow and devolve into racism.

As a policy Israel does not condone discrimination against Ethiopian Israelis. But that is not enough. The government needs to make clear - by passing and enforcing new laws, by enforcing those already on the books and, most importantly, by the statements and actions of its own officials - that discrimination against Ethiopian Israelis will not be tolerated.

Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel once said, "How many disasters do we have to go through in order to realize that all of humanity has a stake in the liberty of one person? Whenever one person is offended, we all hurt. What begins as inequality of some inevitably ends as inequality of all." Let us not stand still and wait for the next shocking incident.

Batia Eyob, coordinator for the local Israel advocacy group, Israel at Heart, is former executive director of the Israel Association for Ethiopian Jews.

Upande mmoja wa shilingi ni huo, lakini kwa upande mwingine hawa ngozi nyeusi nao wana matatizo yao. Niliwahi kutazama documentary moja kuhusu hawa Wayahudi kutoka Ethiopia kuwa vijana wengi kutokana na hali ngumu ya maisha na kubaguliwa wamekuwa mobsters na wanajiona kama African Americans ktk USA. Sasa huwezi kutegemea watu wengine waheshimu race yako wakati wewe mwenyewe unai-abuse.

Lakini huo sio uungwana kabisa kuleta ubaguzi wa aina hii,sisi wote ni binadamu tumeumbwa na mmoja tu MUNGU mbona yeye hatubagui kiasi hicho? Hii ni laana tu mbona wao wakija huku kwetu TZ hatuwabagui,jews wana matatizo ndio mana walimkataa hata YESU KRISTO.

Of all people the jews should know better.

Given their history, from the yellow stars of Baghdad to the concentration camps of Germany.

Still some people never learn.

Na hao wa Ethiopia wanafanya nini huko Israeli? Wengine wanatumia kisingizio cha so called Uyahudi wao kusepa hali ngumu ya maisha Ethiopia

Kazi ipo!

They say that the Ethiopian jews in Israel have the highest suicide rate in the world ( do not quote me though this is anecdotal...I may have seen an article way back, I'm sorry i'm not able to substantiate lakini i hear this all the time my friends and i talk about the Falashas.)
It's trully sad...that a full grown member of the human race can talk like that, with so much hate and vitriol spewing from his mouth.

Apparently all human race originated from Africa....sasa yeye mwenyewe ka ji bagua au sio?

I'm really tempted to say what i really want to say but it will not be PC...So i stop here...

zidumu fikra sahihi za Aldof Hitler. bora angewachoma wote wafutike kabisa katika dunia hii

Bujibuji,
Haki tena do not go there...adolf Hitler was evil and what he did should not be wished on any one or any race no matter what!!!
Be careful what you write or speak..this is a public forum.

Hata mzee Kingunge yalishawahi kukuta misukosuko ya mambo ya kibaguzi na hapa nanukuu habari zake kwa kifupi.

Kingunge alitoa historia yake ya uongozi ndani ya chama na serikalini na namna alivyoshiriki kuijenga nchi hii tangu mwaka 1954, alisema analifahamu Kanisa Katoliki tangu enzi za Mkoloni na jinsi lilivyokuwa linatumia nguvu kuwakamata wale waliolipinga.

"Wakati nasoma Msimbazi nikiwa kidato cha pili, walitaka kunifukuza shule, kisa nilihoji sababu ya Padri Mzungu kututukana sisi wanafunzi weusi, niliepuka kufukuzwa kwa sababu Makamu Mkuu wa Shule hakuwa Mkatoliki.

Dhambi ya ubaguzi ndio inayowatafuna wana wa israel. Hitler alikerwa na mambo kama hayo. Pale German, Masinagogi ya wayahudi hakuna wengine waliruhusiwa kuingia, Kampuni kubwa zote za kwao hakuna ku-share na wengine, social networks ya wayahudi hakuna damu nyingine kuingia humo. Tisa, yote wanayoyafanya yatwatokea puani

...inasikitisha sana aisee,

Hali hii sawasawa na jamatini tu pale, hakuna Ismailia mweusi anayeruhusiwa kuingia 'msikitini' kwao...
na mabaniani hivyo hivyo!...

Ndio kusema, dhambi ya ubaguzi haifutiki wala kuepukika.

ubaguzi nchi za watu hupo na mkubwa sana.huko marekani kwenyewe ubaguzi hupo mpaka weusi kwa weusi.mmarekani mweusi anapobaki na muafrika anakubagua sema anapokuwa mtu mweupe involve anakuona wewe ndugu yake lol.hali ngumu sana kwenye swala la ubaguzi.wa ethiopia wenyewe pia wabaguzi na wanajua hilo kwahio hili swala ni la makundi yote sio swala la upande mmoja.

Back
Top Bottom