Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

I can see my future in software development

Discussion in 'Tech, Gadgets & Science Forum' started by Albedo, May 27, 2010.

1. Albedo

Albedo JF-Expert Member

May 27, 2010
    Asalaam wakuu

Jamani niendeleze kipaji changu cha Software Development i mean I want to serious engage in development software, I have a good knowledge of Software Development ila kitu ninachomiss ni Tools I mean Software developmet tool, nataka nijike ziadi katika Web driven database lakini bado niko gaizani as which tools are beter in making those staff

Nimejifunza Programming kwa kutumia Java, C++ vile vile nilisoma Software Development both Stracture and Object Oriented

Naombeni Ushauri

2. doup

doup JF-Expert Member

May 27, 2010
    mbona free tools kwa internet zimejaa tele mdau, kama uko vizuri kwa java nenda java.com: Java + You and www.Sun.com hopo utapata mzigo uko kamili Pia unaweza pata PHP compiler & DBMS u can used MySql.

3. Kang

Kang JF-Expert Member

May 27, 2010
    Web programming kuna option nyingi, ntakupa 3 ambazo ziko popular zaidi.

Ruby on Rails Ruby on Rails
    Ruby ni language, Rails ni framework.

PHP PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
    PHP ni language, kuna frameworks nyingi sana za PHP, Zend, Cake, CodeIgniter etc

ASP.Net Home: The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site
    ASP.Net ni framework, unaweza kutumia VB.net, C# au lugha yoyote ya .Net kuprogram.
    Hii ndo gharama zaidi kwa kuwa inabidi ununue Visual Studio ukitaka kuwa serious, na hosting yake nayo gharama zaidi. Ila ninavyoelewa ina "Scale" vizuri kuliko Ruby au PHP.

Ruby na PHP ni bure na hauhitaji kitu zaidi ya Notepad kuprogram na hosting zake cheaper.

Na kuna vitu ambavyo ni muhimu kujua in general kama JavaScript, HTML, XML etc.

Site nzuri inayocover Web Development ni SitePoint: Recent Web Design Tutorials, Interviews, Articles and more...

Labda mwisho niseme pia Java unaweza kutengeneza websites, so unaweza ukafanya hiyo since unajua Java tayari.

4. Albedo

Albedo JF-Expert Member

May 27, 2010
    Thanx

5. JuaKali

JuaKali JF-Expert Member

May 28, 2010
    Jaribu Joomla ni bomba sana.

6. Ramthods

Ramthods JF-Expert Member

May 28, 2010
    I think you need to make yourself much clearer!

7. Albedo

Albedo JF-Expert Member

May 29, 2010
    Mkuu I have a knowledge ambayo sikuwahi kuitumia ipasavyo mara baada ya kuipata, nimekuwa natangeneza database kwa kutumia Ms Access DBMS and I want to go further kutengeneza Web driven database, natafuta tools ambazo ni easy to use kama ziko drag and drop mzee itapendeza ukizipendekeza au kuziweka hapa, I need a tool that I can rapidly use to develop software

Asante

8. JuaKali

JuaKali JF-Expert Member

May 31, 2010
    Hii kitu huwa inanitatiza sana, inawezekana vipi software engineer (developer) ukawa na tatizo ndogo ndogo za kutafuta tools za kutengenezea web driven database? hii time unayospend kupost hapa inatosha sana ku-google ukapata kila kitu unachohitaji. Waswahili tujitahidi kufanya tafiti wenyewe kabla ya kuomba misaada.

9. Ramthods

May 31, 2010
    Mkuu, this is how I can help.

I started much or less like you 7 years ago working with MS Access as back-end but was using VB for my front end GUI's. It's been a while, and I have improved through trials and errors - some were worth the time I spent in whilst others were a total wastage.

What tools you should stick with largely depends on the question "Why do you want to be a software developer, and what do you want to accomplish?". This question should dictate not only what should be in your software development arsenal but venturing fields as well. Do you want to program for the web, for the desktop or both?

And be very careful when you answer such question. One wrong answer and your off the road for the rest of your career! When you start software development, you might think web applications is the only way forward and invest most of your efforts in that. But eventually, the pressure from clients and the requirements you have to accommodate in your next project might be enough reasons to decide to switch to developing for the desktop - which is what exactly happened to me. So today I develop for both!

One of the fews important lessons I have learned in my career is that being solely a desktop or web programmer is kind of a hard thing considering the thin line that separates the two environments. So here is my advice - Whatever you choose to start with, make sure it's easy to switch back. You are better off investing your time in a language that can do both. Pick a language that can be used in both environment, for example C#, VB.NET, Java etc if desktop programming is your first priority.

On the other hand, if passion with the web carries more weight, then learn whatever you have got to but PHP should be one of them. Personally, I develop web applications is PHP and ASP.NET - depending on whatever seems a perfect fit for the project in hand.

That said, if you were planning to start off with a language like C++, C or something similar - I would be very sorry for you!

But since you said you are interested in web stuff, here is how it goes:

If you start with ASP.NET, you need to know C#, or VB.NET (technically, a .NET family language is required), and Microsoft SQL Server works much better with ASP.NET than other database solutions.

If you start with PHP, MySQL works much better in PHP environments than other database solutions - so it's your choice.

In case you are not sure where to step in - stick with PHP since most people do that and huge availability in tutorials and development tools will do you good.

I don't have enough time to list down all possible tools, but will try to post some other time when I get a chance.

Wish you all the best!

10. Albedo

Albedo JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Mkuu asiyeulizaMaana Haambiwi Maana na Ukiona wewe wajua Moja Basi kuna Mwingine Ajua Mbili

11. Albedo

Albedo JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2010
    God Bless you Mkuu

12. JOYCE PAUL

JOYCE PAUL JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2010
    ramthod tumia busara haulizae ataka kujua,bara anayejua hajui kuliko anayejua anajua kumbe hajui kitu.

13. Ramthods

Jun 8, 2010
    What you think I could have done?

14. Kaa la Moto

Kaa la Moto JF-Expert Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nadhani ali intend kumwambia ndege ya uchumi lakini aka address kwako.
    Haya ni mawazo yangu tu maana sioni kosa lako lolote.

15. Albedo

Albedo JF-Expert Member

Jun 8, 2010
    ????? Nyota Nyota

16. E

Eliah Member

Jun 9, 2010
    friend u need to invest in exploring material in various search ingini such as brother Google and their fellows you gut to succeed and its not easy you need to tightly pull your trousers if not socks.