Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

HP Pavillion dv6700 powered on and off frequently

Discussion in 'Tech, Gadgets & Science Forum' started by mzeewadriver, Dec 9, 2009.

1. m

mzeewadriver Member

Dec 9, 2009
    I have an HP Pavilion dv6700 Entertainment Notebook, running Windows Vista. Recently, it has begun stalk/hanging and the monitor become white with lots black dots, and fail to restart by clicking CTRL+ALT+DEL.I used the power switch button to shut down. After it shuts off, I cannot power the laptop back on immediately. It Powered and off frequently till I press Esc button on the keyboard,it showered to its on but nothing displayed on the monitor. Sometimes it boot up after dispay windows desktop and stalk again.
    Could someone help me or offer any suggestions please.

2. Mentor

Mentor JF-Expert Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Could you check the virus update?
    Do you still have the Vista startup CD? run it and try to repair
    Why dont you migrate to Xp..(unless u r using ur comp for graphics works)..or better still to Windows 7(make sure u hav a genuine one)

3. m

mzeewadriver Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I dont think if its a virus problem, I have a vista startup CD, nimejaribu kurepair still inaleta manyokanyoka kama nilivyoeleza. Halikadhalika nimejaribu kudowngarde to Xp bado ni hivyo hivyo.

4. K

KAPECHA Member

Dec 10, 2009
    does your laptop goes to log on screen and hangs or when bios system load

5. m

mzeewadriver Member

Dec 10, 2009
    sometimes does, sometimes it boot up windows work correctly for almost five mins and hang. sasa nikiizima ndo inakuwa inawaka na kuzima.i.e unasikia fan inawaka then inazima nothing displayed on the monitor.

6. Who Cares?

Who Cares? JF-Expert Member

Dec 10, 2009
    pole sana...why not buy a new one?...it may take you a decade solving such a problem

7. Who Cares?

Who Cares? JF-Expert Member

Dec 10, 2009
    pole sana...why not thinkin of buyin a new one?...it may take you a decade solving such a problem

8. mirindimo

mirindimo JF-Expert Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Hi,hilo ni tatizo la hardware nenda ikafanyiwe maintanance na kusafishwa kitaalam....unaweza kupeleka mitsumi comp clinic nyuma ya kituo cha daladala cha stesheni au kwingineko.Karibu katika forum yetu www.myclubtz.com