How to start with construction of my dream house?

Samuel

Mar 13, 2009
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find contractors? I have been looking online and all I have seen are sites where you have to describe the job then wait to get called from a contractor or if I find a directory type of site there is a limited number of contractors in my area, but I know there are many more. I am trying to build my first house and I was planning on hiring all the contractors so I need a good resource to find them. Something with reviews and article would also be very beneficial, please let me know if anyone knows of a good place to look.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find contractors? I have been looking online and all I have seen are sites where you have to describe the job then wait to get called from a contractor or if I find a directory type of site there is a limited number of contractors in my area, but I know there are many more. I am trying to build my first house and I was planning on hiring all the contractors so I need a good resource to find them. Something with reviews and article would also be very beneficial, please let me know if anyone knows of a good place to look.

Samuel, swali lako liko kimtindo sana;

Hiyo nyumba unajenga wapi? wengine tuko ngudu na hakuna hizo websites... Tanzania, ulaya, america, arabuni au wapi? can you be more specific?

where ever you may build.. please do remember me when you fix Sliding Windows and Doors.
I got uPVC not aluminium
Wishing you a best of luck in building a dream house, like you may have built it in heaven with your good deeds !
:)

where ever you may build.. please do remember me when you fix Sliding Windows and Doors.
I got uPVC not aluminium
Wishing you a best of luck in building a dream house, like you may have built it in heaven with your good deeds !
:)

Is upvc better than alluminium?

Best of luck to you building your first house, it's an adventure. I would recommend talking to your neighbors and friends and see if they know any contractors they worked with in the past. Since I'm sure you already did that you should try . I found that they have a very easy to use search. They have the biggest list of contractors I have seen to date, plus you can write reviews and read their articles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samuel, are you serious?! Are you realy planning on hiring all the contractors?! Please be specific.

I suppose this guy has been boxing and now has some coins to build a small hse in TZ.
Because really houses are built by Tanzanians working in Govt offices and coloured people working/bizzing with them .
I know this contractor who uses fundi mchundos.In the long run you will come to find outside your compound short chingas with nyundos and chepeos and no even a sign board of your contractor.As an advice use a fundi mchundos direct and save those hard earned coins ! I know how the box looks like. Good luck.

Is upvc better than alluminium?

KITIA:-
uPVC is more better then aluminium :-

uPVC is RUST Proof -

Aluminium which are sold in DAR and in local Dubai companies are not PURE ALUMINIUM they are MIXED chemical ! SO it tends to get RUSTED

uPVC's Sound proofing is lot more better. Aluminium use RIBITS in joining the corners of the windows, uPVC is specially WELDED in machines.

uPVC is FIRE Retardant- Doesnt spread fire un-like Aluminium we have seen many house and buildings catch fire and all the aluminium starts melting !

Price is almost very SAME like aluminium.
Most countries prefer uPVC until KENYA its famous !

Tanzania tuna ingilia pole pole !
:):):)

If you need full details of upvc, you can write email directly to info@aqeel.co.tz

KITIA:-
uPVC is more better then aluminium :-

uPVC is RUST Proof -

Aluminium which are sold in DAR and in local Dubai companies are not PURE ALUMINIUM they are MIXED chemical ! SO it tends to get RUSTED

uPVC's Sound proofing is lot more better. Aluminium use RIBITS in joining the corners of the windows, uPVC is specially WELDED in machines.

uPVC is FIRE Retardant- Doesnt spread fire un-like Aluminium we have seen many house and buildings catch fire and all the aluminium starts melting !

Price is almost very SAME like aluminium.
Most countries prefer uPVC until KENYA its famous !

Tanzania tuna ingilia pole pole !
:):):)

If you need full details of upvc, you can write email directly to info@aqeel.co.tz

Mkuu smak786110 please educate me, can you weld uPVC(unplasticized

Poly Vinyl Chloride)?

What I know is, you can join uPVC by solvents or fittings!

Contractor feki wako kibao, nafikiri angesema yuko wapi ingekuwa rahisi kumsaidia. Kama alivyosema mkuu, bora utumie hawa wadogo unaweza kuserve kitu kidogo than those tapelis.

Mkuu smak786110 please educate me, can you weld uPVC(unplasticized

Poly Vinyl Chloride)?

What I know is, you can join uPVC by solvents or fittings!

Nope...
There are special machines to weld...Needs investment to buy those machines..
Aluminium can be joined with bits and pieces by hand...

I don't think, you would face much difficulty finding such a list, as many of sites have come up today with online listings of Contractors/Builders. Sounds like the problem you are running into is finding a directory that is very specific to construction and has a lot of business on it. Have you tried Profiles of Local they have over 250,000 contractors listed on their site, you should have no problem finding construction companies there.

You have to dream the house - as you call it - i.e. how you want it to look like - bedrooms, living room(s) kitchen - dining, launch - guest wing etc. halafu materials ziko kibao madukani - unakwenda na fundi - ujue fake na zinazodumu- ila ukishakuwa na plan kichwani au moyoni? contractor anaiweka kwenye paper - ikiwa na vipimo etc. according to size, location of your plot - tambarare au mlimani etc. Take the advice of fundi mchundo la sivyo contractors wengine mtagawana (atajenga ya kwake na yako) be careful!!!!

the unfinished house (your relationship is under construction);
and his coming from another room to ask you out (your long distance relationship) are all part of your subconcious effort to find an answer to your situation. Dreams are one part what you know-one part what you fear- and one part what you want.

Looking for a contractor?
You must be loaded Mr.
But then if you are to build your dream house then the first thing is for you to decide what you will build, a two storey building or three? a bungalow? two bedroom, or three? self contained or common services.
These answers may be made by only you and an architect will put them on paper n the form of drawings.An Engineer will do the engineering drwaings witha ll the details of steel required,column and beam sizes etc.
Then you might need an estimator for the cost of your house.You will probably need the services of a Quantity surveyor.You will then get a round figure of your venture.
THEN, and probaly then you might need the services of a Contractor to build your house.
I will advise you NOT to consult a contractor before seeing the above proffessionals who are critical in planning of your dream house.

Looking for a contractor?
You must be loaded Mr.
But then if you are to build your dream house then the first thing is for you to decide what you will build, a two storey building or three? a bungalow? two bedroom, or three? self contained or common services.
These answers may be made by only you and an architect will put them on paper n the form of drawings.An Engineer will do the engineering drwaings witha ll the details of steel required,column and beam sizes etc.
Then you might need an estimator for the cost of your house.You will probably need the services of a Quantity surveyor.You will then get a round figure of your venture.
THEN, and probaly then you might need the services of a Contractor to build your house.
I will advise you NOT to consult a contractor before seeing the above proffessionals who are critical in planning of your dream house.

No doubt wewe ni mhandisi..........Mkuu nitawasiliana nawe wakat muafaka ukiwadia.........

To avoid unnecessary pressure/problems ahead is better to think of these questions before finding a contractor

Aliyekuuzia plot/ ana haki ya kukuuzia?
Kiwanja kimepimwa?
Una “leseni ya makazi”?
Una "kibali cha ujenzi"?

Maana kwenye haya maswala ya ujenzi kuna sheria ambazo raia wengi hawajui kama zina exist

Nope...
There are special machines to weld...Needs investment to buy those machines..
Aluminium can be joined with bits and pieces by hand...

Yes, in fact uPVC windows zinaungika vizuri sana its a way to go kwa sasa. Tatizo ni wapi tutapata za bei nzuri, maana nilienda pale mbezi wakasema ni 200,000 per sq meter instead ya 100,000 za aluminium

Anyone anayejua cheap seller wa aluminium windows?