How to make your marriage/relationship work

Binti Maringo

JF-Expert Member
Jul 4, 2007
If you are willing to work to have a good marriage it is possible, but the key word is “work”.

10. Nix the Naggin’

Why is it when men think of women they think of nagging. Come on girls, do we really have to do this? Ever heard of killing someone with kindness? You don’t have to be Mary Poppins but would it actually hurt you to just communicate with your husband, don’t nag, if you ask and that doesn’t work, try leaving notes around the house (in case hubby tries to use the excuse of “I forgot”), that way you don’t actually “nag” and you may get whatever it was you wanted accomplished! A little sweetness goes a long way in a marriage, (ever heard of catching more flies with honey?)

9. Listen (or at least act like you are...)

Hubby had a hard day, he comes home and wants to talk. You have a dozen things to say plus a three ring circus going on in the next room (kids, cats, and so on...) Will it really hurt you to listen first- is it really important to be the first one to tell about your day? NO!!!! We all know men can be the biggest babies in the world, so let them have there moment and get on with things. What is important is COMMUNICATION !!! (There’s that silly little world again, are you beginning to see the pattern here?)

8. A Clean House is a Happy House

No one in their right mind wants to fall over toys, clothes, etc... You can’t tell me that you are just so busy EVERY SINGLE DAY that you don’t have a few spare minutes to clean up. I am an aspiring writer, home school mom with three boys (2 kids, 1 husband), 2 cats and a dog, talk about no time - HA - I don’t even remember what spare time is!!! The point I’m trying to make is make an effort. Trust me you don’t have to be Martha Stewart, a little here and there goes a long way!!

7. Food, Food, and More Food

The key to a man’s heart is through his stomach. We’ve all heard this one and let me tell you I never believed it until I tried it for myself. So you say, but I can’t cook....LEARN. Get everyone involved, kids can help, hubby can help, but the take out thing won’t keep a man happy for a lifetime. You don’t have to be a master chef, you’d be amazed a what you can do with a crockpot these days!!

6. Gotta have space

There has got to be times when you let hubby loose to do his own thing. Whether it be fishing, golf, hunting or whatever, let him have his time. If he’s not doing anything that could potentially hurt your marriage then let him go, WITHOUT NAGGING (see how I tie these things in together...) Get a life of your own. Get a sitter for the kids and grab a friend and get out of that house and have your own space!! You and hubby both will be more than happy to spend time together later, besides you do have the rest of your life together if you play your cards right.

5. Flatter When Necessary

Drop a compliment here or there, you like to get them don’t you? Men are no different than women (when it comes to this at least) It makes everyone feel better to hear something nice about themselves.

4. Let him have the remote!!

This speaks for itself. He wants to watch wrestling and you can’t think of anything you would like to do less. Let me just say, if you watch wrestling enough times, you’ll learn to like it. Then there is the alternative ...get a second set or if you have kids, a third...remote, remote, remote, enough to go around, everyone’s happy, end of discussion!

3. Laughter is the best medicine

The family that laughs together stays together. Keep humor in the house and don’t take life too seriously. You only live once right? Might as well make it fun.

2. Sex, Sex...

1. And More Sex

You don’t have to be a maniac and have sex every single night, but once every three months won’t cut it either!! Sex is more than just the physical sense of the word, a touch here, a kiss there, just being close to each other keeps the fires burning. Make time for your partner. If you really love him that shouldn’t be too hard to do.

Well that’s it for the list. Granted this list won’t work on every man out there, first you have to have married a “good” man. If you married a loser , he’ll stay a loser. For the majority of us who got good ,decent, loving men, it doesn’t take much to keep them and keep them happy. What’s that word I liked so much... oh yeah.... communication, keep the lines open and don’t bottle things up inside. I hope in some way this list has helped you or given you a good laugh one. Either way I’ll be happy with the results!!

Aaah bibie K1.....hizo nyingine ni hadithi tu they are not applicable....asikwambie mtu ukitimiza hilo uhusiano hautateteleka....au ndio mambo ya Why did i get married

Aaah bibie K1.....hizo nyingine ni hadithi tu they are not applicable....asikwambie mtu ukitimiza hilo uhusiano hautateteleka....au ndio mambo ya Why did i get married

Yo Yo unaweza badili jina na kuwa A fact man? unachangia ukweli tena kulingana na mazingira, siyo yaliojili kwenye vitabu. Big up sana.

...ha ha ha...

kali ni pale Bibie anapodhani maisha ni kama characters wa EGOLI, Secreto la Revenge, etc ...kina Solidad, Derrick etc...

Trust me Yo na hizo hadithi most of the time zinatokana na true story...so mimi nakushauri anza practise them and you will see....

The thing is mtu unaweza try a lot to make your relationship work lakini partner wako hana ushirikiano hiyo ni kama kusukuma mlevi...

Last edited:
Where do God comes in?

Of course god comes in before everything...he is the one who makes relationship strong and health if and only if you believe in him as our lord and savior.God gave us all the capacity to love and be loved, to have special relationship with our significant others.

Back
Top Bottom