How to Change Fonts for Your Website for beginners

Roses59

Jun 26, 2009
Here's how Web Design Services can set or change the font used for your site. To set the fonts for your entire document using cascading style sheets ("CSS"), use the font-family property on the "body" selector. For example, if you wanted to set your entire document to use the Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif set of fonts, you can include the following rule in your style sheet: body { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif ; }

To selectively set the font for a particular selector, for example, all paragraphs only, just change the font-family property for that selector. For example: p { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif ; }

Information about how to change fonts using Dreamweaver can be found in my tutorials: How to Change Font Typefaces, Weight, Style, Colour and Sizes in Dreamweaver CS4 (for CS4 users). How to Change Fonts and Colours in Dreamweaver CS3 (for CS3 users).

If you're still using the outdated Mozilla Composer web editor, see How to Change Fonts in Mozilla Composer . Why Does My Font Not Show When I View My Site on Another Computer?

Designing your web page using one of standard lists of fonts mean that your web page will have more or less the same appearance on all computers, regardless of operating system it uses. Although this may mean that you can exercise a little less creativity in the design of your page, given the current state of affairs, it is the constraint that web designers have to work within.

Otherwise you will end up like one of the visitors to thesitewizard.com who designed his site around a free font he found on the Internet only to find that when he accessed the site on another computer, it was displayed using a default browser font.

erm... you should mention clearly that its for beginners,
there ar hundreds of ways to set the fonts on a page, and i bet advance people won't be using the same font in a whole page *** that sounds a bit old fashion ***

And good warning is for those who like styles like me, last year i had a problem with fonts because i purchased a beauty font called president ***thats not a free font***

When i uploaded my site i could see my font on my pc were i installed it, but if i tried to browse using different font the computer would choose a different font due to lack of the original font... *** anyway we solved that probl ***

cheers

Back
Top Bottom