Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

how tanzania compares to other countries

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by nomasana, Feb 6, 2011.

1. n

nomasana JF-Expert Member

Feb 6, 2011
  2. n

Feb 6, 2011
    before some of you get hyped up for nothing and start attacking other people and their countries, please note:

this is just for fun. i thought it is intresting to compare how countries match up against each other

i did not write these statistics i am just copied from this site: http://www.ifitweremyhome.com/

dont be a buzz killer, this is just for fun
  3. L

Leney JF-Expert Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Hee, yani umejitetea hadi point zangu zote za kuandika zimepotea... breathe in, breathe out....ok, calm down and relax....no body is gona kill you.... :coffee:?
  4. G

Geza Ulole JF-Expert Member

Feb 6, 2011
    but there is explanation for all that you use more oil cause we use more gas so nothing to boast! and the electricity thing may be you should be more specific the percent comes from what? the number of users or what? btw we have power shading now so that can be an explanation eventhough i don't think it gets to 50% more in Kenya than Tanzania

This might be helpful to you according to UN and written by a Kenyan media
    Tanzanians live the longest in EA region - UN

Despite Kenya's improvement in achieving Millennium Development Goals, Tanzania has the best life expectancy in the region. File Photo

Send Cancel

Posted Thursday, October 21 2010 at 16:36

Tanzania has the highest life expectancy in East Africa, a sign the country is in better shape as it prepares for general election later this month.
    The latest State of World Population 2010 report says on average, Tanzanians would live for 56.9 years, however, men have one and half years less to live compared to women's 57.7 years.
    Life expectancy represents the average life span of a newborn and is an indicator of the overall health of a country.
    The latest information will be good news to Tanzanians as a higher life expectancy is always a positive sign on a country's socio-economic status.
    It comes after a recent report prepared by a Washington Think Tank, Centre for Global Development, identified Tanzania and Burundi as the regions laggards in achieving the MDGs targets by 2015.
    The report entitled ‘Who are the MDG trailblazers? A new MDG Progress Index' expressed disappointment with Tanzania, saying its high ratings in institutional performance, has not been replicated on MDGs.
    The indicators examined were poverty reduction, education, gender equality, child and maternal mortality, access to safe drinking water, undernourishment and prevalence of HIV/Aids rates.
    The situation in the neighbouring country Kenya, has also improved as the population is expected to live for an average of 55.5 years, an improvement from 2008 when life expectancy stood at 54 years for both men and women.
    However, women now have a slightly higher chance of living longer, up to 56 years, compared to men's 55 years.
    Uganda's life expectancy, on the other hand, is 54.1 years with women living longer (54.8 years) than men who live for 53.4 years.
    Rwanda has the lowest expectancy of 51.05 years, however, as in Kenya and Tanzania, women have a higher life expectancy, 52.9 years, compared to men's 49.2
    In Burundi, one is expected to live for an average of 51.35 years, with women living longer, 52.9 years, than men, 49.8 years,
    The years people live can be influenced by many factors, including the quality of life that is mainly determined by income levels, education, health expenditure and access to safe water.
    Life expectancy can fall due to problems like famine, war, disease and poor health. Improvements in health and welfare increase the chances of living longer.
    The low life expectancy in the two landlocked countries of Rwanda and Burundi can partly be attributed to years of instability due to past civil war. However, the countries have so far stabilized under civilian rule.
    Apart from war, diseases like Aids, malaria and tuberculosis have also played a role in the low life expectancy figures in East Africa, by reducing the survival chances of patients who also lack proper health care.
    Africa is home to the world's lowest life expectancies with may countries still recording figures that are below 50 years. Some of the countries mentioned are Democratic Republic of Congo (48 years), Mozambique (48.35 years), Swaziland (46.9 years), Zimbabwe (46.75 and Lesotho (45.75 years).
    Those with the highest life expectancy in the world are Japanese women (86.6 years), Hong Kong women (85.4 years), French women (85 years), Italian women (84.4 years), Spanish women (84.4 years), Swiss women (84.4 years) and Australian women (84.1 years).
    Women almost always have higher life expectancies than men, however, the reason is not fully understood.
    While some scholars argue that women are biologically superior to men and thus live longer, others argue that men perform risky and hazardous jobs like those in factories and military service. Men also generally drive, smoke and drink more than women - men are even more often murdered.
    On infant mortality, the report says Kenya and Tanzania have the lowest numbers at 60, followed by Uganda (70), Burundi (95) and Rwanda (96).
    The East African: *- News*|Tanzanians live the longest in EA region - UN

NOTE: don't be unnecessarily excited, BTW mna njaa right now in the NE Kenya you probably should be using your time to raise funds to buy those guys food from Tanzania or Uganda and spare their lives!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  5. Chamoto

Chamoto JF-Expert Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I actually like the way they play with the numbers.
    I remember years ago (back in the 90s) I read that
    the consumption of electricity for one person in the
    US equals to 240s people in Tanzania.

But this is just a generalization because many people
    in Tanzania don't have electricity in their homes so
    when you look at the average you get these funny

We really have a long way to go.
  6. The Quonquerer

The Quonquerer JF-Expert Member

Feb 6, 2011
    nomasana, don't be that defensive..it can be the other way round..i don't trust african takwims! they always lead you to wrong conclusions, and they are not model friendly!
  7. n

Feb 7, 2011
    thank you. i had to put a disclaimer cuz i know some people on here would just miss the point of why i started this topic

if you want to go to that site and compare other countries throughout the world. i think its fun.
  8. L

Leney JF-Expert Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Thanx nomasana, I checked out the site, I just loved the pipo's comments there, atleast they were honest and most times against the statistics(I actually compared Tz to Brazil)......

But I thnk it aint healthy to be that defensive/prejudicial, so always give pipo a benefit of doubt, besides you shud always remember that words killed no body... and in an open minded forum as this, you should expect anything... an always have the fun...life z too short...