Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

How an EAF government should look like.

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by MwanaFalsafa1, Jun 16, 2009.

1. MwanaFalsafa1

MwanaFalsafa1 JF-Expert Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I have been thinking of a system in which a potential EAF might operate under then I got an idea. I believe EAF should be under a federalist system but unlike the American one in ours the states will be more powerful than the cenrtal government. The states of course would be Tanzania, Kenya, Ugandan and probably Rwanda and Burundi. Here is how it will work.

1.Each state will have it's own government. No not the one with a president but a state government. Each individual state will be headed by a governor and his/her subordinates. Each state will have individual laws and governance free from the central government. This will guarantee that the current countries will still have some control over some of it's own issues. Lets be realistic if we do unite people will still relate more closely to their current countries.

2.Each state will elect a number of it's citizens to the national parliament. For example, if each state is allowed 100 members of parliament then the individual states must divide themselves into 100 constituencies. This will guarantee that the parliament is not controlled by people of one state.

3.The executive branch should have a president and two vise presidents. If a president is from Tanzania then the two VP slots should go to a Kenyan and Ugandan.

4.The central government is to handle issues of foreign affairs, defense, education, transportation etc. Other areas which the central government is to handle will be listed in the consititution of course.

5.The central government should not interfere with the issues of the states unless they are of significance to the union and threatens it.

6.I have already implied it but anyway. The constitution should clearly say what each government can or can't do.

7.A limit to the number of terms and how many years each presidential term contains. We know some of our leaders are power hungry. Again this will be stated in the constitution but it is such an important point that it's worth mentioning separately.

8.The cabinet should have 15 ministries with five ministers from each individual country. Who gets what post will be left to the president and his/her VP's to decide.

9.The military should be as balanced as much as possible. Each state should have it's own military and the central government should also have an army.

10.The governments(both state and central) should and must be secular.

These are just a few points cause I can't possibly write a whole consitution. So if you see something missing or you think it shouldn't be there don't complain, suggest. I will probably edit a few points after getting feed back from my fellow East Africans.

2. Kikojozi

Kikojozi JF-Expert Member

Jun 17, 2009
    This is a very good step. In theory we would be better off adopting the American constitution. However, whichever constitution we adopt for EAF, whether home-grown or imported, it will remain a mere document.

Impunity is rife throughout EA. Constitutions are ammended at the whim of a ruler, or simply ignored.

In my opinion, let us import any decent constitution to save time and resources, modify a few bits to reflect our realities and have Kagame as president of EAF for life.

3. Smatta

Smatta JF-Expert Member

Jun 17, 2009
    you are joking right?I am proposing Museveni to be the life president of EAC, atleast they have some oil in their country, and dude knows how to hold his own, can rig elections and walk scott free.

4. Offish

Offish Senior Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Smatta, Mu7 for EAF life Presidency??? You must also be kidding. The guy should brace himself for a coop d'etat this time to be engineered by Kenya, the MGINGO saga is not over yet...

5. Kikojozi

Jun 17, 2009
    I'm serious about Kagame. He is the only EA president who can knock sense into our heads. M7 may deputize him and be incharge of security affairs.

6. MwanaFalsafa1

Jun 17, 2009
    Smatta is being sarcastic thats why he marked the names with read and if you red between the lines he is clearly being sarcastic.

7. MwanaFalsafa1

Jun 17, 2009
    Does the EAF president have to come from the present leaders?

8. Kikojozi

Jun 17, 2009
    Not necessarily. I'm rooting for Kagame because of his track record. What this man has achieved for Rwanda is nothing short of a miracle. Non of his colleagues has been able to emulate that. The whole region will definetly benefit if he is in-charge.

9. Freetown

Freetown JF-Expert Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Just copy from USA it is the right one

10. Chapakazi

Chapakazi JF-Expert Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Kwa nini tusi-copy EU? Which is an actual union between countries?

11. Freetown

Freetown JF-Expert Member

Jun 18, 2009

Nayo siyo mbaya ni wazo zuri, lakini hawa kila nchi ina jeshi lake, wakati USA muungano wao jeshi ni moja ila sheria zinatofatiana kati ya state na state. Uzuri wa hii ya USA itaondoa uwezekano wa kupigana vita kati ya hizo states

12. Chapakazi

Chapakazi JF-Expert Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Mkuu, ume-miss hii:
    mwenyewe ka-propose kila mmoja kuwa na jeshi!!

13. Natty Bongoman

Natty Bongoman JF-Expert Member

Jun 18, 2009
    What was wrong with the model under which the original EAC operated ? has anyone explored that? I think we tend to assume that since the EAC collapsed, the model was bad... it is my understanding that EAC was flourishing to the end... it collapsed because of political bs and western injection of 'divide n conquer' politricks. To the west, it was getting too 'successful', thus threating to the status quo... ama?