Here comes Rwanda... again

Mzee Mwanakijiji

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2006
Rwanda unveils first bio-diesel bus(BBC)

_47542915_inauguration.jpg
Some say Rwanda is too small to grow enough bio-diesel crops for many buses

Rwanda's first bio-diesel bus has begun its inaugural trip from the capital Kigali to the town of Akanyuru on the border with Burundi.
The Rwanda Biodiesel Express runs entirely on oil plants, animal fats and even used cooking oil from restaurants.
The BBC's Geoffrey Mutagoma, who attended the inauguration, says that it took three years to develop the bus.
The Rwandan government hopes that bio-diesel will help reduce the country's dependence on fossil fuels.
"Using 100% bio-diesel reduces carbon monoxide emissions by 48%," says Jean Baptiste Nduwayezu, head of the Institute of Scientific and Technological Research (IRST).
But researchers estimate that 225,000 hectares of oil plants - such as avocado, moringa and jatropha - would be needed to supply the whole of Rwanda with bio-diesel.
This represents about 8.5% of the country's total area and has led some to doubt whether Rwanda is big enough to make bio-diesel a viable alternative to fossil fuels.
But Rwanda's Minister of Forestry and Mines Christopher Bazivamo dismissed such fears.
"We could plant moringa trees along all the roads. That way there would be no land shortage problem," he told the BBC.

My Take:
Congratulations...

I heard this on BBC news today when I was driving home. It made me think twice about why do we struggle tomove forward from where we are. Kagame could be a dictator,but history would label him differently when it comes to where he visioned Rwanda to be.Na unaweza kuta kuna watanzania kibao wanaosindikiza hizi mbio za technologia ya Rwanda bila hata sisi wenyewe kushituka. Walianza na computer kwa kila mtoto wa shule. Leo wana mabasi ya bio diesel.
Sisi tuna gas kibao Mtwara na Mkuranga, lakini hatuna umeme wa kutosha wala hakuna hata gari moja ndani ya mji huu inayotumia gas as fuel.Hizi daladala zingeliweza kabisa kushusha gharama za uendeshaji kama gas ikiliweza kutumika.
Kweli kwenye miti hakuna wajenzi!

Rwanda unveils first bio-diesel bus(BBC)

_47542915_inauguration.jpg
Some say Rwanda is too small to grow enough bio-diesel crops for many buses

Rwanda's first bio-diesel bus has begun its inaugural trip from the capital Kigali to the town of Akanyuru on the border with Burundi.
The Rwanda Biodiesel Express runs entirely on oil plants, animal fats and even used cooking oil from restaurants.
The BBC's Geoffrey Mutagoma, who attended the inauguration, says that it took three years to develop the bus.
The Rwandan government hopes that bio-diesel will help reduce the country's dependence on fossil fuels.
"Using 100% bio-diesel reduces carbon monoxide emissions by 48%," says Jean Baptiste Nduwayezu, head of the Institute of Scientific and Technological Research (IRST).
But researchers estimate that 225,000 hectares of oil plants - such as avocado, moringa and jatropha - would be needed to supply the whole of Rwanda with bio-diesel.
This represents about 8.5% of the country's total area and has led some to doubt whether Rwanda is big enough to make bio-diesel a viable alternative to fossil fuels.
But Rwanda's Minister of Forestry and Mines Christopher Bazivamo dismissed such fears.
"We could plant moringa trees along all the roads. That way there would be no land shortage problem," he told the BBC.

My Take:
Congratulations...
my bro mkjj,this rwandese can use everything to get peoples attention,but i can congratulate them too for that biogass bus blaah blaah,but do u know whats happening there now??do u know freedom of speech,do u know who get benefit of those busses?do u know who know the satisfaction of rwandese people?now all government just show example of what they did in kigali,did u go even 10 km from kigali and see how people living in deadly poverty?my friend,we have to talk so these people will stop killing each other,the govern owner are the one do devisism between hutu and tutsi.now its another genocide boiling,dnt wonder is just b,coz kagame mention all hutu genocidaire,thats not fair,those all people living on there rwanda and their majority,now everyone,everywhere no matter was in rwanda or not that time,but is hutu is genocider,i hate that kind of politic agenda.

I heard this on BBC news today when I was driving home. It made me think twice about why do we struggle tomove forward from where we are. Kagame could be a dictator,but history would label him differently when it comes to where he visioned Rwanda to be.Na unaweza kuta kuna watanzania kibao wanaosindikiza hizi mbio za technologia ya Rwanda bila hata sisi wenyewe kushituka. Walianza na computer kwa kila mtoto wa shule. Leo wana mabasi ya bio diesel.
Sisi tuna gas kibao Mtwara na Mkuranga, lakini hatuna umeme wa kutosha wala hakuna hata gari moja ndani ya mji huu inayotumia gas as fuel.Hizi daladala zingeliweza kabisa kushusha gharama za uendeshaji kama gas ikiliweza kutumika.
babu sie swala la kupiga domo na porojo tuko njema sana,ndo nilisema ingekua inawezekana tukamkodi kagame japo mwaka ingekua poa sana,lakini kagame anafanya sawa kabisa kwa nchi ilkiyokumbwa na masahibu ya mauaji,simkubali tu kwa ajili ya kuwatenga wale jamaa wahutu,na kingine,yes wataalam wa ushauri was sayansi na teknolojia yuko profesa mbongo pale KIST,ndo anafanya mambo na katoka hapo mlimani.sie tuendelee kupiga domo tu.

Ndahani,
Hivi ile gesi ya Mtwara bado ni yetu? Nasikia aligawiwa Mmarekani.
Tunanunua kutoka kwake, au nilitaarifiwa vibaya?

Ndahani,
ndugu yangu angalia vizuri hata wewe ushauzwa, sio gesi ya mtwara,imefika pahala sisi tutakujapelekwa pahali tukakabidhiwa mtu na tukapandishwa meli na kusafirishwa hivihivi tunajiona,then akaja akauliza mtu hivi tunauzwa eeeh?

Babu hapo KIST c kwamba yupo Prof. m1 tu mbongo, I've heard kuwa wapo kadhaa. Some raised ile plan ya kuwa na kijiji cha sayansi na marehemu Prof. Shayo ndio alikuwa mkuu wa project but never won govt. full support, Kagame kapenda ideas zao kawavuta pande zile anawatumia. "Ukisema wa nini, mwenzako anajiuliza ntampata lini?"

my bro mkjj,this rwandese can use everything to get peoples attention,but i can congratulate them too for that biogass bus blaah blaah,but do u know whats happening there now??do u know freedom of speech,do u know who get benefit of those busses?do u know who know the satisfaction of rwandese people?now all government just show example of what they did in kigali,did u go even 10 km from kigali and see how people living in deadly poverty?my friend,we have to talk so these people will stop killing each other,the govern owner are the one do devisism between hutu and tutsi.now its another genocide boiling,dnt wonder is just b,coz kagame mention all hutu genocidaire,thats not fair,those all people living on there rwanda and their majority,now everyone,everywhere no matter was in rwanda or not that time,but is hutu is genocider,i hate that kind of politic agenda.

how does freedom of speech helped us? tunazungumza weeeee halafu tunapiga makofi! si unaona ya China na hata Vietnam.. maendeleo jamani hayaji kiurahisi rahisi..

Ndahani,

Kwa kweli tuongee uwazi na ukweli Rwanda wapo juu kwa kila kitu na wametuzidi. Tatizo la Rwanda naona hakuna Demokrasia ya ukweli ingawa ndo nchi inayo ongoza kuwa na wabunge wanawake wengi duniani 50% Kagame anastahili pongozi za dhati anajua kung'ata na kudeal na watu wachafu anajua kufanya kazini.

Show me an African country that is so different from Rwanda in the aspects you put forward here. Try going just a few kilometres outside or inside of Dar-es-Salaam and see if the situation is so different.

Truth be told, these people are moving forward. Investing in the future. A few years from now Rwanda will probably be Africa's China or Malaysia or Singapore... and Tanzania will still be the Bangladesh that it is today

Rwanda ni nchi ndogo sana, unaweza kubuni mikakati ya maendeleo ukahimiza utekelezaji wake na ukaona matokeo yake kwa muda mfupi,ukubwa wa rwanda ni kama mkoa mmoja wa tanzania.
Kwahiyo hata kuiongoza ni rahisi kulinganisha na nchi kubwa kama tanzania au kenya.

Rwanda ni nchi ndogo sana, unaweza kubuni mikakati ya maendeleo ukahimiza utekelezaji wake na ukaona matokeo yake kwa muda mfupi,ukubwa wa rwanda ni kama mkoa mmoja wa tanzania.
Kwahiyo hata kuiongoza ni rahisi kulinganisha na nchi kubwa kama tanzania au kenya.

Somi, kwani Tanzania ikiendeshwa kwa mfumo unaokubalika wa majimbo, hatutafika? Badala ya kuongeza majimbo ya uchaguzi wangeunda majimbo ya kimamlaka. Hivyo maendeleo yangefika sehemu za chini haraka.

Tusitafute visingizio. Mbona Marekani ni kubwa kuliko hata Tanzania na wako mbali kimaendeleo?

Hiyo technolojia haipo sustainable. Tusidanganyane wajameni. Hakuna possibility ya ku-meet bio-fuels demands bila kuathiri sekta nyingine zinazotegemea rasilimali adhimu na adimu ya ardhi.

and how do u explain about America..say Texas.?

Do you work for some kind of NGO? The Rwandese are doing something to get themselves out of the poverty you are talking about. Comparatively we have freedom of speech than them, but what good has it done us? Are we richer than them? All countries we are now calling emerging economic giants (the Asian tigers, etc.) made progress under dictators. I don't think their people are regretting what they now have.

hata kama hawana hiyo resource ya Biofuel, Shamba la Bibi lipo watakuja kuchukua tu TZ

Eti freedom of speech,marekani kwenyewe hakuna hiyo freedom of speech,nchi kama rwanda inabidi waweke chuo kufundisha viongozi wazembe ,wako bize na safari na hawafuatilii watendaji wao kama wanatekeleza maagizo.

big up rwanda,may its time jk aende kujifuza how kagame anamanage watu wake,

The bigger the country the bigger the market.

Hiyo technolojia haipo sustainable. Tusidanganyane wajameni. Hakuna possibility ya ku-meet bio-fuels demands bila kuathiri sekta nyingine zinazotegemea rasilimali adhimu na adimu ya ardhi.

Habari ndiyo hii. Tafiti zote zinathibitisha duniani technolojia hii haipo sustainable. TZ tulikuwa na gari la biofuels. Pale UDSM miaka ya 90 kulikuwa research na hata engine/gari la bio-fuels (na watafiti walihitimisha kwamba technolojia nii haipo sustainable).

Kama alivyosema mchangiaji mmoja hapo kabla ... hawa wanatafuta attention tu.

how does freedom of speech helped us? tunazungumza weeeee halafu tunapiga makofi! si unaona ya China na hata Vietnam.. maendeleo jamani hayaji kiurahisi rahisi..
hii ndio tabu yetu sisi hapo,porojo nyingi sana,na tuko busy sana kujali maslahi binafsi,kila kitu tunaweka kumfuko,wananchi watajaza

Back
Top Bottom