Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Help: Programming in Java - automated teller machine (atm) system

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Elimu (Education Forum)' started by user.name, Apr 11, 2011.

1. user.name

user.name Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Can anybody help me please?

I need help with my Assignment:
    • This assignment is about concurrent programming in JAVA
    • I'm required to come up with a system that can simulate an Automated Teller Machine

(ATM)
    • JAVA should be used as a programming language

The ATM must be able to provide the following services to the customer:
    1. A customer must be able to make a cash withdrawal from any suitable account linked

to the card, in multiples of $20.00. Approval must be obtained from the bank before

cash is dispensed.
    2. A customer must be able to make a deposit to any account linked to the card,

consisting of cash and/or checks in an envelope. The customer will enter the amount of

the deposit into the ATM, subject to manual verification when the envelope is removed

from the machine by an operator. Approval must be obtained from the bank before

physically accepting the envelope.
    3. A customer must be able to make a transfer of money between any two accounts linked

to the card.
    4. A customer must be able to make a balance inquiry of any account linked to the card.
    A customer must be able to abort a transaction in progress by pressing the Cancel key

instead of responding to a request from the machine.
    • Please see attached file for more info (case study)
    • Links to the material sources would help also