Hasheem Thabeet: The Tanzanian Phenom

Hapa mbona pamepoa ghafla, kulikoni?

Vipi matokeo waungwana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hadi kuzungusha antenna; antennae ya butterfly hapa kwa mwinyiamani kunguru hawaichezei mbali.

Connecticut 60
Pittsburgh 70

Hii ndo timu ile ile ambayo jamaa alimtupa Thabeet, naona inawapa tabu sana.

..Najua hii ni ya kule (michezo) lakini hapa wengi ndio mnakuja sasa inabidi muone kijana wetu anavyofanya mambo makubwa..haters wote + Kuhani mnaweza kunywa sumu mfe ila kijana anaelekea NBA (projected top 3)....tutaendelea

Blair, Thabeet share Big East award
By JIM O'CONNELL, AP Basketball Writer
NEW YORK (AP)—DeJuan Blair and Hasheem Thabeet spent a lot of time this season in close quarters on the basketball court.

On Tuesday, they were close again, this time accepting trophies as co-players of the year in the Big East Conference.

The centers had two great individual battles this season when Blair’s Pittsburgh team swept Thabeet’s Connecticut team as they finished tied for second in the conference behind Louisville.

“It’s all about respect and we have a lot of respect for each other,” said Blair, who at 6-foot-7 is 8 inches shorter than Thabeet. “On the court, it’s all business, off the court it’s a different story.”

Blair averaged 15.6 points and a league-leading 12.4 rebounds while shooting 59.6 percent from the field.

Thabeet, the Big East’s defensive player of the year the past two seasons, averaged 13.6 points, 10.8 rebounds and 4.5 blocks.

“To think of where I was three years ago, this is unbelievable,” said Thabeet, a native of Tanzania, who attended prep school in Texas. “It’s great being here with DeJuan. He deserves it. He is one of the best players in the country. Every day you step on the court in this league you are going to be with the best.”

The centers were chosen in a vote of the conference’s coaches and Monday’s tie was the fifth in the 30-year history of the league, the last in 2002 between players from the same schools, Caron Butler of Connecticut and Brandin Knight of Pittsburgh.

Jay Wright, who led Villanova to a school-record 25 wins, was selected coach of the year for the second time.

“To be selected by the coaches in this league means the world to me,” said Wright, who also won the award in 2006. “I look around and see (Connecticut’s) Jim (Calhoun) and (Pittsburgh’s) Jamie (Dixon) and I say. ‘What am I doing with this award?”’

Georgetown’s Greg Monroe was chosen Big East rookie of the year and West Virginia’s Alex Ruoff was selected the league’s scholar-athlete.

......Kuhani endelea kusoma na hii...
STORRS, Conn. — Only two players in UConn history have been named back-to-back Big East Defensive Player of the Year: Emeka Okafor and Hasheem Thabeet.

But there’s one key difference between the two players.

“He says, ‘I haven’t led us to where Emeka did,’” UConn head coach Jim Calhoun said Monday. “Maybe if he leads us to a Big East championship in the tournament, or beyond that, then we have to talk.”

Thabeet’s announcement caps an award-winning weekend for the Huskies, even if they did not clinch the top seed in the Big East tournament after their 70-60 loss at Pittsburgh on Saturday.

In addition to receiving the honor as the Defensive Player of the Year, Thabeet was named to the six-man Big East first team. Guard A.J. Price was selected to the second team, forward Jeff Adrien made the third team and Kemba Walker was selected to the all-rookie team.

“It’s just great,” said Thabeet, who averaged 13.6 points, 10.6 rebounds and 4.5 blocks per game this season. “I’m just having a good time being around these guys and being at UConn. I play for a great teacher, and they help me a lot.”

Price, who was named to the Big East first team last season, led UConn in scoring 10 times this season en route to an average of 13.3 points per game. Adrien, a first-team selection last season and a second-team selection as a sophomore, averaged 13.7 points and 9.9 rebounds over 30 games.

“You could make a case that he could have been higher, but then again, you could probably do that with 12, 13 players,” Calhoun said.

“It’s a very tough league,” Adrien said. “Sixteen teams … there are so many guys that could make that list.”

With individual honors behind them, the Huskies (27-3) will aim to remain in the spotlight with a strong performance at this week’s Big East tournament. As the No. 3 seed, UConn has earned a double-bye, meaning action will begin Thursday in the quarterfinals against No. 6 Syracuse, No. 11 Seton Hall or No. 14 USF.

“We had a good regular season at 27-3 and started off very strong,” Price said. “We didn’t end as strong as we would have liked, but that’s the beauty of this: it’s like a whole new season.”

..Najua hii ni ya kule (michezo) lakini hapa wengi ndio mnakuja sasa inabidi muone kijana wetu anavyofanya mambo makubwa..haters wote + Kuhani mnaweza kunywa sumu mfe ila kijana anaelekea NBA (projected top 3)....tutaendelea
kweli mkuu Kuhani humtakii hasheem maendeleo yake? au ni majungu ya Koba na Nyani Ngabu?........sidhani kama Kuhani anaweza kuwa na roho ya namna hii......mnamsingizia....

kweli mkuu Kuhani humtakii hasheem maendeleo yake? au ni majungu ya Koba na Nyani Ngabu?.........
Keep my name out of your mouth fool....mimi sijamtaja huyo mtu....mimi nimesema haterz...sasa kama wewe na yeye kiatu kinawatosha kivaeni...

..mimi nadhani tumuunge mkono na kumtakia heri dogo Hashim Thabeet.

..sote tuungane pamoja kuyafurahia mafanikio yake kama Mtanzania mwenzetu.

..Hashim akienda NBA atakuwa na nafasi nzuri sana ya kuisaidia familia yake.

..kwa watanzania wenzangu: let this kid be a basketball player, not role model to your kids, or Tanzania's ambassador at large.

NB:

..ila siku akicheza dhidi ya timu yangu sitakuwa na uzalendo.

Hata hivyo ni kweli kuwa Kuhani hamtakii Hasheem mema na kesha wahi kutumia jukwaa hili kum-smear na vi-story vya uongo!!! Kwahiyo mwenye majungu ni Kuhani na Yo-yo the dancer!!
hapana mkuu.....sipigi majungu nafurahi sana kwa jitihada zake.....nafikiri post yangu hukuilewa.....isome tena vizuri....