Hasheem Thabeet: From the NBA to the D-League

Geza Ulole

JF-Expert Member
Oct 31, 2009
Trade Deadline: Anyone want Thabeet?

Posted on: February 15, 2011 1:22 pm

thabeetdesperate.jpg

Grizzlies "aggressively" shopping Hasheem Thabeet.
Posted by Matt Moore

The fact that Hasheem Thabeet is still on the market is amazing. I mean, when you have a chance to add a player being paid as a number two overall pick avergaing 1.1 points, with 1.6 rebounds and .3 blocks while shooting 42% from the field with a PER of 4.8, how do you not jump at that opportunity? And yet the Memphis Grizzlies continue to struggle with finding a team willing to take on Thabeet. Because he is terrible.

From the Memphis Commercial Appeal:
Second-year center Hasheem Thabeet remains the only piece Griz management is including in aggressive trade talks.​
via Mayo returns tonight, but Griz bench has thrived in his absence » The Commercial Appeal.

The longer this goes on, the more it's going to become a problem for Memphis. It's not just about getting rid of a drain on the payroll and rotation. Thabeet's presence is a reminder of one of the worst blunders in recent team history (and it's a pretty extensive list to begin with). The team could have had Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, even Jordan Hill would have been a better pick in 2009. So getting rid of him means they won't have to deal with his restricted free agency and can at least decrease the number of times that mistake is mentioned. Owner Michael Heisley has openly said that drafting Thabeet was his call (which should forever more be used as evidence as to why he should never be involved in basketball decisions), so the ignominy is that much worse.

Thabeet seems isolated in the locker room most times, and Lionel Hollins has elected not to use him in most games this season, even when there's a clear size advantage to be had. Thabeet's not without any redeeming qualities. He is tall, and there's a lot of upside there if he could find a coaching system that had the time, resources, and inclination to develop him. Lionel Hollins is not that coach.

The most likely scenario for how this situation ends? Thabeet is included in a deal for O.J. Mayo as the price for acquiring Mayo.

Category: NBA

Tags: 2011 NBA Trade Deadline, 2011 Trade Deadline rumors, Hasheem Thabeet, Memphis Grizzlies, trade rumors
Community - CBSSports.com

Duuh jamaa wamarekani wanamponda sana mshkaji inabidi akoma..

Over the past 3 games Thabeet has participated in, he has played a total of 30 minutes, in which he had a total of 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 0 points, 0 TOs, and 4 fouls.

That means over the past 3 games Hasheem is averaging 10 minutes per contest, 2.6 rebounds, 0.3 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 0 points, 0 TOs, and 1.3 fouls.

Now just for laughs, lets compare Hasheem's numbers over the past 3 games to Tyreke Evans (the dude we should have drafted).

Over the past 3 games, Evans is averaging 39 minutes per game, 4.3 rebounds, 8.3 assists, 1 block, 2.3 steals, 20.6 points, 2 TOs, and 3 fouls.

I don't know whether to laugh, or to cry.

Honestly and truthfully , could Haddadi do any worse than Hasheem? When Haddadi played for Iran in the FIBA championships, he led his team in many categories I believe. I know its Iran but Thabeet has never done anything like that. Anyone can tell that Hamed at least HAS a basketball IQ and it may be pretty good. Why wont Hollins give him a chance to spell Marc sometimes? I know we dont see him in practice but we have seen him a few times in games and he actually knows what to do and that is a welcome change from Thabeet so why wont Lionel even play him at all?

Gonna keep posting this...........

#2 overall pick Thabeet 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks and ZERO minutes.
#3 overall pick James Harden 5-6 from the floor, 3-3 from 3pt. land for 15 points

Good pick Grizz! I am in no means in love with James Harden either. I can't imagine Thabeet EVER scoring 15 points in an NBA game.

Here you can find all the stuff about Thabeet.

If anybody can help me bc i didn`t found the rest of the Thabeet SUCKS threads ...

EPIC Thread

Thabeet Traded

Chuck Norris meet Thabeet´s Presence by bgassasin

Serial of Thabeet Sucks

Missed part I part II and part IV HELP PLEASE
Hasheem Thabeet Sucks Part III OP: MasterGrizz

Hasheem Thabeet Sucks Part V OP: Reisen

Hasheem Thabeet Sucks Part VI or Thabeet is better PG than Rubio nominated for Post of the year OP: Reisen

Honorable Mention:

Thabeet is better than Rubio OP: Grizzly Grit

what is OR has gone wrong-this does not look good,the only sportsman who is putting us on the map is missfiring,lets pray its a temporary blip

labda Pazi ya Dar....hajitumi kabisa huyu kijana na matokeo yake ndiyo hayo.

utaambiwa una wivu na mafanikio yake.....leo hii mwenzake Griffin ana shine balaa.....

Yoyo nakubalina na wewe..kuna kipindi watu walijaribu kumweka sawa huyu dogo kipindi kile kashushwa timu B; lakini majibu ya huyu dogo yalinisikitisha sana..eti ooh, haters !! Badala ya kuichukulia kama challenge a-pull up his socks yeye akawa analeta nyodo !!! Sasa haya matusi anayotukanwa na hawa wazungu sijui anayazungumziaje? still haters?!!! na kocha wake anayemuuza?? Naye haters?!!! Dogo Hashim jifunze kukubali makosa na kujifunza kutokana na makosa ili usirudie kosa!

Dah!! This is too bad halafu ukizingatia alikuwa drafted in NBA as pick number 2 that's even becomes worse

kama Jey key tu,ameingia NBA kwa mbwembwe ,kila mara yupo holliday bongo,so anavuna alichopanda. wakimfukuza arudi bongo,tupishane naye baa and pubs,this tyme hatokuwa na nyodo ya kutishia watu ikulu na usalama wake

Hasheem traded to the Rockets. I think this is his last chance. If he does not shape up and put in the extra work he will be out of the league in a couple years if not sooner.

Hasheem traded to the Rockets. I think this is his last chance. If he does not shape up and put in the extra work he will be out of the league in a couple years if not sooner.
Lucky chap.....akaze buti

Shane Battier Traded To Grizzlies For Hasheem Thabeet; Rockets Also Receive Pick

Shane Battier has been traded to the Memphis Grizzlies for Hasheem Thabeet, report Chris Vernon and Yahoo!'s Adrian Wojnarowski. The Houston Rockets will also receive a protected first-round draft pick from Grizzlies. NBA trade rumors surrounded Battier as the Thursday trade deadline approached. Battier will be an unrestricted free agent at season's end, and the Rocket declined to extend his contract last summer. It is believed Memphis will attempt to sign Battier to an extension soon. In the immediate, Battier will offer the Grizzlies veteran leadership and wing defense, especially as Rudy Gay recovers from a serious shoulder injury that will keep him out through at least mid-March. Memphis does have Tony Allen and Sam Young, but Battier is bigger and a much better shooter.
Thabeet has been a huge disappointment in the NBA after Memphis made him the No. 2 pick in the guard-heavy 2009 NBA Draft. It's not clear what protections Memphis' pick will have. The Rockets have the option of swapping their own 2011 first-round with that of the New York Knicks, and also own the Knicks' 2012 first-round pick.

Watamlipa kiasi gani huko Rockets? Huko Grizzlies alikuwa akipata $4.9mil before taxes kwa mwaka.
Mungu amsaidie kijana huyo.