Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Halloween- Don't let it go undebated!

Discussion in 'Habari na Hoja mchanganyiko' started by Mkasika, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Mkasika

Mkasika JF-Expert Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Just a second, let this not bore you, I wish to make a point! - Wanaforum let us look at this issue of Halloween critically with the aim of doing what morally is right in the light of whom we are and where we have come from. My understanding of halloween is a reminder of a connection between the "spirits" of the dead. If you have never sat down to try and contact the spirits of the departed loved ones, why then should we want to confuse our children, and show them that there exists such things as a connection between the dead and the living? How I wish such a connection was there, I would be so happy to contact my mother who passed away and my dear brother who was a personal friend! Not everything that Wazungu's will do is good for us! Halloween, the colour of the attire is black, the paraphernalia denote witches and witchcraft, and so goes the message home they want to denote evil! Parents who have genuine love for their kids should, in kindness explain to them the folly behind Halloween, so that instead they could have a laugh at those who have always thought themselves to be the "know all's" and "mister rights". I stand to be criticised!