Google Terms Kenyan Shilling Best Currency For Africa

kayundi2

JF-Expert Member
Feb 2, 2009
Do you work for Google or you have been awarded a tender by Google Inc.?
If you are in Africa,you will no longer be paid in US Dollars.From this March,Google is paying its employees in Africa in Kenyan Shillings.

This has affected also Google Advertisers and Publisher who will hence forth be paying and get paid in a Kenya shilling.

The shift from US Dollar payments to Kenya Shillings is a sign of confidence that Google has in the Kenyan economy

All Google Checks in Africa will henceforth be cleared in Nairobi a shift from London UK.

Nobody understands why Google Inc shunned the South African Rand for the Kenyan shilling...but insiders say that Google trusts the Kenyan economy and has potential fro rocket growth than South Africa's.

Currently Google has a workforce of 300 Employees in Nairobi.

Yahoo Inc has also hinted to start an office in Africa using Nairobi as a gateway to African market.This come after Facebook confirmed they are seeking to take over a Nairobi IT Firm and use it a Launchpad into African market

Good for our neighbours! Pleased to know that Kenya has 300 employees working for google!
Tanzania wako wangapi?
Usikute hata idara ya Kiswahili ya google kuna WAKENYA TUPU!

Good for our neighbours! Pleased to know that Kenya has 300 employees working for google!
Tanzania wako wangapi?

Bila shaka. Hakuna lisilowezekana!

Kayundi ndugu yangu basi tuwekee source ndio tuweze confirm.. inakaa ki April fools prank, tudhibitishie mkuu

This sounds gud and better for EAC to use Kshs instead of EA common currency...hata Gogle "wanaiheshimu pesa yetu"..ahahahaaa..kenyans are winning the battle over common currency likewise Tanzanians winning over the "Land and Vipande issues"..ahahahaha..Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi..mupooooo....Tafuteni na nyie pa-kuegemea katika vita hii ya "East Africa who-owns what and best at"...la sivyo Mutamezwa....Let me suggest..Rwanda ..."Mabinti wazuri wa kitustsi"..no intermarriages....Burundi..mnhhhh..pagumu hapooo

Tanzania wako wangapi?...

Wewe kama Mtanzania umewahi kuwania hizo kazi za Kiswahili ukanyimwa kapewa Mkenya?

Tusilielie na kukosoa Watanzania kana kwamba wewe Mchina. Banduka kwenye vioo vya tarakilishi.

Guys, let's stop this nonsense of comparing apples and oranges. Per CIA, the world fact book, South Africa is the 18th largest economy in the world with a GDP of $ 495 billions. On the other hand, Kenya is among the most poorest country in the world with a GDP of close to $ 65 billions. It is only a foul who would buy this crap. I think Google is just cutting down the cost of operation by taking advantage of the weaker Kenyan Shilling.

i feel that there is something behind this which i dont know about ...............

Guys, let's stop this nonsense of comparing apples and oranges. Per CIA, the world fact book, South Africa is the 18th largest economy in the world with a GDP of $ 495 billions. On the other hand, Kenya is among the most poorest country in the world with a GDP of close to $ 65 billions. It is only a foul who would buy this crap. I think Google is just cutting down the cost of operation by taking advantage of the weaker Kenyan Shilling.
you nailed it! nothing to add

Who said am sourceless....i was only offline hence could not reply.
If you are an Adsense Publisher...you should have been contacted by Google concerning this issue.Same to Adwords publisher......to confirm.....check Google Checks Local currencies....and you should confirm this.Also you can check on Google Kenya company page
http://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=15915

Learn More About Google Kenya
http://whiteafrican.com/2008/07/04/google-kenya-and-the-google-global-cache/

Wewe kama Mtanzania umewahi kuwania hizo kazi za Kiswahili ukanyimwa kapewa Mkenya?

Tusilielie na kukosoa Watanzania kana kwamba wewe Mchina. Banduka kwenye vioo vya tarakilishi.

Achilia mbali kuwania.. hata zikitangazwa... ni kenya hukohuko...!!they r aggressive and good opportunist.. hata kama elimu yao ni ya kikanjanja!

Who said am sourceless....i was only offline hence could not reply.
If you are an Adsense Publisher...you should have been contacted by Google concerning this issue.Same to Adwords publisher......to confirm.....check Google Checks Local currencies....and you should confirm this.Also you can check on Google Kenya company page
http://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=15915

Learn More About Google Kenya
http://whiteafrican.com/2008/07/04/google-kenya-and-the-google-global-cache/

Nilifikiri utaleta source ya maana instead unaleta Google Kenya! yaleyale mashauzi tu! I think what Rufiji has pointed out make more sense!

@Mrallen,
You are right but on education,mwenzangu wakenya wako juu sana.Kitoto cha Darasa la kwanza kinakoroga kiingereza mpaka naduwaa!!!!

@Mrallen,
You are right but on education,mwenzangu wakenya wako juu sana.Kitoto cha Darasa la kwanza kinakoroga kiingereza mpaka naduwaa!!!!
hahahaha! yaani wewe kulonga kiingereza kwako ndio indication of better education! Am very sorry for you! kiingereza ni lugha tu kama zingine na wala hakina uhusiano na better education, you can have a better education even in your own venicular!

Kilembwe...Go to Google Kenya,,,,or Google World Currencies.......to see for yourself or ask any any Adsense and Adword Publisher on this......they got email from Google last month and they have paid in Kenyan shillings this month.......

Rufiji,
Economic status wakati mwingine it has nothing to do with the currency value/stability. Kama ni hivyo Japan iko juu sana kiuchumi duniani lakini pesa yao iko chini ukilinganisha na pesa ya jirani zetu Kenya. Na inasemekana kuwa Wakenya wenyewe wanapenda kuwa na Kshs kuliko hata USD maana pesa yao iko stable mno ukilinganisha na pesa kama ya kwetu. Exchange rate ya Kshs iko hivyo ilivyo leo kwa miaka mingi sana. Pesa yao siyo weak kama unavyosema wewe.

Rufiji,
Economic status wakati mwingine it has nothing to do with the currency value/stability. Kama ni hivyo Japan iko juu sana kiuchumi duniani lakini pesa yao iko chini ukilinganisha na pesa ya jirani zetu Kenya. Na inasemekana kuwa Wakenya wenyewe wanapenda kuwa na Kshs kuliko hata USD maana pesa yao iko stable mno ukilinganisha na pesa kama ya kwetu. Exchange rate ya Kshs iko hivyo ilivyo leo kwa miaka mingi sana. Pesa yao siyo weak kama unavyosema wewe.

I concur with you that economic status is not a good indicator of country's currency value. A classic example is China and Japan, among the strongest economies in the world, but surprisingly both of them have weaker currency. Unlike Kenya, these two countries prefer there currency to have less values in comparison to the dollar because it allow them to have a competitive advantage in exportation. That is the reason United States Govt has been complaining about this, and asked China to allow its currency to float.

On the other hand, I vehemently disagree with your assertion that Kenyans would prefer Kenya shilling in lieu of the mighty American dollar. American economy has been around for sometime now, and more importantly has stood the taste of time. It's no wonder the US dollar is a global currency. To make a long story short, it's only a fool who would prefer Kenya's shilling in lieu of the mighty dollar.

Last, let me ask you a simple question for the sake of this debate if you don't mind. Imagine you are a Google manager who is in charge of preparing payroll for Google's employee in Africa. You are contemplating on whether to use Rand or Kenya shilling to pay your employees, and the exchange rate is as follows:

1 $ = Rand 7.47 and 1 $ = Shilling 77.47

Which currency would you choose? Bear in mind your number one priority is to cut down Google's cost of operations.

Back
Top Bottom